Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• @Trevor1996 sorry brother. If it's any consolation, three ship battles crashed yesterday after I did that, so yes, while I thought it was a fix, unfortunately it was not.

Back to the drawing board.
  • Another thing I just noticed

In ships, the gauntlet Starfighter.

If you look at it side on, it clearly has 2 sets of rear circular shaped lights on either side of it's wings (they are bright pink).

If you spin the ship around and look at it directly from behind, the 2 circular shaped lights morph into big blocky rectangles, also colored bright pink.

Not a huge problem, but a glitch/bug nonetheless
  • Still crashing 100% of the time in P2 HAAT with my Jawa-Droids team that used to be my bread and butter. My guild has enough firepower to carry me, but it's so frustrating because this used to be a non-issue before the huge update. I'll probably give you guys a bit more time to figure this out, but this is starting to be not worth it.
  • Diddybvy
    159 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    The game is crashing a lot more. AAT raid, galactic war, rancor. But the worst is fleet battles. After 1 minute in (or less) , the game always crashes. I haven't been able to do 1 fleet battle since that update.
    I play on IOS.
  • DoctorFoolari
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Running a game on both iOS and Android, IOS used to crash on fleet arena occasionally, now it'seems every battle and has started to do it in GW too which is infuriating. Game is overal slower too.

Android has had the odd crash with fleet arena, but nothing major otherwise.

Have been using wifi for both as I am travelling at the moment.
    I will try the uninstall/ reinstall thing and see how I go.
  • miramanee
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    same problems like JediMindTricks

game crashes all the Time it is not possible to play any more, before the update i could not play fleet i thought the reason was my IPAD2

9.3.5 /13G36)

i hope the will fix that or give us the opportunity to play it also on PC and not only on 1 device

PS: i tried all i installed it new, have only this game on it, my WLAN is perfect
  • I don't know, we may benefit from having another update simply restore to the point of the previous update (before this current one) until this one can get patched up. my area is so laggy that time virtually runs out every match. I don't finish my daily activities anymore, this may be the beginning of the end.. but hope not!
    Empire Team with Boba!
  • maybe the have server problems? to many players and a few servers?
  • So I have similar problems to those listed for the iPad 2 poster above. I have same device, same latest software update.

The game used to crash in the middle of regular battles after a while of use. Then, a few updates ago, Ships started crashing. With the latest update, ships crashes, raids crash, arena crashes -- the game itself will crash while idling after a while.

Has anyone responded to these posts yet?
  • Three crashes today in arena. Two crashes when I was trying to reboot from the crash.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't mind the ships crashing so much I learned to just live with it and play ships on a different device. It's the Galatic war, character arena and sim tickets crashing constantly that ticks me off. Literally the only thing I can do is collect energy then I crash.

I play 2 separate accounts both iPad 2s version 9.3.5. Both devices crash but my main account with my 88-7* characters, several hundred mods and loads of hoarded gear seems to crash the most. I don't know if it's the amount of data on my account or what..but it started the day I updated the game on 6/30. I'll literally crash 5 times just trying to sim 600 energy in light or Darkside battles.

Extremely unplayable, extremely annoying and I'm starting to seriously lose my patience.

Ally code: 828-892-539 I've spent close to a $1,000 dollars but until something is fixed I refuse to spend a single dollar more.
  • Two more crashes. So if anyone is keeping count, I just wasted an entire refresh in crashes.

If the issue isn't fixed within the next week, im sorry, but I will not be able to play this game any longer, and im saying that reluctantly as I love the game.
  • Since the introduction of faces in Ship battles I have rarely been able to complete any battles in ship arena. This unstability is now creeping into all facets of the game dropping out and resetting in galactic war arena and even sometimes during squad and guilds the pit and tank take down. Missing out on items as amost get to the end and then the game crashes. Frustrated. This is on IPod, Samsung Galaxy 5 and IPad and IPad mini.
  • Dosifei4 wrote: »
    So I have similar problems to those listed for the iPad 2 poster above. I have same device, same latest software update.

