Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• Hi,

Same crashes like others reported on ship battles on my iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, lost some battles - solution was to use my iPad 3G iOS 9.3.5 for these instead.
    What is worse for me is that at the galactic wars, for more than a month (maybe from the update?) starting with node 6, I only get to fight characters level 82+, tier lvl IX+ (most of the time char lvl 85, tier X or even XI). I am lvl 77 at the moment, but this happens since I was 65 or so. I have won 827 gw battles a.t.m., but only finished 11 (eleven) complete gws, all of those 11 being won more than a month ago. Statistics say this is not possible, so I belive this is some sort of bug. I have many days that I cannot get more than 200 gw credits because of an lvl 85 tier XI waits at node 6 and this is a serious drawback.
    I have a full jedi arena team, all toons lvl 77 tier lvl IX and one tier lvl X (maxed for the current level). Today I finished 178th at the Arena Squad and 20th at the Arena Fleet.
    Nick name is SubZer0 and id no. 811-532-972.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.
    There is no light side, nor dark side. There's only the Force and its absolute power that corrupts absolutely. It's only a matter of time.
  • Ellessedil
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Today i got an update for https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview
    and swgoh became unplayable. I resetted the APP and didnt install any update for this app and afterwards the game runs smothly. I won two Fleet battles in a row without crash and lags.
    Also my device didnt get so hot.
    I think that could be a hint!
  • Ellessedil wrote: »
    Today i got an update for https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview
    and swgoh became unplayable. I resetted the APP and didnt install any update for this app and afterwards the game runs smothly. I won two Fleet battles in a row without crash and lags.
    Also my device didnt get so hot.
    I think that could be a hint!

I dont even have this app. It says 'not compatible'
    Thanks for the hint though
  • Ellessedil
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hmm, update.
    The crashes in fleet are back. But my phone dont get so hot anymore and in the rest of the game it runs much better
    Post edited by Ellessedil on
  • Frol
    4 posts Member
    Game always crushed on ship arenas :( IPhone 4s iOS 9.3.5 Nick - Frol - ID - 658-667-218
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @SubZer0
    I think GW is now based on the new power rankings. Sense Rex-Chaze GK squads do not have zetas they would have low power rankings, but are very very strong. Compare the total power of your top 5 toons to the total power of the squad as you progress you in GW you face squad with higher power then your top 5.

Right now I have stopped activating chars because I believe a larger roster would just add to my problems. I had been working on getting Finn to 7Star for a resistance AAT team, but won't promote him because Raids are very unstable already.

The activity on my Arena Shard has really gone downhill. There used to be 2 other players in my timezone that I competed with for the top spot, both have gone inactive. Good for me I guess, but really a bad sign.

Has anyone tried removing mods from chars they do not use... Would that reduce the memory load?
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    @Achilles I didn't know you're having problems too, brother.
    @Carth_Onassi1973 Hello ... its only 1 battle per day ... i fixed it for me by SIMing ... now, i just need to hope, they fix it before i run out of SIMs ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Ellessedil wrote: »
    Hmm, update.
    The crashes in fleet are back. But my phone dont get so hot anymore and in the rest of the game it runs much better

Then you just ceared your RAM.
    It will remain ok as long as you do it frequently.
    This is the only way to minimalize the crashes
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    @SubZer0
    I think GW is now based on the new power rankings. Sense Rex-Chaze GK squads do not have zetas they would have low power rankings, but are very very strong. Compare the total power of your top 5 toons to the total power of the squad as you progress you in GW you face squad with higher power then your top 5.

Right now I have stopped activating chars because I believe a larger roster would just add to my problems. I had been working on getting Finn to 7Star for a resistance AAT team, but won't promote him because Raids are very unstable already.

The activity on my Arena Shard has really gone downhill. There used to be 2 other players in my timezone that I competed with for the top spot, both have gone inactive. Good for me I guess, but really a bad sign.

Has anyone tried removing mods from chars they do not use... Would that reduce the memory load?

Havent tried, but dont think so.
  • Ellessedil
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Ellessedil wrote: »
    Hmm, update.

