Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• I am having the same problem of JediMindTricks. IPAD 2, IOS v 9.3.5. Ally Code 595-862-688. Can someone from EA / Disney help us ?
  • Edward_CWB wrote: »
    I am having the same problem of JediMindTricks. IPAD 2, IOS v 9.3.5. Ally Code 595-862-688. Can someone from EA / Disney help us ?

A dev finally responded to me. Despite playing this game for over a year and a half, spending a good amount of money and never crashing before on my ipad2 iOS 9.3.5 device their response was ....

I have a low spec device. So basically if I want to continue playing this game I need a new device..even though the swgoh app description says it supports iPhone, iPad and iPod.

They could have told me all this sooner before I spent all this time and money on the game.
  • EsCu_TM
    44 posts Member
    It's the same thing with pc games...if you want to play newer titles you need a new graphics card...proccessor etc...That's the game industry today :)
  • Vedd
    62 posts Member
    Any update on this? I am still stuck on loading screen and cant launch the game
  • Vedd
    62 posts Member
    Iphone 6 here ios 10 and same problem. Lame excuse they gave you.
  • Vedd
    62 posts Member
    @EA_MindTricks anything official on this? We wasted 24h of energy and shipments not to mention 21 day crystal purchase
  • EsCu_TM wrote: »
    It's the same thing with pc games...if you want to play newer titles you need a new graphics card...proccessor etc...That's the game industry today :)

I agree with you. I've been gaming for years. My main source of gaming pleasure for years has always been playing on PC. It started with World of Warcraft for 5 years. Elder Scrolls online for 2 years. And my all time favorite game Star Wars the Old Republic, which I still play going on 4 years.

But this is the problem I have with this game..when I started playing this game back in December of 2015 my current device (Ipad2 iOS version 9.3.5) worked like a well oiled machine. It never lagged out and never crashed. I started playing everyday and really began liking this game so much to the point that's I started spending money.

Fast forward a year later to when ships were released and I noticed a huge difference in an unstable gaming experience. Everytime I entered a ship battle I would crash. Although I was able to play everything else on this game but not ships I countinued to play daily and would spend money here and there every month. I made numerous posts complaining about this and the devs ignored it. I got in touch with customer service and what I got in return was crickets.

Fast forward again to the latest update which was this last Friday and now no matter what I do..whether it is character arena, ship arena, Galatic wars or even something as simple as simming tickets between light and Darkside battles my iPad crashes. Simming tickets doesn't require new graphics cards or anything that should put strain on my device. This new update is simply horrible and bad coding that is 100% blame upon the developers.

Point being..this game worked fine before, now it doesn't and all of the sudden it's my device? My device has always been the same...it's the coding in the developers side that has changed. I can understand needing a better device to play newer more graphic driven games..but in all honesty..swgoh doesn't have the most realistic graphics as compared to other mobile game titles.

I will eventually get me a new device, and I'm sure I will continue to play this game..but this has left me with the most displeased gaming experience I have ever had in my 20 something years of gaming.
    I will never again spend a single dollar and support them financially, which is something I have been doing for over a year and a half now.

• JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Vedd wrote: »
    Iphone 6 here ios 10 and same problem. Lame excuse they gave you.

I thought it was a lame excuse as well. If a iPad 2 spec device is too low for this game..one would think they would have mentioned it in the swgoh description in the App Store...but nope no mention of it.

Basically it says this game supports iPad,iPhone and iPod...yet my iPad is "too low of a spec device".

I couldn't even ask him why wasn't my device too low of a spec back a year ago when it ran fine before all these new updates caused me problems, but they closed the case before I could even respond.

Edit: I just went to the App Store and read a bunch of comments from June 30th and there are a ton of people complaining about the latest update and how their game crashes and is unplayable. If the devs don't look into this they are gonna have a lot more of unhappy customers like myself.

