Are droid teams still relevant?

Killbot5000
714 posts Member
edited July 2017
Just curious.
Maybe with an hk47 lead and a ton of crit chance mods?
Post edited by Killbot5000 on

Replies

• anonidude
    703 posts Member
    Not really at the moment juch to the lament of many many droid users.

Droids and Jawa make a very useful p2 squad
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    droids atm only for the p2 aat, arena they can still kick butt but only in the top 100 and go down fast
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • I hold top 50 everyday with my droids but yeah they struggle against many things right now, there are some people that are able to hold top 20 but that's difficult to see. We're hoping for a faction pass to make them good and scary again :smile:
  • I can make it to around 150 with them, it's tough as wiggs are everywhere.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Probably not for Arena. HAAT P2 they can still be good. And they can possibly walk through the easy nodes of your GW. But between crit immunity and debuffs putting a halt to bonus TM gain, they just tend to stand there and spark.
  • Guibs
    11 posts Member
    I drop my droid arena team a month ago. Just couldn't compete and it was hard to stay in the top 200 on my shard. Switched to Jedi (mostly because I had a bunch of theme and already invested in R2 ZZeta in hope it would help my droid team) and I'm mostly between 30-50 now on my shard with a team of zQGJ(L), Yoda, Anakin, Aalya and zzR2.
  • You can hold Top 100 easy, make it to top 20 everyday, there are even times where I make it top 10 but that's focusing, and checking the arena matchups all the way up to pay out, you don't have to try this hard with other factions.

• Assassin84 wrote: »
    You can hold Top 100 easy, make it to top 20 everyday, there are even times where I make it top 10 but that's focusing, and checking the arena matchups all the way up to pay out, you don't have to try this hard with other factions.
    Just out of curiosity, how old is your shard? I haven't seen a droid team in the top 50 on my Dec '15 shard since shortly after zetas were introduced.

• STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    I get top 20 every day on my shard (I joined 2 or 3 months after release so don't even try saying it's a baby/easy shard). Has anywhere between 2-4 empire, 3-4 Jedi, 5-7 rebels and 8-10 maul. Lots of people switch up the teams constantly so I don't have exact numbers. I use HK, 88, R2, JE, and swap in B2 or GK depending on the team.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Assassin84 wrote: »
    You can hold Top 100 easy, make it to top 20 everyday, there are even times where I make it top 10 but that's focusing, and checking the arena matchups all the way up to pay out, you don't have to try this hard with other factions.
    Just out of curiosity, how old is your shard? I haven't seen a droid team in the top 50 on my Dec '15 shard since shortly after zetas were introduced.

Same dated shard and not seen once around the time the whole lando nerf was kicking about