Where to put Thrawn?

I have my 5* Thrawn up to Gear 10 (speed 236) and I'm almost ready to plug him into my arena squad, but I'm not sure the best composition to use. I'm one of the last Zader holdovers on my shard. I can usually reach top 20, sometimes top 10 with Zader, zDN, Zoba, Zylo, and Shore, but I know I can only ever get so heigh with this squad. The top players are almost all triple cleanse and the new meta (GK, chaze, DN, and Thrawn).

Here is my profile for reference: https://swgoh.gg/u/haybarn564/

I'm debating keeping Zader lead (for now) or putting Thrawn in lead (but open to other suggestions). No Chaze or GK options for me (finally in a HAAT guild so GK on his way).

Guys I have at G10/11: Zader, zDN, Zoba, Zylo, Shore, Zidious, Rex, Palp, TFP, Thrawn, RG (and a bunch of rebels that I'm not planning on using)

Guys I have but not geared high enough yet: Deathrooper (6*, g8 currently farming shards and gear), Tarkin (G8), magma, Maul (g8), dooku (g8), R2

I do have 40 zeta mats available to allocate, so I can zeta either (or both) of Thrawn's abilities if needed.

Appreciate any advice!

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    IDK if it's a good idea, but I think you can replace Zylo with him. I think thrawn is better in a Zader team, but don't trust me, I haven't got Zader, this is just an oppinion
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • I switched from basically your team (I was running Zader/zBoba/zDN/TFP/Shore) to Tarkin (l)/Thrawn/zDN/DT/Shore and it's made arena fun again for the first time in months. I easily take #1 at payout and haven't really fallen out of the top 10 since making the swap. Highly recommended.

Given your roster, as a transitional team, look to something like Zader/Thrawn/Shore/DN and then something like TFP or Zylo I guess.

Stormtrooper is another strong option on a Thrawn team as a double tank to taunt juggle with Shore.
  • That's really helpful, thanks! If you don't mind, what kind of stats do your guys have?

I was considering gearing up Tarkin after Thrawn and DT anyways, especially since he's been so awesome in helping me solo the Pit again. I'll play around with those various combos in the meantime and see what sticks.

Of course by the time I get Thrawn, DT, and Tarkin to G11, there will probably be a new meta with Commander Luke or someone else
  • Cool thanks!
  • When using Thrawn against the GK/Chaze/DN combo, who do you usually fracture first? Baze?
  • Haybarn564 wrote: »
    When using Thrawn against the GK/Chaze/DN combo, who do you usually fracture first? Baze?

Yeah. Baze is almost always first fracture. There are other ways to neutralize GK. (Cooldown increases, ability blocks, etc.)
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    I run a Zader team and easily finish rank 1. But you need a fast Sith Assasin so Zader can apply his dots. But you need Zader more speedy than Nihilus so Nihilus can force drain and increase the cooldown of the opposite team. Very effective for me.

My team composition is;
    Vader
    Thrawn
    Nihilus
    GK
    Sass
  • I switched from basically your team (I was running Zader/zBoba/zDN/TFP/Shore) to Tarkin (l)/Thrawn/zDN/DT/Shore and it's made arena fun again for the first time in months. I easily take #1 at payout and haven't really fallen out of the top 10 since making the swap. Highly recommended.

Given your roster, as a transitional team, look to something like Zader/Thrawn/Shore/DN and then something like TFP or Zylo I guess.

Stormtrooper is another strong option on a Thrawn team as a double tank to taunt juggle with Shore.

So I decided to throw Thrawn in there, even at G10, and see what he could do. Ran Zader, Thrawn, Shore, DN and Zoba. Amazing. Made it to #3 before I ran out of attempts. Fell to #12 over night instead out of top 50 like I was doing with Zylo in there. We'll see how he does on repeat performance, but so far, I love Thrawn. Now to get him to G11 and get DT geared up.

Thanks for the tips!