By the end of the month I will have 100 Zetas saved, a complete waste of time with no droids to use

Prev13
JinSaotome
682 posts Member
edited July 2017
General CoughCough is the most requested rework yet he's unusable. The core of Droid teams (HK47, IG-class droids, B2, even jawas) don't have a single zeta ability. They haven't been touched since Omegas. Lobot does something slightly Droid realed, he's a REBEL, but hasn't seen a single upgrade.

Devs, if I could trade or sell these Zetas in for something useful I would. I keep seeing "seperatist and Droid reworks are coming!" but haven't seen the slightest of interest to them taken. I'm not even asking for a faction pass, just give them a zeta upgrade so they can compete with the characters getting TWO zeta abilities now.
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• VektorT
    111 posts Member
    Wait for august. Then wait for next august. Maybe the next one after this.

The Separatist is the most obvious faction screaming "REWOOOORK" and still they spent time and resources reworking ewoks and adding even more rebels that are just repeated characters (and not even Chewie).
  • Here's a grand idea. Quit using solely Droids when the devs have made it very clear that Rebels are their favorite and nearly every other faction will get a faction pass before Droids do. GG is one of the top most requested reworks but he's by far the absolute top of the list. 100 zetas can make just about any meta team you want so why would you hold out on Droids when there isn't even a sliver of hope that they are getting reworked anytime in this year?
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    nah nah nah, tuskens are the next rework
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Droids were arena viable for the first year of the game. They're not anymore. The game has moved on...you should too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Droids were arena viable for the first year of the game. They're not anymore. The game has moved on...you should too.

So you're saying that once a meta is gone it should be gone forever and never return? Look at rebels, they keep coming back and the old ones keep getting buffed by the new ones. Just because they were meta once doesn't mean they shouldn't come back later cough rebels cough.
    The game has moved on...you should too.

Rebels are STILL meta, although with SOME new characters added to the team. Droids and any other faction should be no different. Rework Grievous, add Droideka and bam, you have a new droid team and the game moves forward. Simple solution that makes a LOT of people happy.
    the devs have made it very clear that Rebels are their favorite and nearly every other faction will get a faction pass before Droids do

They've never said the order in which the faction passes are coming so there is no evidence that droids will be last in line for a faction pass.
    so why would you hold out on Droids when there isn't even a sliver of hope that they are getting reworked anytime in this year?

They could be next month for all anyone knows. Again, the devs have never said their plans for the order of faction passes.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. For a long time droids were a dominant team, they will get their turn in the sun again but there are other factions who need to have their time first.

The Separatist faction will likely get some love soon and will likely have a GG rework and new droids added to the game.

Also droids already have some Zeta abilities as a faction as R2 has 2 and I would consider him part of the core of a droid team now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    poor guy
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

So you're saying that once a meta is gone it should be gone forever and never return? Look at rebels, they keep coming back and the old ones keep getting buffed by the new ones. Just because they were meta once doesn't mean they shouldn't come back later cough rebels cough.

They were meta not that long ago, for a VERY LONG time. Other factions were never close. So what he is saying is learn to adapt and go with the flow,
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member

This. For a long time droids were a dominant team, they will get their turn in the sun again but there are other factions who need to have their time first.

The Separatist faction will likely get some love soon and will likely have a GG rework and new droids added to the game.

Also droids already have some Zeta abilities as a faction as R2 has 2 and I would consider him part of the core of a droid team now.

If you brought up the K2 zeta I would have stabbed you with a fork. And while R2 does have 2 zetas all the usable droids in arena right now are dark side, so one of R2's zetas does nothing for them.
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    edited July 2017

This doesn't make any sense and always is the pointless point against droids. Right now Rex, Rebels and Sith/Empire are meta for a way bigger time than droids was and some of them in a much more pronounced way. Actually this argument of "droids was meta once" is the thing that should move on. Arguing that something that once was good should never be good again is totally ridiculous. Also it's not just about droids, but also about Separatists that never ever had their chance and not even have a leader sinergy. And not only about Separatists, but mainly about GG that never ever had any chance despite being a super hard farm.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    J0K3R wrote: »
    They were meta not that long ago, for a VERY LONG time. Other factions were never close. So what he is saying is learn to adapt and go with the flow,

