Cleanses de-Buffs from allies
Decent counter chance
Cleanses de-buffs from self
25% health recovery of he suffers a de-buff
High health and protection.

Cons-
Slow
Low damage

So, in my opinion, he's one of the better tanks in the game.

Opinions?

Replies

• EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member
    My opinion is that he's no match for Baze
  • EmeraldZx wrote: »

And Shore And Sith Trooper.

On Topic - him not having an Auto-Taunt is the real drawback. There is no point in using him if he needs to get a turn in order to gain Taunt. He is good in a full phoenix team in GW though.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    He doesn't remove buffs from enemies. Also he's just mediocre.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    For Galactic War and Lightside Battles, he's a pretty decent tank. But being slow and needing a turn to get his taunt rolling rather hurt.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    EmeraldZx wrote: »
    or GK, the real Jedi tank ;-)
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Only time I've seen Kanan do well is on a Jedi team WITH GK. He spreads out the damage on offense, and makes GK more durable.

Outside of that, I haven't seen him do well. Maybe GW, or in a full Phoenix raid team. He is just too slow.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    If I had unlimited resources I'd love to test either:

A. IGD lead, Kit Fisto, Aayla, Zarris, Kanan.

B. IGD lead, GK, Aayla, Zarris, Kanan

Might not be able to break into the meta, but it might be decent. Probably a meta shift, or faction pass, or new toon from being legit. Just not top notch right now.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Might not be able to break into the meta, but it might be decent. Probably a meta shift, or faction pass, or new toon from being legit. Just not top notch right now.

I wish Zeb was a Jedi. Would be way more useful that kanan here. I would even take Ezra over Kanan in this squad.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    underrated is easy when everyone thinks he's total garbage ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

I wish Zeb was a Jedi. Would be way more useful that kanan here. I would even take Ezra over Kanan in this squad.

It's the 100% counter chance on a taunt tank that is interesting to me. You're right that Zeb, and Ezra are just better. But the Jedi counter squad just seems interesting. But not enough for me to fully commit resources into it.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

It's the 100% counter chance on a taunt tank that is interesting to me. You're right that Zeb, and Ezra are just better. But the Jedi counter squad just seems interesting. But not enough for me to fully commit resources into it.

I like the idea of a counter Jedi squad, but Kanan wouldn't last long being focused, and his basic really sucks.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    I would remove Kanan from those groups and put in Ezra. he is a beast. with his double attacks and watch and learn skill he would fit in nicely with an IGD/GK counter team.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    You also have to consider zBarris and Kanan on the same team means you have basically no damage output. Every other assist Aayla calls is going to be for a whopping 2k crit from these guys.
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    Looking at him again he was underated. There's lots of us that don't have shore or baze if you need a tank
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

I like the idea of a counter Jedi squad, but Kanan wouldn't last long being focused, and his basic really sucks.

With Zarris he has plenty of survivability. And even more with GK as a second taunt. I camped at 1-2 in arena for months with GK/Zarris. She gave me literally tens of thousands of free heals (maybe 100,000 plus in an average arena battle). On offense you wouldn't lose anybody except to Nihilus.
    You also have to consider zBarris and Kanan on the same team means you have basically no damage output. Every other assist Aayla calls is going to be for a whopping 2k crit from these guys.

THIS. You hit on the real problem. The Jedi are generally weak on damage output (with a few exceptions). You would get a lot of free damage boosted counters with the above comp, but it just wouldn't be enough to make up for the lack of pure damage.
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I was looking for a tank for Chirrut would he fit in there on a team?
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    All I have is k250 as a rebel tank and he sucks by himself
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Sounds a lot like Sun Fac, except he doesn't cleanse debuffs but dispels buffs instead, personally I find that a lot more valuable even when he has no synergy
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

A. Is actually a counter squad I have saved for GW and tank raids (and p4 of rancor if needed) like mentioned, they don't do a ton of damage, but it's fun to watch 5 toons all counter the same target. Outside of not having high DPS, Jedi don't have an AOE cleanser, so you'd have to sacrifice a counter toon for a cleanser if you wante them to survive longer. It'll be nice once the Jedi faction pass comes, if they give IGD a Zeta that increases the counter chance to like 75%+ and damage to 50%, that way you can put in the high DPS non counter Jedi. It'd also be sweet if they released an AOE cleanser Jedi or added it to an existing one.
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    Sounds a lot like Sun Fac, except he doesn't cleanse debuffs but dispels buffs instead, personally I find that a lot more valuable even when he has no synergy

Sun Fac is the better option. I never used him before (I have him 6*) but being able to dispell on a basic is pretty wicked.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Kanan is an easy to farm tank for a P3 chirpatine team. Offense down on basic will greatly reduce the damage the B2 Rocket droid is doing overall. Chirpa, EP, Sun Fac, Kanan, STH is a pretty solid f2p friendly team. Can even give Protection Up to STH or Sun Fac before everyone gets time-locked.
  • Kanan doesnt make my top 10 tanks. He squeezes in just above chewie in my list
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Darknessie wrote: »
    Kanan doesnt make my top 10 tanks. He squeezes in just above chewie in my list
    What's your top 10? Also just cuz he's not top 10 doesn't mean he isn't underrated. He gets a lot of shade thrown his way because everyone hates Phoenix to begin with and he's too dang slow to taunt in arena. He's definitely a good toon for non-arena situations.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Imo tanks are ordered like this best to worst,this is just from my own experience with these toons:gk>shoretrooper >baze(no chirrut)>sith trooper>sun fac> st han>others
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Darknessie wrote: »
    Kanan doesnt make my top 10 tanks. He squeezes in just above chewie in my list
    What's your top 10? Also just cuz he's not top 10 doesn't mean he isn't underrated. He gets a lot of shade thrown his way because everyone hates Phoenix to begin with and he's too dang slow to taunt in arena. He's definitely a good toon for non-arena situations.

Not in order
    Baze, st, fac, Srp, sth, gk, b2, shore, k2so and storm. Old ben and made are tanks too and I would probably put them above kanan too. His kit is alright and he suffers from association with Phoenix.

He is probably under rated but so is GGuard.
  • No love for royal guard?

Offense down is underated. And with kanan he can taunt and counter, giving offense down to everyone on the other team with good rng. It really does , slightly, help ;)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    No love for royal guard?

Offense down is underated. And with kanan he can taunt and counter, giving offense down to everyone on the other team with good rng. It really does , slightly, help ;)

It's more useful for raids as that way it won't be cleansed/met with tenacity up. He's a solid tank for P3, and I'm sure the Phoenix team as a whole is probably pretty alright in P3/P4.
  • He would be pretty good in a game that wasn't ruled entirely by auto-taunting. Unfortunately there's no putting that cat back in the bag
  • No love for royal guard?

Well spotted! Yes add RG in there too
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    No love for royal guard?

It's more useful for raids as that way it won't be cleansed/met with tenacity up. He's a solid tank for P3, and I'm sure the Phoenix team as a whole is probably pretty alright in P3/P4.

On phase 3 and 4 its hard to give them all buffs at the right time to survive the cannon/airstrike, I tried them with raid han and they all survived to the enrage timer.