Galactic War Satisfaction.

TAZZZOOO
245 posts Member
I just had the firsr most enjoyable and diverse galactic war in months, best of all no zaul or chaze! Some nodes put up a challenge but it was nice to see scoundrels, resistance, jawas ect instead of rebels and sith for a change.
Anyone else noticing this in gw or did I just get a lucky break?

Replies

• Lucky break?? I got an all jawa team on node 8 and it was refreshing. Node 11 was the toughest, but I was able to clear it with my third team, and then my Jedi closed out the last battle. Good win today.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    You lucky buggers.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    Shhhhh. They'll find out!
  • HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Nope. Node 6 tonight is Rex, Chaze, Fett, Palp. Not the worst draw, but bad enough. I'm a longtime player who has put in a few bucks here and there. Last 3 months or so, I've had to invest 2 hours or so each GW pumping TM perfectly for every toon on the 1st 5 nodes, using different toons but Palp on each of these nodes... ensuring no cooldowns are burnt at the end of each battle and ensuring no toon takes any hits. This takes an absurd amount of time for the only reliable source of resources we have in this game as a F2P/minnow. If I didn't have Palp well upgraded, there is not a chance I'd ever complete a GW.

Since the updates started rolling out its been worse than its ever been. I only have a handful of toons capable of even handling a team like Zaul or the one on node 6 tonight. Even then it's assured that those toons get prot stripped which can't happen before nodes 11/12 or it's trouble. I've had a broken node 12 randomly the last few weeks. Really not much difference though in difficulty between broken/non-broken.

I'm fine with every other part of the game for the most part but GW. They've had GW fun to play for stretches, but then they throw it completely out of balance again. I'm fine with a challenge. I don't think 2-3 hours a night should qualify as a challenge or fun. It used to be fun when you could actually experiment with different teams without any repercussions for completing GW. I don't need the same OP teams to be thrown at me every node 6,9, 11, 12 and sometimes 7/8/10 to tell me my roster can't handle them. I'd upgrade the toons necessary to handle these squads but I can't when I get a full stun cuff or stun gun every 6 months from Rancor.. or 2-3 salvage drops per 3-4 months. Pretty much everyone in my guild believes that, if you have a surplus of a certain gear, that's what you are going to get every heroic Rancor/HAAT drop. I think that it's just that the cuffs/guns have a really really low drop rate. I think the people who put money into the game would continue to do so if these 2 critical pieces of gear would drop at a rate commensurate with everything else in Heroic Rancor. I know, for me, this abysmal drop rate along with GW makes me not want to put in a cent further. I cannot seem to get stun cuffs/guns no matter what I do.
    Post edited by HokieFiend on
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    The flash events certainly helped me with with a few stun guns/cuffs but the gear grind is real. Either way I don't think gearing up you characters will help in gw, you just need good rng and get easy teams. Or try to break the final nodes if thats still possible.
  • Nope i get chaze or zaul every third node after node 6. Its reslly sad when i get to a purple box and say screw it not going to bother cause i go in against zetas and over 200 speed and never get to go