Answer below :)
    VektorT wrote: »

This doesn't make any sense and always is the pointless point against droids. Right now Rex, Rebels and Sith/Empire are meta for a way bigger time than droids was and some of them in a much more pronounced way. Actually this argument of "droids was meta once" is the thing that should move on. Arguing that something that once was good should never be good again is totally ridiculous. Also it's not just about droids, but also about Separatists that never ever had their chance and not even have a leader sinergy. And not only about Separatists, but mainly about GG that never ever had any chance despite being a super hard farm.
    The point is, it doesn't need to be a droid faction pass or whatever, it should be a separatist pass next which greatly needs the help. Devs, if you see this, here's some ideas :)https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/117405/separatist-faction-pass-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    NightSisters...they don't have a ship in Fleet, not a single one has a use in Rancor, H AAT, Arena or GW.

Mother Talzin, where is she ?

Maul and Savage wouldn't even have been in Star Wars were it not for Mother Talzin.

She was so powerful, Palpatine made Dathomir off limits.

She held her own in a duel w/ Mace Windu.

She fended off a dual attack from Palpatine himself and Dooku...yet Nightsisters r the weakest, most useless faction in the game. Shame really.

I'm sure if some females started making a stink, we'd see a viable full female team. Let's go ladies.

In reference to droids, GG deserves a rework. It's long overdue. He's iconic. Droideka needs to b released and for the love of all that's holy, why is the best droid lead on the absolute worst droid ?

Give that lead ability to GG, give him synergy w/ IG-100, add Droideka and Bam ! Droids r good to go.
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

Would like that..
  • I play Monopoly, but I only buy the yellow properties.
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    Droids are a cheap trick. They're a step down from Wiggs and Chaze. Move on. Let it go. You're sitting on FIVE zeta upgrades.

I really don't understand droid users. Who knows, maybe you guys will get BB-8 and droids can be awesome...just a different team than the boring standard.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Well separatist need to have his time
  • I've already zeta'd both R2's abilities and run light side for arena for top 10-5 payout. My raid placing is always #1-2. GW is a breeze. I don't need to zeta anyone just because, I want to zeta my favorite team, droids. It's becoming less and less fun having them just sit around and wait for phase 2 of HAAT.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Rebels are STILL meta, although with SOME new characters added to the team. Droids and any other faction should be no different. Rework Grievous, add Droideka and bam, you have a new droid team and the game moves forward. Simple solution that makes a LOT of people happy.
    the devs have made it very clear that Rebels are their favorite and nearly every other faction will get a faction pass before Droids do

They've never said the order in which the faction passes are coming so there is no evidence that droids will be last in line for a faction pass.
    so why would you hold out on Droids when there isn't even a sliver of hope that they are getting reworked anytime in this year?

They could be next month for all anyone knows. Again, the devs have never said their plans for the order of faction passes.

Rebel>Droids and putting Luke Skywalker on the game>cry for one more Rebel added

OP
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I play Monopoly, but I only buy the yellow properties.

This needs more likes. :D

Rebel>Droids and putting Luke Skywalker on the game>cry for one more Rebel added

Not porblem with jedi luke but pheonix pao bistan and etc.........
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »

This needs more likes. :D
    :lol:
  • OP, I understand you're a huge droid fan but seriously? I'm sure you've unlocked other toons, should try using them. Save 60 zeta mats in case there is a droid pass, even 80 and use the other ones on the rest of your roster. I'm a big sith/empire fan yet my Cody and qgj have zetas.
  • I hope OP can trade his zetas in and the second he does they release a droid faction pass with zetas.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Oh man, they were so strong already, I can't imagine a faction pass on droids. I'm sure there's more to come. The waiting is harder than the durosteel armor plating on IG-88's back.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Oh man, they were so strong already, I can't imagine a faction pass on droids. I'm sure there's more to come. The waiting is harder than the durosteel armor plating on IG-88's back.

