Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• Dagon wrote: »
    Territory Battles are coming, prepare yourselves to more crashes...

Actually, I don't think I'll even wait for TB. If this thing isn't properly addressed until the end of the week, I'll just be:
    1- logging into the game
    2- saying goodbye to my guildies
    3- leaving my guild, to open up my spot
    4- exiting the game
    5- uninstalling

I have better things to do than waste my time with badly-coded software. I love Star Wars, but I don't love anything that much to make me waste my precious time with easily-avoidable software crashes.

I've already put my 1-star review on Google Play. Unfortunately, the game has too many fake reviews for this 1-star to be effective.
    I think it speaks volumes that we hear nothing about this, and that the game has to resort to fake reviews to be well placed in the Google Play store. Oh well.
  • I doubt they'll ever fix it. Not after this long. And with no response. I'm sure after territory battles the game won't even start. And yes, we should all get a ton of crystals for all those crashes. Not to mention our arena rank dropping cause the game crashes every time! I'm very disappointed with you devs. I expected better from EA
  • Given what posts keep getting responded too... not likely this will ever get fixed. As an ISO user I find the DEVs seem focused on Android Devices, But Android Devices with lower memory also have these issues....

The cheapest solution would be to buy a new mid-range Android Device (2MB of memory or more), and you should be fine. At least you can switch platforms now... Also if you run the game via Android you can use Bluestacks on a desktop, which might be stable.

The extreme memory requirements of this game is caused by BAD programing, and not just to much graphics, but an easy fix would have been options reduce the graphics... i.e. No Shadows, No unnecessary videos of pilots, lower graphics resolution...

The Entire game is suppose to be a 50MB download... Then we end up downloading 150MB of assets and other stuff... so thats 200MB... why is the game using up 500MB of Ram?

Last time I tried to Uninstall and Install the game I had to restart the game 10 times before it finished as it would download part of the update and crash... I have a friend with a faster internet, I might try it has his place...
  • I installed bluestacks and made an android account on there. Then I contacted EA help and put in a request to get my ios account moved to my new android account. I don't know how long this takes (been 2 days now) but until I decide what device to get next this is how I'll play. I already planned to move to android when I get a new device anyway so this was an easy decision.
  • Horrible replies from tech support

They don't care and are doing nothing to fix the issue. As a matter they have continued to release new graphics that make it impossible to play on certain older devices. This is well outside our software agreement.

Since tech support could not give me a list of supported devices or recommended devices and "sell items playable in game" there could defiantly be some legal issues soon.
  • I said I wouldnt come back here and complain about the crashing...but heck..I like this game too much to just leave this alone.

I've played many games in the past 30 years. In 2001 I started playing online games. From first person shooters to mmorpgs. And in that time I've never seen a crashing issue like this...and for it to go for over a month now, with no word from the devs if it's gonna be fixed or not is insane.

I hate to say it guys...but I think they merge all the crashing posts into one just like they did with Galatic wars and I have a feeling the devs aren't saying anything and just are waiting for people to just stop complaining or either just buy new devices or quit the game.

Whatever they did on their server side on update 6/30 isn't affecting the majority of the game community so they ain't gonna focus on fixing it anytime soon if ever.

Since update 6/30 we've had other updates with new events like At-St and now Luke's journey. It's obvious despite our complaints the devs are moving forward and not going back. They are more focused on new events(to make more money) than to fix something us minority players are having. Which is really upsetting...considering the game played fine before update 6/30, the time we've played and the money in the past we've spent.

We have 2 choices....buy new devices or quit the game. I'm buying a new device soon..and I will not soon forget how this update made my iPad 2 obsolete. This will definitly affect my future purchase decisions on swgoh.
  • Would be nice to get some feedback.... Sadly I can post my true feelings on the matter without violating the TOS and getting my post edited/deleted.
  • Yup. They don't plan on fixing it. It's been too long now. This situation won't just affect my decisions about this game but every other game from them.
  • I think we all should open service Tickets. Maybe they think about it when a great number opens tickets... And we should adjust our ranking in the stores(IOS and Android)
  • Devs are active on forums but not on this thread, even on reddit we got more attention ... Maybe we need to post in each of their threads

"Hi, Go see Smithie-d video on YT !!!"
    ---> "Fix your game, fix your game !!!"
    No ? Haha i'm going mad
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Would be nice to get some feedback.... Sadly I can post my true feelings on the matter without violating the TOS and getting my post edited/deleted.

