New Power level question

Did we receive an increase in power, or do we now see the correct amount (we already had) and no increase was given in addition to previous levels?

Replies

• No increases. Just a change in the calculation of the stats.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Was the same amount of power used prior or do we have access to more due to the recalc?
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Was the same amount of power used prior or do we have access to more due to the recalc?

No and no. It is just numbers with no impact on game mechanics or behaviour of AI. Not yet that is.
  • Peer wrote: »

No and no. It is just numbers with no impact on game mechanics or behaviour of AI. Not yet that is.

Then why exclude it from GW?

Previously an absolutely maxxed character would have about 11.5k power. Now let's say you had a 5*, G11 Baze with high end mods, such that he ends up with about 95k HP/Proection. He would have about 10k power (I know this because that's what my Baze had). So that Baze (that people would probably complain about running against in GW) was about 87% of a maxxed character. By the same token, he was pretty much equal in power (within a couple of hundred points) of my Zylo, modded more for crit damage and chance for P1 HAAT.

Flash forward to after the change. My Baze now has 13540 power, but instead of being second on my character list is now 14th. Let's say a top level character (7*s, zetas, maxxed abilities) is 20k power. So now my Baze is 68% compared to a max power character.

So previous in GW, someone would face my squad if they had a pretty decent team - around 50k power or so. If they had made the change in GW, then suddenly my Baze would be showing up against teams significantly less powerful. Basically they didn't make this change in GW because characters with synergy (*cough* Chaze *cough*) would start appearing a LOT soon for lesser geared teams.

Out of interest, my Zylo is now at 18705 power. So previously Baze was basically tied with Zylo for power. Now he's at 72%.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Did we receive an increase in power, or do we now see the correct amount (we already had) and no increase was given in addition to previous levels?

The number went up, and now it's an arbitrary number that represents the % of all the upgrades you can do to a toon....

No the original number is just gone.

Previously an absolutely maxxed character would have about 11.5k power. Now let's say you had a 5*, G11 Baze with high end mods, such that he ends up with about 95k HP/Proection. He would have about 10k power (I know this because that's what my Baze had). So that Baze (that people would probably complain about running against in GW) was about 87% of a maxxed character. By the same token, he was pretty much equal in power (within a couple of hundred points) of my Zylo, modded more for crit damage and chance for P1 HAAT.

Flash forward to after the change. My Baze now has 13540 power, but instead of being second on my character list is now 14th. Let's say a top level character (7*s, zetas, maxxed abilities) is 20k power. So now my Baze is 68% compared to a max power character.

So previous in GW, someone would face my squad if they had a pretty decent team - around 50k power or so. If they had made the change in GW, then suddenly my Baze would be showing up against teams significantly less powerful. Basically they didn't make this change in GW because characters with synergy (*cough* Chaze *cough*) would start appearing a LOT soon for lesser geared teams.

Out of interest, my Zylo is now at 18705 power. So previously Baze was basically tied with Zylo for power. Now he's at 72%.

Well that explains it. Thanks Dearie!