#NewDeviceOrBadCodingYouBeTheJudge
  • I am having the exact same issue but I play on a I phone 7 plus with version 10.3.2. There is no newer I phone I could even buy. @CG_Kozispoon please help
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    EsCu_TM wrote: »

I agree with you. I've been gaming for years. My main source of gaming pleasure for years has always been playing on PC. It started with World of Warcraft for 5 years. Elder Scrolls online for 2 years. And my all time favorite game Star Wars the Old Republic, which I still play going on 4 years.

But this is the problem I have with this game..when I started playing this game back in December of 2015 my current device (Ipad2 iOS version 9.3.5) worked like a well oiled machine. It never lagged out and never crashed. I started playing everyday and really began liking this game so much to the point that's I started spending money.

Fast forward a year later to when ships were released and I noticed a huge difference in an unstable gaming experience. Everytime I entered a ship battle I would crash. Although I was able to play everything else on this game but not ships I countinued to play daily and would spend money here and there every month. I made numerous posts complaining about this and the devs ignored it. I got in touch with customer service and what I got in return was crickets.

Fast forward again to the latest update which was this last Friday and now no matter what I do..whether it is character arena, ship arena, Galatic wars or even something as simple as simming tickets between light and Darkside battles my iPad crashes. Simming tickets doesn't require new graphics cards or anything that should put strain on my device. This new update is simply horrible and bad coding that is 100% blame upon the developers.

Point being..this game worked fine before, now it doesn't and all of the sudden it's my device? My device has always been the same...it's the coding in the developers side that has changed. I can understand needing a better device to play newer more graphic driven games..but in all honesty..swgoh doesn't have the most realistic graphics as compared to other mobile game titles.

I will eventually get me a new device, and I'm sure I will continue to play this game..but this has left me with the most displeased gaming experience I have ever had in my 20 something years of gaming.
    I will never again spend a single dollar and support them financially, which is something I have been doing for over a year and a half now.

JediMindTricks we said it all it's really about the coding and managing the game memory
  • Please try to reinstall the game using Wi-Fi and leave it to download all assets before playing. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.
  • Vedd
    62 posts Member
    It doesnt work. Game keeps crashing while trying to download 0/10mb update. This patch is completely messed up. I am out of game for 2 days now. @EA_MindTricks. Iphone 6 and ios 10 here
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Today I played 1hour, the game crashed twice.
    Please do something, this bug ruins the game for me.
    It seems it is a wider issue i imagined, i tried to make a screenshot of the message, but it never got saved to phone memory, so i made a screenshot about the saving in progress. Some of the most important parts can be seen.
    19260717_1937408076537062_4599866223771547207_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=ab9b9c867e1b5433fbd2d57a9a020c38&oe=5A0DB5E3
    It means word by word:
    'HEROES has problem with Google Play-Services. If the problem remains contact the developers'
    (It was at the beginning of a fleet battle right after i cleared the TAC gear challenge manually.)
    So did I, what else can I do?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Vedd
    62 posts Member
    Why someone cant just admit u messed up badl with this update. It was done in a rush to push it thru before holiday and it messed up game for numerous people. And your solution is to reinstall the game after 1gb download? Is this your technical expert advice? It simply doesnt work! I cant play for two days and if i cant get access to content i was paying for i ll just withdraw all crystal purchases thru apple support.

@CG_Kozispoon @EA_MindTricks @EA_Jesse
  • Same issues....
    no matter how good connectivity is still wants to restart....
    No matter if only app open, still won't load...
    No matter if iPhone software is updated, still won't load, wants to restart....
    Please let me know when EA will be helpful with this KNOWN issue and when we will be able to play again.
    Thanks in advance for the help
  • I have had the same issue as well. I play on an iPhone 7 plus with IOS 10. I tried reinstalling the game and it didn't work. Please help!
  • Hi, i had a similiar problem months ago and since the update it went worse.
    The game now crashes more often...
    Im playing on a Motorola g2, Android 6 and my suggestion is, that the RAM is top small for the more complex game.
    Before the Update i had crashes mostly in the fleet Battles and sometimes after a longer Play. But now the Game crashes even in simple Battles...
    My Ally Code is: 859 479 527.

