Why is Squad and Character Strategy barely used anymore?

EldMapat
85 posts Member
This is my favorite section of the forums, but it seems like it is being used less nowadays. I mean here people actually try to figure out new strategies while general discussion is plagued with so many people complaining. Why aren't people using this section as much?

Replies

• Options
    The biggest reason is that people don't want to jump around from subforum to subforum looking for new topics, so everything tends to be posted into general discussion. The mods do move a lot of threads, but for the most part that is basically the same as deleting them. What this forum really needs is a "What's New" button that brings up all recently commented on threads regardless of which subforum they are posted on. Another game I play has this and the mods almost never have to move posts.

If the strategy subforum has been more active in the past than it is now, it is probably because there isn't a lot new to discuss. I think Thrawn has been pretty much sorted out, and other than him there haven't been any new toons for a little while. And with the HAAT being soloed there isn't a lot of interest in trying to theorycraft new raid teams. The Nutinni episode may have gotten most of that moved elsewhere just in case too. I expect that once the new Ewoks are in game things will pick up again.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    The biggest reason is that people don't want to jump around from subforum to subforum looking for new topics, so everything tends to be posted into general discussion. The mods do move a lot of threads, but for the most part that is basically the same as deleting them. What this forum really needs is a "What's New" button that brings up all recently commented on threads regardless of which subforum they are posted on. Another game I play has this and the mods almost never have to move posts.

If the strategy subforum has been more active in the past than it is now, it is probably because there isn't a lot new to discuss. I think Thrawn has been pretty much sorted out, and other than him there haven't been any new toons for a little while. And with the HAAT being soloed there isn't a lot of interest in trying to theorycraft new raid teams. The Nutinni episode may have gotten most of that moved elsewhere just in case too. I expect that once the new Ewoks are in game things will pick up again.

There is a recent discussion button. That's literally how I found this topic
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

Nice, i'm just gonna use that from now on i think
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    To be honest, I didn't think to use it until now. Discovered it only last week. I'll use it too ^_^
  • fotrovina
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Because now there is not much to strategize - just use any 3 characters + Chaze and you are fine... :wink:
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    fotrovina wrote: »
    Because now there is not much to strategize - just use any 3 characters + Chaze and you are fine... :wink:

There is that lol.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Because people want attention more than advice.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

I'm not seeing one. Is it on the mobile site or desktop only? Because I'm pretty sure most people here are in mobile.
    fotrovina wrote: »

If all you want is to break into the top 100 or maybe 50. If you want to reliably get into the top 5 and not fall too far overnight you need three very good toons to go with your Chaze.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on mobile. Click the three lines on the top left. A tab slides open, recent discussions is one of the first buttons on that tab
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You have to be on the home page to see the lines, or actually, you just can't be inside a topic
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer but your profile pic is hilarious!

Cumberbatch would make a perfect Thrawn.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    After posting stuff in both general discussion always gets more replies/views, so why not post in the more active of the two
    Post edited by Allenb60 on