Seen that happen to someone here already. It's ok to be ignored, but calling someone amateurs can get people banned. I seen it happen to the truth guy.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Well it took 9 days but they finally got my account transferred to an android account. At least now I'm able to play it on my pc and actually do ship battles and light side tier 9 after almost 45 days of being screwed.
  • Shouldn't a mobile game be playable mobile or what's the purpose?
  • Lego5 wrote: »
    Shouldn't a mobile game be playable mobile or what's the purpose?

The purpose is to make money...

If your to cheap to buy the latest device, then your likely also to cheap to spend money on game items, so no big loss to EA.

I am still debating switching over to PC.... But I do prefer using mobile if I can.
  • Well I can still play on my IOS device as well as through the android account. It syncs to both. I do the things that crash my IOS device on the pc and for simple things I can still do those on the mobile device.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Fumanchu wrote: »
    Well I can still play on my IOS device as well as through the android account. It syncs to both. I do the things that crash my IOS device on the pc and for simple things I can still do those on the mobile device.

I use to do the same thing as well. Before update 6/30 I could do everything but fleet arena on my iPad. For fleets I was using my daughters iPhone. But now After update 6/30 I can't even collect energy and use 600/600 before my tablet. I strictly only can play on a phone now. It sucks cause I was use to a bigger screen but atleast I can still play.

I'm still in awe that this crashing issue hasn't been fixed yet. I lost hope long ago and just figured if it wasn't fixed by now then it never will:( which is probably why not many people are not posting on this thread like they were weeks ago. Either they just gave up and quit or bought new devices.
  • Fumanchu wrote: »
    Well I can still play on my IOS device as well as through the android account. It syncs to both. I do the things that crash my IOS device on the pc and for simple things I can still do those on the mobile device.

Wait, you can use both IOS and Android on the same account... I thought it was one or the other...
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Fumanchu wrote: »

Wait, you can use both IOS and Android on the same account... I thought it was one or the other...

No. If you make an account on the other OS than what you've been using you can open a ticket with EA help. You should have both devices logged into gamecenter(ios) and the playstore(android). Then you just give them your player ID for both devices and tell them you want your existing account transferred to the other platform. Once they finally get around to processing it they'll overwrite the new account with your existing data. I can do ship battles and the tier 9 battles on my pc and then get on my IOS device 2 minutes later. It keeps the data synced between both in real time. I have to say I actually prefer playing on the PC though because I can get all the daily stuff done in like half the time as I was able on my IOS device. Between the crashes and the lag and it taking 2 minutes for GW nodes to open up.

• The problem is not a 'Freeze Issue'
    Not even close.
    It is the 'Misguidence of Customers'
    They made the game available for 1GB RAM devices and it requires more than that.
    The legal practice in this case is to cease the support on the critical devices. (Which the EA maintains its right for, ceasing any online content/support on any products, 30 days after informing the customers.)
    Hey all,

We are aware of the crashes and we are working on fixes. Please be patient.

giphy.gif
    July 18

Dear @CG_NotReallyAJedi , How much longer??
    How much longer do we need to wait for a message like:
    'Due to the constant Issues, we are unable to maintain the game for devices with lower than 2GB RAM. Please, make sure you are signed in bla bla bla...'

Do or do not.
    Do not try to deceive us.
    Be bold, dare, and go on.
    Should not be that hard after ignoring us for so long.

And also, If CG/EA(henceforth 'You') abandon us, I would like to remind You what Kozi promised in the early times:
    I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues. Our team has a fix to resolve this, but it may be some time before this is finalized for client release. We appreciate your patience while this is handled.
    (January 19 https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/76360/game-crashed-during-loading-2nd-and-last-challenge-battle-during-tutorial)

You owe us that crash issue solving magic client.
    If it was just a communication mistake (That is what I believe after 269 days), then You owe us a complete apology for the misunderstanding and a satisfying compensation to accomodate the unsatisfied customers.
    (I am sure You dont lack the affected players Ally Code...)