Two days ago i resetted my Phone - but the issue stays...
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Can we expect a patch or something ?
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Ellessedil wrote: »
    Hi, i had a similiar problem months ago and since the update it went worse.
    The game now crashes more often...
    Im playing on a Motorola g2, Android 6 and my suggestion is, that the RAM is top small for the more complex game.
    Before the Update i had crashes mostly in the fleet Battles and sometimes after a longer Play. But now the Game crashes even in simple Battles...
    My Ally Code is: 859 479 527.

Two days ago i resetted my Phone - but the issue stays...

I thought the same for long time.
    But i always have more than enough RAM/ cach remaining. I also have problems with the chat, my generic LG keyboard doesnt work properly (it keep exiting, posting random half words).
    I have LG L Fino.
    I have played games with higher requirements without any flaw.
    I have never experienced anything like that. Not even a singel game crash.
    This is strictly HEROES specific.
    I have deleted and reinstalled the game and/or the game data numerous times, and it keep getting worse with each update.
    One more thing, I am using Swedish Google Play service, and i heared that it differs in some ways to the basic Play.
    (And i cant find some of other Google Play accounts as well which can be found on other regional accounts.
    This somewhat firms the statement)
    So, i currently think it is a Swedish only issue rather than ram
  • Ellessedil
    16 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Im from Germany and i also have problems with the Keyboard. Sometimes the Keyboard doesnt show when it should.
    I think that it is RAM because the Game crashes not so often when it is fresh started... But this is only my suggestion
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Ellessedil wrote: »
    Im from Germany and i also have problems with the Keyboard. Sometimes the Keyboard doesnt show when it should.
    I think that it is RAM because the Game crashes not so often when it is fresh started... But this is only my suggestion

guaranteed crash if you start the second fleet arena/challenge.
    or three battles in a row.
    if it is ram, then i dont get why do the game need everything loaded into RAM still being in the RAM.
    please let it possible to let the unnecesery data be thrown out of the ram. All gameplay is on the device anyways.
    I find it mysterious why the game needs everithing loaded into the RAM then. I always have cleaned cach and ram before i play.
  • +1 to all
  • I think it is RAM because i think the Game crashes trying to contact Google Play games Services. Sometimes the Google Play game Service Splash Screen Shows Up and then the Game crashes.
    I connected swgoh with Google Play game Service for saving my Progress
  • There are lots of bugs being reported as a result of the recent updates, when are these going to be addressed?

Ship battles hard crashing every time is a very serious issue. Every single battle has crashed for me on three different devices. This has been a long time issue but has never completely gone bad like this

It was reported that gw would not be affected but it was with the first release. Many have complained and reported the same - facing impossible teams and gw is currently unbeatable

Bug on Sunday - had several players in guild complaining about no shard drops in cantina- I tried and no drops for me either. About a total of 1000 crystals without a single shard drop

These are very serious software bugs - do you think we care about ewoks

The hard crashes in ships is the reason why we have no new content. How could they release new ship battles until they fix what they have
  • Same problem same Google play message
  • Lets hope they are working on it...
  • Seems like the new update takes more RAM from our devices in order to play. I crash just simming tickets between light and dark side battles.

I hate this update. I have almost 90-7* characters and a year and a half of playing going down the drain. By far this is the worst gaming experience I have ever encountered.
  • I can understand ships crashing because of low end devices needing more RAM.

But what about sim tickets? I've simmed thousands of battles in the past with no problems. All of a sudden with a update you developers released I'm crashing just to provide my guild with 600 raid tickets a day.

Seriously I go to Darkside battle, spend energy, then crash. Log back in spend more energy, crash. Rinse and repeat process since last Friday after I was "Forced" to update the game.

I could care less about some stupid Ewok packs, just check into what is making all us IOS users crash so much after this last update that "You" developers release!
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I read a lot of crashing complaints since Friday's update. Most complaints are coming from IOS people.
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    +1
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5