Driods are fun a still playable bud they arent good
  • Droids? Meta? Over a year?! Now I've been playing this game since shortly after launch with a couple breaks here and there, there were only two brief times when droids were the meta (meta being "Most Effective Tactic Available" for all you people who say ATM machine), that was from Poes release to the buff on Poe and making TM reductions dispellable, And for a brief period of time after jawa engineers release. So maybe like two months total. Even then they were at best 'ok' on defense. I don't really care about if they become super OP from a pass or whatever, as the only reason why I decided to run them is because when I started I saw Hk was a toon and him being my favorite character I just had to get him he just happened to be the leader of a decent team. Ideally that's how it'd be for most factions, which is why I'm all for CG reworking smaller factions like ewoks.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    I'm not even asking for a faction pass, just give them a zeta upgrade so they can compete with the characters getting TWO zeta abilities now.

Ok let's be a little more realistic here.... There aren't THAT many characters with two zetas (43 total zeta abilities in game at the moment):
    • Ventress
    • Nihilus
    • Thrawn
    • Yoda
    • Tarkin
    • Jyn
    • R2
    Ventress's leader ability is a waste of a zeta as Nightsisters are horrible. Her unique zeta is alright, not amazing though. Nihilus's lead zeta is good, but the thing you use his lead for (Bypassing Rex lead, GK's taunt, and Zarriss) doesn't really require the zeta at all. Still can't hold on defense anyways. His unique zeta is pretty good if you're not using him on a full DS team. Thrawn's leader ability protection gain is nice, certainly isn't the be all end all of zetas, but it's nice to have for empire teams. His unique zeta is pretty good for arena teams, and very good for raids. So yeah I'd say thrawn's zetas are pretty good, then again his whole kit is dam good before the zetas anyways, don't think that has anything to do with him having 2 zeta abilities... Yoda's lead zeta is honestly not great, the best part about it is the +5% TM gain addition, but then it still won't get used when theres zQGJ running around. Yoda's BM zeta essentially just does exactly what you've always thought it should do, which is great, but honestly Yoda really only has one zeta ability that gets any use. Tarkin's lead zeta gives +2 speed! Wow! And an irresistible expose....that can be cleansed. Tarkin's good, but his zeta lead isn't all that much more useful than his standard lead. Tarkin's unique zeta is also like alright, but not amazing, max you get from it in most situations is +100% potency so I guess it means you'll do more damage with Ultimate firepower if you use it right away, but the best part of ultimate firepower is the TMR and Tarkin's base potency is already enough to land it.... So yeah wow 2 zetas that's totally what makes tarkin useful... Jyn's lead zeta is good. It is. Her unique is good if you want her to solo the rancor or if you just happen to face a team of EP, Daka, RG, R2, and Aayla. (Ok slight exaggeration) Her unique zeta isn't what makes her good. Her lead zeta is actually good, but seriously you can't claim that because characters are getting 2 zetas now that's why they're harder to compete with. It's the whole ability set, not just the two zeta upgrades. Honestly characters with 2 zetas (imo) don't all have that great of zetas. Ventress's are both lackluster, Nihilus's is good situationally, Thrawns are obviously geared towards the tank raid, Yoda has one good one and a pretty useless leader ability that tries to throw a bandaid on after you get cut in half, Tarkin's are alright but unnecessary to use him effectively, Jyn's lead works well in Chaze teams, but her unique is very situational.

R2's two zetas on the other hand are basically mini leader abilities as uniques so I'm just gonna gloss over that.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    He's on the absolute bottom of my list.

He is literally the only toon that I haven't bothered farming and activating.

Sitting at 13/80 shards (most of that is from GW nodes).

Why would they rework a toon that almost nobody has?

Characters like Mace, nightsisters, Bounty Hunter, and yes EWOKS, are all toons that many people have unlocked and just aren't doing much with them.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Why would they rework a toon that almost nobody has?

Better question is, why wouldnt they? Perfect way to make money. And it give some incentive to actually farm him