Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• Why am I not suprised with yesterday's update that we still are experiencing crashing problems?

Territory battles are coming and crashing will be just the same if not worse.

It's almost as if there is only 2 people working on this game.
  • xBodhix wrote: »
    I am currently trying to finish the Wicket Event and on Tier IV, I will get through the first 2 stages and the screen will come up saying, "Progress 3/4" and the game freezes. The only way to get out of it is to kill the app on my iPhone and restart it, but I have lost my progress and if I try to complete the event again, the same thing happens. Has this happened to anyone else?

Its happened to me on Palpoo event. What I did I hard restarted my phone (took out battery as well)
    On iPhone i think if you press one other button with the power button (i dont know wich exactly) you can get the same result.
    The phone RAM resets and return to the normal crash schedule (only fleet crash)
    It remains good for couple days, then you need to do it over again.

Thank you. I restarted my iPhone, but still no dice. Every time I get to that "Progress 3/4" screen, it locks up. Guess I just won't complete the event.
    xBodhix wrote: »
    I am currently trying to finish the Wicket Event and on Tier IV, I will get through the first 2 stages and the screen will come up saying, "Progress 3/4" and the game freezes. The only way to get out of it is to kill the app on my iPhone and restart it, but I have lost my progress and if I try to complete the event again, the same thing happens. Has this happened to anyone else?

Its happened to me on Palpoo event. What I did I hard restarted my phone (took out battery as well)
    On iPhone i think if you press one other button with the power button (i dont know wich exactly) you can get the same result.

Thank you. I restarted my iPhone, but still no dice. Every time I get to that "Progress 3/4" screen, it locks up. Guess I just won't complete the event.

That really sucks @xBodhix :(
  • RogiWan wrote: »
    So, did the last update fixed those crashes, lags etc?

Nope! If anything, it got worse. I crashed during the Smugglers' event, and then in a T7 Pit Raid. But, I am not surprised... our crashing issue is not even a concern for them, if we use their Bugs Bin's "Bugs Being Investigated" section.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    RogiWan wrote: »
    RogiWan wrote: »
    So, did the last update fixed those crashes, lags etc?

Not at all.
    We hope, but i start being pessimistic about it and think, there is a high chance to stop supporting 2gb RAM devices instead fixing the issue.

I have an Ipad Air (looks like 1 GB RAM DDR3 according to the specs). But it ran fine before and i believe it is a programming issue.

It's definitely a programming issue. Doesn't matter what device you have, if the game was working fine before the 7/3 update, which many were, clearly they messed up something.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • After the update, as I posted elsewhere, I noticed some characters not 'appearing' when you select them (whatever activity), currently Chief Chirpa, Hera, Kanan, Chopper and Krennic are blank portraits when I select them, and freezes up he loading screen if you click battle start with them selected.

Worse still, sometimes if you select Kanan, the game instantly crashes.

Please look into this Devs? Thanks
  • You should all read this reddit post (a dev commented on this issue)
    https://redd.it/6og15p
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    You should all read this reddit post (a dev commented on this issue)
    https://redd.it/6og15p

They are currently investigating but don't have any news at this time...oh god...this doesn't look good.

I knew it was something they did. I might not play on the latest device...but my game worked decent enough before. I mean I have 92 seven star toons...no way I could have gotten that far and spent money if it was my device running like crapp with all the crashing since day one. Bottom line my game ran fine before...they released an update...now it doesn't. This is 100% their fault!!
    xBodhix wrote: »

Have you tried Force Restart?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559
    It is in the second paragraph.
    Power+ volume down button (on iPhone 6s or earlier it is Power + Home button)
    Hold them for 10 secs or till the apple logo shows up.
  • Frequent crashing, at least daily (not counting ships, that's a given), but the loading time is what eats my life force, pun intended...

takes far to long to load in shipments, GW chests, but it depends; sometimes better than others.
    Empire Team with Boba!
  • Because this crashing issue isn't in the bugs bin does this mean it isn't being investigated?

@CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse @EA_MindTricks

I think the players here that spent time and money on this game to support deserves to know!
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Why can't we have an option to set the game on mid or low resolution ?
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Derkus wrote: »
    Why can't we have an option to set the game on mid or low resolution ?

