anyone use chirrut without baze?

M_L
469 posts Member
i have a 5 star baze, but really just do not have enough speed secondaries to get him even to average speed. Anyone use chirrut without him? or is that a death sentence since without the starting taunt chirrut maybe a bit prone to being one shotted?

Replies

• Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    Chirrut is a great attacker and healer by himself. Obviously better with Baze, but at the high end he can hit for 40k + with his special, without Baze. Plus he'll still cleanse, heal and buff with tenacity up.

Question though, why are you worried about Baze's speed so much? Usually it's better for a taunting tank to have a lower speed so that he holds the taunt longer
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Why do you need baze fast?

Go look at my roster - all of my tanks are like +0 speed lol except for K2S0 because I want him to be super annoying
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    oh when i used baze by himself, i wasn't too concerned with his speed, in fact i made it intentionally just his default 90 to keep the taunt longer. but as i've gotten higher in my arena, i keep seeing people modding their tanks like GK to +100 speed. so i figured they'd probably doing the same with baze so there's more chances to cleanse, rather than just as a sponge for attacks.

Also, at this point, i feel like i'd rather use the fifth spot for someone like zBarriss or r2, both have more utility.
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    I admit that I do run my Baze with about +70 speed and crit damage up, but that's more due to an experiment with a super high damage squad. Wedge (L), ATFz, Chirrut, fast Baze, R2zz.

Normal squad composition calls for a sluggish Baze for sure
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Why do you need baze fast?

Go look at my roster - all of my tanks are like +0 speed lol except for K2S0 because I want him to be super annoying

Hahaha, that IS annoying and I hate you for it already! I mean, it's brilliant, but ever so cruel!
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Also, my opinion is that Chaze is such an amazing synergy that using only Chirrut just doesn't make sense. Using Baze alone is something I do, he is an incredible tank. Anyway, just my opinion, not gospel.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    M_L wrote: »
    oh when i used baze by himself, i wasn't too concerned with his speed, in fact i made it intentionally just his default 90 to keep the taunt longer. but as i've gotten higher in my arena, i keep seeing people modding their tanks like GK to +100 speed. so i figured they'd probably doing the same with baze so there's more chances to cleanse, rather than just as a sponge for attacks.

Also, at this point, i feel like i'd rather use the fifth spot for someone like zBarriss or r2, both have more utility.

GK is an exception in that he has a cleanse and mass assist attack. You want GK to be fast because you want to use all of his utility to your advantage and he doesn't have any TM gaining abilities. Plus his auto-taunt CAN trigger more often than Baze's at times.

Baze gains 5% TM whenever an enemy gets a buff so you'll find his low base speed isn't that much a hindrance to the amount of turns he gets. Plus he counter attacks a lot with Chirrut. You really don't need to run too much speed on Baze, mines only like 118 speed and he's running a protection arrow. Definitely worthwhile to run him even if he's "slow."
  • M_L wrote: »

Do you have another tank you are using? Bariss and R2 are nowhere near as effective at prrotecting your team as Baze and Chirrut, even when they are zetad. Unless you have GK to use with Zeta Barriss, which is one of the most annoying combos in the game.

As far as worrying about Baze' speed, you probably shouldn't be comparing him to GK , since they have totally different kits. Having a fast GK means you can get team retribution up quicker, but having a faster Baze means you lose his initial taunt faster, and since he only gets it back if you kill an enemy or Chirrut drops below 100% health, I personally like to keep that first taunt for as long as possible.

In additon, if your primary concern is getting Baze faster just to use him as a dispeller, you should know he gains 5% Tm for every buff the other team gets, including those they start with. So if you are facing a team of 5 sith under Zeta Maul, he would start with 25% TM. That means his effective starting speed would be (X/0.75)=Y, where X is his base speed and Y is his effective speed. So if you put a speed arrow on him, he would have a base sped of 120 , so (120/0.75)=160. Assuming the Sith go first, each time they unstealth, they gain advantage, giving Baze another 5% for each, and if Baze counters and it crits or is evaded, they regain stealth, and boom, another 5%. If you are fighting another Chaze team, he gets 5% for every HOT that they get. So this can very quickly get Baze to 100%.

Personally, I use health sets on Baze, with 2 protection primaries and 2 health primaries, (Baze is one of the few tanks that can benefit from the health mods (only when paired with Chirrut) as a bigger pool of health means a bigger percentage being healed by the 4% given by HOTS. I did manage to get 20 extra speed on him from secondaries, as well as extra offense and crit chance, but I think using a speed arrow is sacrificing the potential for a much more important health or protection primary.
  • I do.
  • Lysiris
    25 posts Member
    I'm using Chirrut only with the following team and can take 1st/2nd every day. Stay in the top20 overnight.

Boba L, Chirrut, Thrawn, r2d2, GK

Under this team, my 6* Chirrut currently can hit for about 35k-40k depending on the target with his special.

I don't have Baze geared, and not planning to work on him in the near future either.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    M_L wrote: »

GK is different. He will regain his taunt fairly often and with speed he will be able to cleanse and do ok damage more often.

• I use him as my healer in a rebel group in Gal War and he is awesome. Mine is only 5 star but hits pretty hard,fast and keeps everyone healed up with HOTs and heal when needed.I think he compliments ackbar lead,wiggs big time.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I don't use Baze but use Chirrut for the triple cleanse. Your baze doesn't need to be fast, and he gains TM when opposing team gains buffs which is good so you can dispel all of it after they stack up on buffs.
  • Thats like using biggs without wedge!
  • Toben
    68 posts Member
    FWIW there's a guy on my Arena shard who uses Chirrut with a fast Shoretrooper instead of Baze. Because Shore's taunt gets -1 cooldown whenever he loses a buff, and because Chirrut gives Shore a gazillion HoTs, it means his Shore is permanently taunting, and can always taunt again immediately when he gets dispelled. Although Shore has nowhere near the damage output or dispelling capability of Baze, it is surprisingly annoying to deal with, and the setup buys a lot of time for his Nihilus to go to town.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    how the heck does chirrut give shoretrooper HOTs, i thought his unique only worked on other rebels?