The game used to crash in the middle of regular battles after a while of use. Then, a few updates ago, Ships started crashing. With the latest update, ships crashes, raids crash, arena crashes -- the game itself will crash while idling after a while.

Has anyone responded to these posts yet?

@Dosifei4 I belive vampire X stated the devs are aware of the issue and are looking into it somewhere within this mega thread. I'm extremely frustrated and I almost don't even want to bother any longer due what what I've experienced since the 6/30 update.
  • ps.
    I have lost plenty of resources due to the in battle game crash.

THIS! So this.

• JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    A dev responded to the crashing I was experiencing in ships a couple of weeks ago. This is the thread:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116773/ipad2-users#latest

But since the update everything including arena, ships, sim tickets, Galatic wars, raids, energy collecting crashes.

The devs response frightens me with all these IOS crashing issues
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    Derkus wrote: »
    It become a bit laggy since the last update, I can't do a ship battle (One hit ---> crash), arena battles are laggy if I have chance otherwise it crash too :( Maybe my iPhone 4 ?

I have the SAME ISSUE with every update, l have a good phone (Moto Z 64 gb, 4GB Ram), What is happening with all of these bugs guys? There has been a LOT Lately, crashes, lag, that PINK Madness
  • Can we get an update on this issue? This is long past ridiculous and needs to be fixed immediately.
  • RogiWan
    97 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Sinds the last update game is very unstable, experience lag and stuttering. In Ships the first 10 seconds is like a dia show.

I am on IOS (Ipad air)
  • P4 HAAT not can't even load. Crashes every time. Ships content still crashing since the content came out. iOS 9.3.5 iPad mini
  • Still crashing. Still no response. Worst customer service and support ever!
  • Crashed mid dark side battle and crashed before a bronzium was fully opened.
  • My Ship Arena is crashing everytime !!! impossible to play the game :(

Iphone 6plus -> IOS 10.3.2 here !!
  • Great....haven't started my arena run yet today.
  • @JediMindTricks did your issues start with the 6/30 update? (not ships...we both know that's been going on longer than that). I mean the other crash/lag issues?

Because other than ships, all of my issues started right after tha update.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6S
    iOS 10.3.2
    Both wifi and data
    Reinstalled on both devices
    Red screen upon game launch, and multiple crashes during ship battles. (3 so far in the past 5 days). Arena was also super laggy. Never had an issue until the update.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • @Carth_Onassi1973

Ships I crashed from day one of ship release. On June 15ish I noticed higher crashing then normal in character arena and Galatic wars. After update 6/30 that was the nail in the coffin. Arena, ships, Galatic wars, raids, simming tickets on light and Darkside battles crashed worst than a drunken pilot.

Despite deleting and reinstalling the game, wiping my iPad out clean, only having the Swgohs game on my iPad 2, very good internet, 10GB of space available, doing every tip the devs said to do I still crash.

I am 100% positive that the update ruined playing on iPad 2 for me. I had to start playing on a iPhone 6 that runs a lot faster and even on my daughters iPhone the game runs laggy now.

The devs can say no all they want..but I've played this game for over a year and a half everyday and I can tell when something doesn't work right...and it started June 30th.

Thanks devs:(
  • @JediMindTricks agreed, I've had the exact same results. And today, ships crashed more than arena. I'm playing ring around the Rosie with which arena is going to crash more.

Arena still crashed twice. Fleet arena, 3 times.
  • @Carth_Onassi1973

Yeah its one thing to have to fight RNG..now its like we have to also fight the game stability.

What worries me is that we havent been hearing anything from the devs about this except for 1 or 2 comments from @Vampire_X and its not a huge majority of players experiencing this..its a small number of iOS players. If the majority of the game community would be having the same issue it would have been fixed by now. Friday makes 2 full weeks since this update, it honestly isnt looking to good at the moment and im having a hard time being optimistic about this IOS crashing issue being fixed.