SW:GoH's rule of one

Prev1
USAmazing
1157 posts Member
In this game we have multiple versions of named characters like General Kenobi & Old Ben, yet we have only one of the non-unique characters like Stormtrooper and only one Royal Guard to play.

I think it would be cool if we could farm more than one of the non-unique characters. Maybe 3-5 of them... we get to fight them, how about play them?

Imagine Vader and four Stormtroopers or the Emperor and four Royal Guards or DK and four Deathtroopers or even fighting a five man squad of Hoth Soldiers or Shoretroopers!

However I would fear a squad of B2's in the arena, I would love to run a resistance squad of Finn & Poe with three Resistance Troopers.

I just think it would look cool, what do y'all think, what would you run in arena?
"You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nihilus and 4 SA....haha

That could be interesting.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Interesting idea! I wonder if there are any game-breaking combos that could result from this.
  • That would be awesome! And it would put a new strategic twist on Arena :)
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    J7Luke wrote: »
    I would probably try out 2 Biggs and 3 Wedges just to see 5 characters attack one guy at once twice in a row.

Well I'm talking about the non-named characters... you still get only one Biggs and only one Wedge, but if the release Rebel Pilot you could try 3 of them with Wiggs.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • 3mp3r0r
    33 posts Member
    i've long wanted to make a team of EP, vader, and 3 royal guards
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    USAmazing wrote: »
    J7Luke wrote: »
    I would probably try out 2 Biggs and 3 Wedges just to see 5 characters attack one guy at once twice in a row.

Well I'm talking about the non-named characters... you still get only one Biggs and only one Wedge, but if the release Rebel Pilot you could try 3 of them with Wiggs.

Lol, yeah, I realized that after I posted it. :P
  • you did say non-unique so i wouldnt run into a team of 2 chazes and DN lol
    ive kinda always thought this would be cool. but that was back before they added so many rebels and other empire toons. but i do think a team with veers, shoretrooper and 3 snowtroopers would be cool. there could be a lot of cool faction teams this way.
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't run first order but a zPhasma lead with 4 zFOST's seems like it could be kind funny to watch, just for the sheer number of assists
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    you did say non-unique so i wouldnt run into a team of 2 chazes and DN lol
    ive kinda always thought this would be cool. but that was back before they added so many rebels and other empire toons. but i do think a team with veers, shoretrooper and 3 snowtroopers would be cool. there could be a lot of cool faction teams this way.

Oh yeah! Veers and four Snowtroopers!

How about Phasma & Kylo and 3 First Order Stormtroopers!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    lladdir wrote: »
    I don't run first order but a zPhasma lead with 4 zFOST's seems like it could be kind funny to watch, just for the sheer number of assists

Yeah! You beat me to it!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Chirpa and four ewok elders.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Poggle and four Geo Soldiers.

HK and 4 IG 88s.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Chirpa and four ewok elders.

Oy! Didn't think about that! What a nightmare to face!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Admiral_Wh1skers
    1352 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    It would, it could change the meta as well...
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited July 2017

HK and 4 IG 88s.

HK-47 and four B2s
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited July 2017

HK and 4 IG 88s.

HK-47 and four B2s

Haha. With CD and CC mods. You can't stop them!
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Add a non-unique tag to them (so you can tell which ones will do this), then once u get a non-unique to max shards, additional shards then go into creating about character, and so on to infinity! (Or maybe just a max of 5)
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Add a non-unique tag to them (so you can tell which ones will do this), then once u get a non-unique to max shards, additional shards then go into creating about character, and so on to infinity! (Or maybe just a max of 5)

Yeah I imagine that once you max a character like Stormtrooper, the next shards you earn go towards unlocking your 2nd Stormtrooper.

Probably only 5 Stormtroopers is all you need, you could borrow a Vader in darkside battles and have Vader with five Stormtroopers!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    I'd pay money to be able to farm up multiple Deathtroopers and Royal Guards.

(Plus imagine how high the defense would be on 5 stromteoopers all sharing defense passives!)
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    I'd pay money to be able to farm up multiple Deathtroopers and Royal Guards.

(Plus imagine how high the defense would be on 5 stromteoopers all sharing defense passives!)

I would personally start farming 3 Resistance Troopers first, with their TM gain the other team would not get a turn... unless it was against a bunch of B2s.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    The new Hoth Han & Hoth Leia with 3 Hoth Scouts!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    The new Hoth Han & Hoth Leia with 3 Hoth Scouts!

Wasn't Leia too busy trying to kiss her brother on Hoth? Haha
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Thing is, if they set it up this way, unique characters would go behind a paywall.
  • All the ewok scout unlocks from bronzium cards.....
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Vader and four Tie Fighter Pilots!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Wouldn't they have to change the kits of the non-unique toons for this to work? As it is right now, the non-uniques have pretty unique kits, and having several of each could definitely be OP. Or not even rework kits, just lower base stats across the board
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    ilNomad wrote: »
    Wouldn't they have to change the kits of the non-unique toons for this to work? As it is right now, the non-uniques have pretty unique kits, and having several of each could definitely be OP. Or not even rework kits, just lower base stats across the board

Yes, in reality this would cause problems...

But it's is fun to think about!

Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    How bout Zarris and a bunch of shoretroopers haha
  • The Krennic + DTs would be insane. On stagger, four assists, each capable of inflicting daze, or stun on a dazed target. All double taps against rebels, so there goes Chirrut in a rain of fire. Four aoe dispels that increase cooldowns. Deathmark after deathmark after deathmark. With zetas, four 50% chances to gain full TM whenever Krennic is hit (who maintains crit immunity). Massive health steal. Revives with the use of stagger.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @Indominable_J
    Wow... I didn't read up on DK & his DTs, that would be a killer team for sure!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi