[Mega] The Road Ahead for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Devs have said relatively recently that they looked at making Mandalorians a faction but it doesn't make sense since the Mandalorian characters in the game have very little relation to one another. It would be sort of like making a faction called Tatooine where Tusken Raiders would have Jawa synergy.

I thought it was more stated that they were not a full faction. Not that they have little relationship to each other.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Devs have said relatively recently that they looked at making Mandalorians a faction but it doesn't make sense since the Mandalorian characters in the game have very little relation to one another. It would be sort of like making a faction called Tatooine where Tusken Raiders would have Jawa synergy.

What would be ironic is if droids had jawa synergy! Or jawas had droid synergy! (Drops the mike...)
    giphy%2B%25281%2529.gif
    lol ;):mrgreen:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Before adding new stuff how about y'all fix stuff like GW? It's heinously awful.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Before adding new stuff how about y'all fix stuff like GW? It's heinously awful.
    GW is fine.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Nith
    22 posts Member
    the GW system is probably based on Power, so the chance you'll get a Chaze/Zetas is the same to get any other team with the same Power rank. That will only change when they rearrange the GW code to match the new Power ratings. Then we'll probably get zeta only in nods 10-12. I think chazes will be rare in that case, but we'll see more zauls, zaders, zarriss. but that's only my opinion
  • As per the road ahead- flash events were an answer to gear bottleneck. Or maybe I just read into comments too much? Why do we only have 3 for July? Ewok flash events are there - does that mean there will be others? This is concerning because territory battle prize's state - exclusive gear. Exclusive gear meaning gear 12 or those pesky guns, carbs, bio tech implants , holo lenses, and shield generators? I personally prefer the latter.
  • Bigger picture here. Territory battles has a lot of room for growth. Landscapes are endless. Hoth- ESB. Veers victory. Totality of roster. Really can't wait to start.

Very very excited. Glad i downloaded the game.
  • New content is meant for level 75 and up only. New players are excluded. Nice job
  • New content is meant for level 75 and up only. New players are excluded. Nice job

First off, thank you for your service.
    But secondly, part of the latest update said that they were making the events playable for all levels.
    In other words, where they previously had the event tiers at 20, 40, 60, and 80, the tiers will now reflect the players level.
    All that I am really unsure about at this time is whether or not the rewards will reflect the players level or not.
    But all the new Ewoks should be unlockable by nearly all players. Also, the level 75 event is for an "Assault Battle" which has always been intended for level 75+ players. I don't believe that has, or will change.
    At least that is what I understood from it.

And again, thank you for your service! We need our medics!

Not to be mean or anything, but new players don't need new content. You should have plenty to keep you busy. I've been L85 for 7.5 months. New content will be very much appreciated.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    New content is meant for level 75 and up only. New players are excluded. Nice job

Not to be mean or anything, but new players don't need new content. You should have plenty to keep you busy. I've been L85 for 7.5 months. New content will be very much appreciated.

@EventineElessedil That's not mean. New players actually have too much content and too little resources at the start. So they absolutely have plenty to keep busy with. And I've been a level 85 for a week and I would love to have new content on this game. The more the merrier! lol ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    COMMANDER Luke? Milking much?

Color me disappointed.

So now we are going to have at least 3 Lukes. At least. *face palm*

looking fwd to have a complete luke team
    I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • rockstarjay
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    New content is meant for level 75 and up only. New players are excluded. Nice job

I agree with you. Fighting the unbeatable content at lower levels definitely helped me see where I needed to improve and plan for the future.

Edit: and it made it more satisfying when I was finally able to beat it.
  • Nith wrote: »
    the GW system is probably based on Power, so the chance you'll get a Chaze/Zetas is the same to get any other team with the same Power rank. That will only change when they rearrange the GW code to match the new Power ratings. Then we'll probably get zeta only in nods 10-12. I think chazes will be rare in that case, but we'll see more zauls, zaders, zarriss. but that's only my opinion

Under the new system we will see more triple cleanse in earlier galactic war nodes because they don't require zetas to be effective.
  • Will Territory Battles spark the end of Raid Content?
  • Tedbeast wrote: »
    Hoth Han... just need Old Han (from e.7) and Recently Unfrozen Han (his escape from Jabbas palace)... Who wants a whole party of Han?!

Lmao
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • This Event is absolutely ridiculous hard. Shame on you....
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Aren't the arduous events a little bit too arduous? Man I can accept the ewoks, my imperial team is what it is, not so strong, but the stage with the 2 ewok shamans is impossible and I think it would be even with a strong empire team. And the empire event... Man, my rebels are fully maxed and no way to win. The RGs at the last stage are just too strong, I merely have 2 attacks (maybe) before they start to paralyze everyone letting Palpatine oneshot my whole team. And there's no enough tenacity, they'll paralyze or slow me down even with full tenacity mods.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Aren't the arduous events a little bit too arduous? Man I can accept the ewoks, my imperial team is what it is, not so strong, but the stage with the 2 ewok shamans is impossible and I think it would be even with a strong empire team. And the empire event... Man, my rebels are fully maxed and no way to win. The RGs at the last stage are just too strong, I merely have 2 attacks (maybe) before they start to paralyze everyone letting Palpatine oneshot my whole team. And there's no enough tenacity, they'll paralyze or slow me down even with full tenacity mods.

I completed all tiers with EP(L) Vader RG Tarkin Thrawn, all G8 except EP being G11. Key is using stun, fracture, ability block on the Ewok Elders and using AoEs to take down the deadly Ewoks. It was tough but I enjoyed it.
  • Drazhar wrote: »

Try Ackbar (L), Wedge, Biggs, Fives, ST Han.
    If you then use the Event Ability you gain retribution and HOT, but because of the Ackbar lead someone will attack when you use it. 5's counters will put Speed down on everyone and in the stages with Magma Troopers, if you have retribution on multiple members of your squad, when the Magma throws a grenade you can one shot him through counters. Make sure you have STHan and Biggs specials ready for final stage, Taunt Han and hit Palps with Biggs Special. Use even ability with everyone on the RGs. Should be able to kill them before Palps even gets a turn. I did it with all 7 star, lvl 70-73, G8, except 5s who is 5 star
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Thanks everyone, I'll try to use your advices. I get that 5s is the only way to deal with that event, my rebels are far stronger than yours but I can't beat EP. Maybe it's because I don't have a decent 5s to use there. Anyway, I can't get to final stage if I don't use wedge's heal, so ackbar is pretty impossible to use as leader. For the ewoks event: meh, that's probably me not having a good imperial team. I'm powering Phoenixes just now so I don't have thrawn and my RG still needs a lot of improvement. Well then, next time. And thanks again :)
  • I used droids and nailed it and with the rebels one my K2SO under wedge lead solo everything till the last phase where u face palpatine and I don't even have good rebels
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I'll try to use your advices. I get that 5s is the only way to deal with that event, my rebels are far stronger than yours but I can't beat EP. Maybe it's because I don't have a decent 5s to use there. Anyway, I can't get to final stage if I don't use wedge's heal, so ackbar is pretty impossible to use as leader. For the ewoks event: meh, that's probably me not having a good imperial team. I'm powering Phoenixes just now so I don't have thrawn and my RG still needs a lot of improvement. Well then, next time. And thanks again :)

What I ran was wedge lead, Biggs, lando, rex, and I think r2.
    The keys for me was using the special event ability on as many people as possible on the aoe trooper rounds to kill them via counter attacks.
    As for the emperor, having rex give tenacity up was huge. Then I just spam aoe attacks with wedge and lando to clear the guards and then focus the emperor down asap with a Biggs assist attack, and keep him stunned will r2.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Also, for those that struggle with the Ewoks, this is what I use: (it's hard, but I can definitely win with it)
    Vader leader (zeta)
    Palpatine (though I think he might be swappable with Vader for the event)
    Tie pilot
    R2 (he's my only good droid other than b2)
    Rg

For stages with the elders, i use rg and and r2 to constantly stun while the rest whittle them down.

I did swap in tarkin for one run of it instead of r2, and whiley dps was way higher, the lack of a second stun made it take longer because the elders were resurrecting more.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • dsteve
    91 posts Member
    Same toons here: Palps, Vader, TFP, R2, RG

I did one round with Zader lead, one round with Palps lead. Palps lead is probably a bit better than Zader for this event.

They're just so fast that the minimal TM reduction probably doesn't help much, and DoTs don't persist when the buggers revive.
  • When it seems impossible you just gotta try harder
    If they let you repeat attempts you should do so
    For example i beat t2 imperial assault on day two after trying it at least FORTY times
    At the end of the road you will understand that the harder the game, the more fun it was...
  • i would rather see them finish things like the armor and stuff that is still missing than to continue to just keep adding overpowered toons. Sorry there is nothing fun about the fights in this game they are 25% fun and 75 % frustrating if anything . It is collecting them that i find fun and building them.
  • Whadaya mean armor?
  • Rynn
    69 posts Member
    Yeah they need to fix what is broken in game before releasing more toons...especially toons no one asked for. How about changing it up alreasy and add in more darkside toons? Also why do we need to have 3 of the same toons? How about padme, might as well add three different costumes for her: Geonosis arena, Theed Palace Battle suit, and handmaiden padme. Add jar jar, captain tarpols, boss nass, and Lyonie, Rish Loo, or Peppi Bow.

As for darkside find more toons foe this side as the game is lopsided with tons of rebels and lightside. Aurra Sing and more dark characters would be awesome. In addition to this, how about adding the hardware section to fleets and giving us the 7* capital ships?;