As long as this 'Issue' is not 'Fixed' (and I am not referring to the crash issue here), You do not have our trust.

Trust is the basic of any fruitful business partnership.
    Not even close.
    They made the game available for 1GB RAM devices and it requires more than that.
    The legal practice in this case is to cease the support on the critical devices. (Which the EA maintains its right for, ceasing any online content/support on any products, 30 days after informing the customers.)
    Hey all,

giphy.gif
    July 18

'Due to the constant Issues, we are unable to maintain the game for devices with lower than 2GB RAM. Please, make sure you are signed in bla bla bla...'

Do or do not.

And also, If CG/EA(henceforth 'You') abandon us, I would like to remind You what Kozi promised in the early times:
    I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues. Our team has a fix to resolve this, but it may be some time before this is finalized for client release. We appreciate your patience while this is handled.
    (January 19 https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/76360/game-crashed-during-loading-2nd-and-last-challenge-battle-during-tutorial)

If it was just a communication mistake (That is what I believe after 269 days), then You owe us a complete apology for the misunderstanding and a satisfying compensation to accomodate the unsatisfied customers.

As long as this 'Issue' is not 'Fixed' (and I am not referring to the crash issue here), You do not have our trust.

+1
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
    Not even close.
    Hey all,

giphy.gif
    July 18

Do or do not.

+1
  • iPhone 6S Plus
    iOS 10.3.3

While on a cantina battle using auto attack and 4x speed multiplier, it happens that after completing one phase before the next phase starts, the screen goes black and nothing happens, even after 5 minutes. The spent cantina energy is lost and you won't get any reward. The only way is to close the app. This is really annoying as it happens multiple times a day.
  • I have been playing with an iPad Mini for over a year... Up until Christmas everything worked just fine. Other then the fact that I could only complete one ship battle without restarting...

Things have gotten progressively worse with each new update. It is annoying that BUGs regarding shadows or light saber colours get an instant response... But this thread gets ignored...

It should be very easy to create a game mode that uses less memory:
    -no shadows (a common option in most games)
    -basic character stance only (i.e. toon does does change stance if stunned or wounded... can still tell if stunned by icon.)
    -no pilot videos.
    -show (and load) only Favorite characters in selection screens.

BUT nothing is done
  • Any update @CG_Kozispoon @CG_JohnSalera @CG_NotReallyAJedi? Because otherwise I'm selling my iPad, and I'd like to know before the value depreciates too much. Thank you.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I come here from time to time and look at this thread to see if a dev has responded...and yet I remain disappointed.

It doesn't take more than a minute to respond. Say anything. We are working on it, have not yet found out the problem, our devices are outdated due to the recent update...I don't know something.

Anything is better than to just be ignored.

To see so many devs respond to other issues yet this thread remains ignored is really bad business. I can't imagine any other company doing this and getting away with it...be it another game company or your neighborly A/C repair man.

I think the folks here in this thread have been more than patient and have dealt with this in quite an adult manner. I'd love to let the expletives go and vent my frustrations but really what good would that do?

Just gives us an anwser already..
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Day 270
    Sun is shining, Heroes is crashing...
    It crashed when I wanted to buy some crystals, (before transaction).
    It seems I dont buy anything today.
    This time crashing saved some money for me.
    Have a nice day everyone!
    Post edited by First_but_66_Order on
  • Funny to me the devs respond to every single little issue someone has if it doesn't involve the word "crashing".

Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Day 271
    The game crashed in 10 min.
    Post edited by First_but_66_Order on
  • I've set a goal to 7-star GK (3 raids to go), and I'm treating that as a hard deadline... if by that point the crashes are still happening, I'm out. In the meantime, I have stopped putting any money into this game, and I stopped putting in the time to max out Galactic War and Arena. It's just not worth it anymore.