CG, jesse Just open all character to let F2P get it !!!

DknSho
18 posts Member
edited February 2016
I think this is the best way to let F2P stop open a crying post ;)

Replies

  • Troll thread? What's your point? You're whining that the F2P guys are whining? Want your money to get you exclusive whining rights?
  • I'm asking CG n Jesse to help F2P ...... Lol
    Why u talking like that ?
    I'm helping F2P now ;)
    @Azraelrulez
  • More free goodies thread, lol.






  • DknSho wrote: »
    I think this is the best way to let F2P stop open a crying post ;)

    then there will be no more p2p....
  • I'm F2P and I would not want this because this is not balance. On the one hand, I would appreciate seeing some of the older Data Card only toons become farmable as new releases hit, but to just give us everything farmable would be overkill.
  • DknSho wrote: »
    I'm asking CG n Jesse to help F2P ...... Lol
    Why u talking like that ?
    I'm helping F2P now ;)
    @Azraelrulez

    Haha, sorry for the rudeness. Just so much going on, name calling etc, lost my sense of humor. Sad if I can't take a joke... but this thread is a troll thread, lol.
  • I think this would help f2p, p2p and CG.

    Not fully farmable toons, but if every toon had at least 1 hard mode node so you could get ~1 shard per day. It'd be 1 year to 7* Old Ben, but (i) it would encourage Chromium sales because you can finish up toons you receive, (ii) it would let people play with characters they like (here's looking at you Leia) and (iii) it would reduce the shame of playing with 7* Chromium exclusives ("did I farm that Old Ben or did I pay $3k on a mobile game?").

    Given the restrictions on energy, you'd probably not be able to do more than 5 or 10 toons over 12 months, and with how fast the meta changes it may not even matter by the time you finish.



  • Can we please not feed trolls.. :/
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Don't know how many people are familiar with Marvel Heroes, but I kind of look at that game as the best Free to Play model. In it, all characters are available to F2P players, however, you have to spend a good amount of time playing the game to be able to unlock them. Those players who pay for the characters get them instantly (plus usually a bonus costume that's just a visual thing).

    With a game such as this where all characters are very important to maintaining balance, having characters locked behind a pay wall can hurt the game. Look at how many players were very upset by the Poe changes? I've seen more than a few threads with people looking to get money back.

    Now, keep in mind I'm not saying give all characters immediately to Free to Play players. Characters should take a significant amount of time to unlock. Enough time that people who really want a character may consider just buying the character.

    For reference, Marvel Heroes, it takes a players 53.33 game hours to be able to earn enough currency to unlock a midtier character (there are three tiers, 200, 400, and 600, currency to unlock characters only drops about every 8 minutes give or take of active playing). So, making the characters equivalent to how long it takes to unlock a 4* Character from Cantina Shipments would be a decent amount of time.
  • Blev08 wrote: »
    Don't know how many people are familiar with Marvel Heroes, but I kind of look at that game as the best Free to Play model. In it, all characters are available to F2P players, however, you have to spend a good amount of time playing the game to be able to unlock them. Those players who pay for the characters get them instantly (plus usually a bonus costume that's just a visual thing).

    With a game such as this where all characters are very important to maintaining balance, having characters locked behind a pay wall can hurt the game. Look at how many players were very upset by the Poe changes? I've seen more than a few threads with people looking to get money back.

    Now, keep in mind I'm not saying give all characters immediately to Free to Play players. Characters should take a significant amount of time to unlock. Enough time that people who really want a character may consider just buying the character.

    For reference, Marvel Heroes, it takes a players 53.33 game hours to be able to earn enough currency to unlock a midtier character (there are three tiers, 200, 400, and 600, currency to unlock characters only drops about every 8 minutes give or take of active playing). So, making the characters equivalent to how long it takes to unlock a 4* Character from Cantina Shipments would be a decent amount of time.

    This is a great post and EA/CG should look at other similar games and draw upon the good features they have. I too agree that having characters behind a pay wall makes the game less appealing and furthermore, kills the longevity as eventually, free players will have all the farmable characters and be trapped eventually, killing the game....
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    All P2W Players would leave imediately.
    They spend hundrets and thousands to get Ben.
    So NO WAY!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    QGJM wrote: »
    All P2W Players would leave imediately.
    They spend hundrets and thousands to get Ben.
    So NO WAY!

    image_zpsyrgoo9xj.jpeg

    This is an obvious troll thread. Not surprised you posted though. Ben will become farmable for f2p.
  • Blev08 wrote: »
    Don't know how many people are familiar with Marvel Heroes, but I kind of look at that game as the best Free to Play model. In it, all characters are available to F2P players, however, you have to spend a good amount of time playing the game to be able to unlock them. Those players who pay for the characters get them instantly (plus usually a bonus costume that's just a visual thing).

    With a game such as this where all characters are very important to maintaining balance, having characters locked behind a pay wall can hurt the game. Look at how many players were very upset by the Poe changes? I've seen more than a few threads with people looking to get money back.

    Now, keep in mind I'm not saying give all characters immediately to Free to Play players. Characters should take a significant amount of time to unlock. Enough time that people who really want a character may consider just buying the character.

    For reference, Marvel Heroes, it takes a players 53.33 game hours to be able to earn enough currency to unlock a midtier character (there are three tiers, 200, 400, and 600, currency to unlock characters only drops about every 8 minutes give or take of active playing). So, making the characters equivalent to how long it takes to unlock a 4* Character from Cantina Shipments would be a decent amount of time.

    Totally agree. Been playing marvel heroes for over a year and because of their f2p model it's the only game I have supported with money.

    They actually make me want to support that game with the way they treat their player base as fellow gamers and not atm machines.

    If a company makes me feel like they want me to be playing their game and not just creating a game to get my money then I enjoy supporting it.

    Been holding out spending money here until I see that they make the game design competitve for all players besides just the whales. Don't want to pay $1000 just to find out I'll never beat someone in arena who spent $3000 or play a game that treats f2p players as nothing more than cannon fodder for p2w people.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    QGJM wrote: »
    All P2W Players would leave imediately.
    They spend hundrets and thousands to get Ben.
    So NO WAY!

    image_zpsyrgoo9xj.jpeg

    This is an obvious troll thread. Not surprised you posted though. Ben will become farmable for f2p.

    B) Must be coming soon ~
Sign In or Register to comment.