Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• Options
    @JediMindTricks i started from 56 today only because they last few days, I haven't been able to advance due to crashes. Yesterday a whole refresh crashed and since the update, I've had two raids crash, GW, arena is rediculous and ships. Never happened before the update, except for ships. I've missed quite a few good rewards because of this issue.

On a lighter note, my guild leader stated that there's another update getting ready to drop and he's speculating it's to fix the crashing at least. I really hope so.

And yes, the RNG was bad enough. Now I wish I could get slammed by poor RNG just to play the game. Probably shouldn't have said that because now I'll get the crashes fixed and RNG will be abysmal.
  • Options
    @Carth_Onassi1973

Yeah its one thing to have to fight RNG..now its like we have to also fight the game stability.

What worries me is that we havent been hearing anything from the devs about this except for 1 or 2 comments from @Vampire_X and its not a huge majority of players experiencing this..its a small number of iOS players. If the majority of the game community would be having the same issue it would have been fixed by now. Friday makes 2 full weeks since this update, it honestly isnt looking to good at the moment and im having a hard time being optimistic about this IOS crashing issue being fixed.

crashing for over two months bro if this new update dont sort it ill be gone
    and takeing my mates with me
  • Options
    @Carth_Onassi1973

Yeah its one thing to have to fight RNG..now its like we have to also fight the game stability.

What worries me is that we havent been hearing anything from the devs about this except for 1 or 2 comments from @Vampire_X and its not a huge majority of players experiencing this..its a small number of iOS players. If the majority of the game community would be having the same issue it would have been fixed by now. Friday makes 2 full weeks since this update, it honestly isnt looking to good at the moment and im having a hard time being optimistic about this IOS crashing issue being fixed.

Oh my god.... That doesn't sound promising for the rest of us.

• Options
    Before the update, my game crashed during ship battles (challenges and arena) about 1/2 to 2/3 of the time. Now, the game crashes during ship battles about 99 percent of the time and repeatedly crashes during other actions (galactic wars, arena, light-side and dark-side battles, etc.). Essentially, I cannot play any ship battles without the game's crashing during the battle. Clearing the cache and hard-closing the device do not solve this problem.
    Ipod Touch 5G, 32 gb
    iOS 9.3.5 (latest update)
    Ally code 436-195-892
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    We need a new RAID
  • Options
    I'very tried reinstalling and it's still unstable. GW crashes almost with ever team change on the later nodes... you know, the ones where you have to use suicide squads. Ships is a write off for me now. 100% crash rate. Experiencing a lot of lag.

Have tried deleting unused apps and that's made no difference to the games performance on my ipad either. At this rate it won't be me quitting the game so much as being unable to play it any more.
  • Options
    @Carth_Onassi1973

Oh my god.... That doesn't sound promising for the rest of us.

well be on a galaxy far far away from ea if the rest of you guys miss us
  • Options
    I hope they fix it

• Derkus
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    They need to hopefully
    Post edited by Derkus on
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Options
    I had a problem with ship battles crashing yesterday for the first time. Almost at the conclusion of a battle, on my move, the battle would crash causing the game to restart.

Using wifi
    I have not reinstalled yet, waiting on reoccurrence
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
  • Options
    **** ship battles keep crushing on me! Making me lose position during payout and climbs! That's like 4 days in a row @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon @Vampire_X

I'm losing ship currency!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BOTTOM LINE: FIX IT NOW!!!!!'
  • Options
    Almost two weeks to figure this out.
  • Options
  • Options
    Read the latest update notes. Am I suprised IOS crashing issues still not fix? Nope.

Devs definitly been busy on things other than fixing the crashing.

I guess it's because this doesn't affect the majority of the game community cause if it did it would have been fixed by now. I'm guessing the little guys here will just continue to be ignored until we've all had enough and just quit.

• Options
    When I log in I get the spinning wheel cant play game what's up with this
  • Options
    Running iOS 9.3.5
    IPod touch gen 5
    Lodged a case and followed all the troubleshooting steps, all the way from restarting, to a complete reinstall.