Then you just ceared your RAM.
    It will remain ok as long as you do it frequently.
    This is the only way to minimalize the crashes

Maybe, but now i have the state before this tricky update. The game now runs stable but the Fleet battles.
    I support the char selection suggestions. Move the char selection in a tab behind the New squad selection
  • nivbp7
    17 posts Member
    ok, so here are my issues:
    1. For a very long time I had the game freeze after answering a phone call, once the phone call ended. I "solved" that by not answering anyone when I'm playing (ya, I know, I'm rude).
    2. For about a month, my ship battles are VERY slow.
    3. Today I had to most annoying experience - I was in an arena battle. I received a mail notification, I pressed to see the content (by mistake) and when I dismissed it, the game froze.

I use an iPhone 5S, iOS 10.3.2. Mostly use 3G but sometimes wifi.
    I did not uninstall, but I will try it

@CG_NotReallyAJedi , I'm an iOS developer, so if you need any logs from Xcode or Console, I will be happy to help.

@SubZer0

Vice I can tell you first hand that removing mods didn't help. Long ago I ran out of mod inventory space so I started leveling random toons to level 50 to equip mods to make more room. About 2 months ago I went through all my mods, removed them and sold everything that was useless and I still crash like a maniac.

I don't think mods are a problem as much as toons are though...reason I say this is because I play on 2 separate accounts. My main has every toon unlocked and as of later today I'll have 93 toons 7*. This is my main account and the crashes are really bad. So bad infact I crash while simming 600 energy in light and Darkside battles.

Now my other account is free to play. I only have 40 something toons at 7* and many still to unlock and that account does crash but not nearly as often as my main. I can get away with simming 600 energy, leveling up a mod, buying a few shipments and maybe doing one other daily before it crashes.

It's definitly seems like a RAM problem, but it also seems the more I have on my account maxed and unlocked also contribute to an unstable game experience. My game crashed here and there before the last update. But at least I was able to do arena battles and Galatic wars. Now like I said I'll crash at least 10-15 times before I get all my dailies turned in to receive all my daily rewards.

Really annoyed about this....I'm even more annoyed the devs ain't saying or doing nothing either. I'm starting to believe they don't care and ain't planning on a fix either. It's been over a month since the 6/30 update and the only things the devs done was make a mega thread and said to be patient.
  • Removing mods did seem to work for me. GW used to crash after finishing 2-3 battles... After reset today I did the first 8 nodes before it crashed...
  • Achilles wrote: »
    @Achilles I didn't know you're having problems too, brother.
    @Carth_Onassi1973 Hello ... its only 1 battle per day ... i fixed it for me by SIMing ... now, i just need to hope, they fix it before i run out of SIMs ...

(Crossing fingers) @Achilles

• nivbp7 wrote: »
    ok, so here are my issues:
    1. For a very long time I had the game freeze after answering a phone call, once the phone call ended. I "solved" that by not answering anyone when I'm playing (ya, I know, I'm rude).
    2. For about a month, my ship battles are VERY slow.
    3. Today I had to most annoying experience - I was in an arena battle. I received a mail notification, I pressed to see the content (by mistake) and when I dismissed it, the game froze.

I use an iPhone 5S, iOS 10.3.2. Mostly use 3G but sometimes wifi.
    I did not uninstall, but I will try it

@CG_NotReallyAJedi , I'm an iOS developer, so if you need any logs from Xcode or Console, I will be happy to help.

It is mostly a RAM issue, I would really appreciate if you could send me @First_but_66_Order in pm
    or post here some of the statistics here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/123684/crash-issue-what-happens-with-the-ram-during-play#latest

I was told by Kozi, that they will look into it, (I trust him they will).
    I know the dev team also runs tests, but what we can provide, is how the game works on the field.

That doesn't make any sense, nor does it seems to be fair. I need certain toons for certain lvls to finish a gw or not to develop those I play with?! Definitely not fair.
    Vice_torn wrote: »

Now THAT makes a lot of sense for me because same thing happens around myself at the arena. Definitely a bad sign. :smile:

Anyway, thank you kindly for your answer, Vice_torn!

Cheers!
    There is no light side, nor dark side. There's only the Force and its absolute power that corrupts absolutely. It's only a matter of time.
  • Day 35............still waiting on any real response on this. I mean "we are looking into it" only goes so far. This is just **** poor customer service.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I read a few days ago they fixed a bug with enemy shadows not appearing in At-St. I was like..really??
    Enemy shadows are that important?

So much for the crashing we've all experienced for over a month now. I'm beginning to think we all don't really matter that much. Another week of nothing being done. Very dissappointed.