It wouldnt change.
    The issue is with the RAM not with the graphical drivers.
    IMO, the solution would be if the game wouldnt load all the ~150 toon and ship into the RAM.
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    some RAM stats:
    20376108_1949864475291422_548557202919073330_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a716363d142e220ffd077077c5dc5325&oe=59FAAC68
    After a short use, without crash.
    I feel it is a bit much, considering it is almost the third of the maximum RAM.
    Correction: I have only 1gb RAM, not 2 as i mentioned earlier.
    A mobile game shouldnt eat so much RAM.
  • Also, this is the last 24 hours statistics, when I had numerous crashes
    20429599_1949885395289330_4576500839030045960_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e9512cb83d50357fd1d104df074a108a&oe=59FBFD42
  • iPhone 6
    Mobile and wifi

Game crashes during ship battles. Not every time but it is daily. In the top 50 for ships on my shard and every battle counts. Please fix.
  • I started monitoring the RAM of my phone during playing, made some screenshots.
    I will post it to a new thread.
    @EA_Jesse @EA_MindTricks @CG_Kozispoon
    Hope it can help...
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks @First_but_66_Order ! I'll shuttle it up to our team to investigate come monday
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks @First_but_66_Order ! I'll shuttle it up to our team to investigate come monday

Thanks!
    I knew i could count on you. ;)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/123684/crash-issue-what-happens-with-the-ram-during-play#latest
  • I'm really getting fed up with this game. I am using an android system with my data through cricket provider. I have unload and reloaded the game. Still crashes and boots me out at player vs player, shipbattles, now also during raids sometimes at challenges. Does not matter what time of day or day of week. I loose out on ship advancement. I have bought so much crystals and I am thinking about leaving.
  • Anyone seen the new Ewok event? Talk about needless AT-Walker animations. I didn't ask for better animations...I just want my game to run stable enough to play it.

Enough with the animations already...give the players stability!!!
  • Harvz
    24 posts Member
    Today was a good day, ship battles only crashed 3 out of 5 times....
  • Previous Update(7/3) had me downloading 130MB of "assets", whatever those are... likely new graphics. If these keep being loaded on character screens that might explain a few things.

Anyone that spent a large sum on money on this game and can't play it anymore because of these issues should contact Apple/Google to try to get their money back. It might help change the priorities of Dev team. I personally would not spend $1000+ on a game, but I would have been buying the daily gems pack if not for these issues.

Look at the Ewok AT Event... the AT graphics are very detailed, and is 8 battles long. COMPLETELY STABLE ON MY DEVICE. But I can't do 3 GW battles before needing to force restart. Only differance... my characters are not loaded for the AT event.

Please give us the option to only display favorite chars on selection screens, while you try to fix the underling issues. I am sure it would help.
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Need fix, so tired of timeout in arena due to lag ....... 1 move take 30 sec !!! How do you win like that ?
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Previous Update(7/3) had me downloading 130MB of "assets", whatever those are... likely new graphics. If these keep being loaded on character screens that might explain a few things.

Anyone that spent a large sum on money on this game and can't play it anymore because of these issues should contact Apple/Google to try to get their money back. It might help change the priorities of Dev team. I personally would not spend $1000+ on a game, but I would have been buying the daily gems pack if not for these issues.

Look at the Ewok AT Event... the AT graphics are very detailed, and is 8 battles long. COMPLETELY STABLE ON MY DEVICE. But I can't do 3 GW battles before needing to force restart. Only differance... my characters are not loaded for the AT event.

Please give us the option to only display favorite chars on selection screens, while you try to fix the underling issues. I am sure it would help.

+1
    A temporarly solution would be nice as long as the complete fix is in progress.
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    And again, want to throw my phone ... I DL the game on launch week, spent over hundreds $$$ and time and I can't play anymore ? What is this ?

And where is the post where a guy told this is illegal to hold customers ($$$$$$$$) in hostage like that ? I guess he get banned .....
    Post edited by Derkus on
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
    And again, want to throw my phone ... I DL the game on launch week, spent over hundreds $$$ and time and I can't play anymore ? What is this ?

And where is the post where a guy told this is illegal to hold customers ($$$$$$$$) in hostage like that ? I guess he get banned .....

I feel exactly how you do. Spent money, played for over a year and a half, now I can't play on my iPad because of the 6/30 update. I used to spend time in the discussion part of the forums...now I spend time in the bugs and issue part.

It's pretty obvious update 6/30 ruined a lot of players experience on this game with all the complaints being swept into a megathread now.
    Need fix, so tired of timeout in arena due to lag ....... 1 move take 30 sec !!! How do you win like that ?

I feel your pain!
    Also someone else here mentioned the device gets really HOT when playing at times, mine does too. Sometimes I shut off the game just to cool down the phone.
    Empire Team with Boba!
  • same issues. I gave the game 1star on appstore, if they see this in large amounts, they call back the developers from summer vacation...