Keeps crashing all over the place, has been since couple of updates ago. Definitely in fleet arena, otherwise could be anywhere from galactic war to not even loading. Mix of both wifi and cellular.
  • Nzavatar
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Before the update, my game crashed during ship battles (challenges and arena) about 1/2 to 2/3 of the time. Now, the game crashes during ship battles about 99 percent of the time and repeatedly crashes during other actions (galactic wars, arena, light-side and dark-side battles, etc.). Essentially, I cannot play any ship battles without the game's crashing during the battle. Clearing the cache and hard-closing the device do not solve this problem.
    Ipod Touch 5G, 32 gb
    iOS 9.3.5 (latest update)
    Ally code 436-195-892

Totally me too, this is getting beyond a joke surely they should be all over this.
  • Options
    Still not fixed after latest update!
  • Options
    Still crashing! @CG_Kozispoon @Vampire_X
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Update: yesterday my arena didn't crash but ships crashed once. I don't know if a patch went out, but it was the first time since the update that arena did not crash, and subsequently, I was able to battle fully in arena. It made me smile.

I'm hoping today it's more of the same, but until there is a consistant string of non-issues in arena, I will be leary. I'll update again later this evening to share my experience from today.
  • Options
    After the forced restart yesterday, 7/12, I noticed my wifi only ipad started receiving an Error message 104.0 caEPOrm.png every time I tried to enter Mod Challenges, Find character shards, or enter Events. Everything else seemed to work fine. I used my iphone in the same location with wifi on and didn't get this error message. I noticed my wifi signal was weak but still usable for other uses but I walked near the wifi access point anyways. The error message stopped showing up. Today with strong wifi I haven't been having this problem but worry that my problem will recur each time my wifi signal gets weaker.
  • Options
    This has been quite the disappointment, mostly because events keep rolling out despite a host of us stuck basically unable to play/enjoy the game. The lack of communication has also been horribly disappointing. I would expect that EA would at least delay rolling out the next few events until all can participate.

I'm not expecting perfection out of anyone, but we are really being hung out to dry here. This is the only online game I've ever invested in. All I look for is a clear indication that EA knows what is going on and that they are directing all available resources into making the game playable/enjoyable for all.

It would also be nice to not miss out on anything while EA takes care of their customers.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tomorrow makes 2 weeks now.

I think it is time for the devs to show up here and give us an update on what they aren't or "are" gonna do!

I read other threads on this game forum and see plenty of developer responses, quotes, memes @CG_Kozispoon yeah I'm meaning you...and because this isn't a majority of the communities problem doesn't mean that it still isn't important. It's important to those of us who have supported the game since day one. Least you guys could do is be honest with us and say you're either still working on it or that you guys released an update that's gonna require a higher spec device to play. Just be honest and respond on this thread to those of us who have supported you.

Just ignoring people until we quit playing the game and posting these crashing issues isn't gonna make our problems go away..what it's gonna do in reality is make you guys lose money. It might not be a lot of money..but it's still less money from people like me that ain't buying nothing anymore if I can't access the game on my iPad 2 that I was able to access before but that I can't now because of an update "YOU" people put out.

• BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I have an ipod touch, 6th gen, iOS v10.3.2. 10GB of free space. I never used to get crashes, but today and a few days ago the game crashed in the middle of a ship battle.

I don't know if it's related, but I often get jerky, delayed animations in the ship battles when I run them at 4x speed. It is worse if I haven't restarted the game for a few hours.
  • Options
    Update 2: two crashes today . One in arena and one in ships.

I should have kept my mouth shut.
  • Options
    android s7 edge....its slow as hell since "the update" its takes quiet some time to load the pic of my toons in char select and loading time in general increased a lot
  • Options
    iOS 10.3.2
    I pad mini.

Wifi

Yes uninstalled and reinstalled

No it fixed jack crap.

Crashing upon loading into ships, freezing at reinforcement screen (ship arena), crashing loadin into squad arena.

Lost two ship arena attempts before the battle even loaded in yesterday. Pressed the battle button and it immediately crashed. Lost 2'ship attempts yesterday that stuck in reinforcement notice. One my reinforcement and the other my opponents.

Today I lost 2 attempts for squad arena. Moth within 20 minutes of payout.

Fix it quick or lose a giant whale