I'm just gonna break down and buy me a new device cause I've spent a lot of time and money on this game so far....but to say I'm gonna continue to support this financially....i don't know...maybe a little.....but I'm not gonna spend nearly as much as I have before. I'm gonna think long and hard before I do that.

This whole crashing issue has left me really bitter and upset and I feel that players like myself that have had to deal with the lack of fixing this issue all have every right to feel annoyed right now.

I'm not gonna forget this any time soon.
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    I read a few days ago they fixed a bug with enemy shadows not appearing in At-St. I was like..really??
    Enemy shadows are that important?

So much for the crashing we've all experienced for over a month now. I'm beginning to think we all don't really matter that much. Another week of nothing being done. Very dissappointed.

I'm just gonna break down and buy me a new device cause I've spent a lot of time and money on this game so far....but to say I'm gonna continue to support this financially....i don't know...maybe a little.....but I'm not gonna spend nearly as much as I have before. I'm gonna think long and hard before I do that.

This whole crashing issue has left me really bitter and upset and I feel that players like myself that have had to deal with the lack of fixing this issue all have every right to feel annoyed right now.

I'm not gonna forget this any time soon.

Same thought ...
    Srsly dev ? We need to buy a new device just to play like it was 1 month ago ? A new device is between 200 - 800 more or less ... That's a salty addition for a bug
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • After last update i cant connect to game, no matter what. I trier restarting phone, reinstaling game, nothing works.
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    And they say they are aware of the problem lol
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Every time a ******* draw due to lag !! Sometime at the start, sometime at the end but in real min I can play 3m ... huuuuuuu plz fix this
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • ...On lvl 80 so I may ride this out to 85 but by month's end, I hope to see this fixed- if not sooner. When the extensive loading time happens all I can think is that there is so many better things I can do with my time rather than watching the load or lag. Would so much rather be simply PLAYING the game.
    Empire Team with Boba!
  • I'm not gonna complain about the game crashing anymore. I've made at least some 50 or more posts and comments. I feel as if this issue should be priority number 1....instead a recent bug fix was enemy shadows not appearing on the At-St event.

I priced some iPhones and I'm looking at about $250 bucks for a 32GB 4G iPhone 6 that should be able to handle this game and any future updates. That's money I could have spent in this game instead now it's going on a new device and won't be spending on the game.

Good luck with the crashing everyone. I am simply sick and tired of complaining about this and nothing being done. I'm better off just taking the money I normally spend a month on this game and saving it instead so I can purchase a new device. I will not forget what this update did and how it made my iPad 2 obsolete. I'm feeling quite bitter and annoyed with the people who are making the decisions on this game at the moment.

• First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon
    You know, it really damages the trust towards the dev team, that there have been no progress (at least we dont know about any) for 10 months.
    Please give us a status report on the crash issue progression.
    Thank you in advance.

• If the enemy attacks first in arena that's it - A good minute is lost until the graphics load and it's finally my turn. :Inevitable draw:

The shadows fix, while silly, was probably a very easy one to address. It's understandable that they can fix the lowest hanging fruit first but what is the real problem with the current update? I think the one poster is right that it is a server issue. This shouldn't take this long though. I am not deleting mods, upgrading my device or clearing RAM. I shouldn't have to. This isn't some rinky **** app from some rinky **** developer or home coder. This is Star Wars. This is EA. I am concerned on behalf of myself, all those here on the forums, and all those reading but not posting their similar gripes.
    Empire Team with Boba!
  • If i have gotten 1$ for each time Heroes crashed, I would have more than 1000$ now...
    #uselessfact
  • If i have gotten 1$ for each time Heroes crashed, I would have more than 1000$ now...
    #uselessfact

You bring up a very good and interesting point actually. What ever happened to a crystal drop for being "inconvenienced" like they did when some users were unable to log in unless on wifi that one day back in May? Devs how about a nice big crystal drop in the inbox for all our crashes, please?

Empire Team with Boba!
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    BusHowser wrote: »
    If i have gotten 1$ for each time Heroes crashed, I would have more than 1000$ now...
    #uselessfact

You bring up a very good and interesting point actually. What ever happened to a crystal drop for being "inconvenienced" like they did when some users were unable to log in unless on wifi that one day back in May? Devs how about a nice big crystal drop in the inbox for all our crashes, please?

On the value of $1000?
    I m in! ;)
    For that many crystals I would even stop complaining!
    ...For a while
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Territory Battles are coming, prepare yourselves to more crashes...