Was "Train a hero" daily activity removed?

Prev1
ThePenguin77
186 posts Member
edited July 2017
It required training a hero with at least 1 droid. It was very useful because it gave 25 sim tickets. "Daily Activities Completion" gives them now instead. However amount of xp hasn't increased (from what I see). I know that most of people on the forums are already level 85 and it doesn't really bother them but does anyone know why it was removed?

Replies

• Options
    The prize for it is rolled into another activity(upgrade a mod maybe?) at lv85.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Cuz when you have every toon lol 85, you could never complete the daily challenge.
  • Options
    Probably a deterrent to prevent people from exploiting something that new accounts can take advantage of. Possibly, maybe?
  • Mattikin
    107 posts Member
    Options
    It disappears at level 82, the ship version disappears at level 85.

Thankfully you still get the sim tickets with the daily completion.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    The prize for it is rolled into another activity(upgrade a mod maybe?) at lv85.
    Pretty sure it gets rolled into the Daily Activities Completion reward. Upgrade a Mod comes around when you unlock mods, doesn't it?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It disappears, as it should, because what if all your toons are max level?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Cuz when you have every toon lol 85, you could never complete the daily challenge.

This is the reason alot of whales were complaining cause they spent a boat load of money and could complete the daily challenges. So it was removed to appease the whales. The whales didnt care about the rest of the people that play the game cause they spend money so they are more important than the rest of us. They certainly don't care about the extra SIM tickets since they had more then enough from all the money they spent. They didn't need the xp cause they were already max level.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »

This is the reason alot of whales were complaining cause they spent a boat load of money and could complete the daily challenges. So it was removed to appease the whales. The whales didnt care about the rest of the people that play the game cause they spend money so they are more important than the rest of us. They certainly don't care about the extra SIM tickets since they had more then enough from all the money they spent. They didn't need the xp cause they were already max level.

...........You still get the sim tickets. They're added to Daily Completion. There's no grand conspiracy here.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

...........You still get the sim tickets. They're added to Daily Completion. There's no grand conspiracy here.

You may still get the tickets but we were never granted the xp they was awarded for completing that challenge. So everyday people who are not max level are losing out on additional so that was there that they could be getting for completing that challenge of leveling a toon, but don't get it why cause a very small percentage of the player base whined and cried cause they didn't have the foresight to leave several toons lower than max level.

I agree it there is no grand conspiracy, just a major case of pandering. But if anyone who wasn't a whale did the same thing they would be accused of being entitled cause they are not getting there way and can not complete the daily challenges. No conspiracy just a major double standard,
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options

You may still get the tickets but we were never granted the xp they was awarded for completing that challenge. So everyday people who are not max level are losing out on additional so that was there that they could be getting for completing that challenge of leveling a toon, but don't get it why cause a very small percentage of the player base whined and cried cause they didn't have the foresight to leave several toons lower than max level.

I agree it there is no grand conspiracy, just a major case of pandering. But if anyone who wasn't a whale did the same thing they would be accused of being entitled cause they are not getting there way and can not complete the daily challenges. No conspiracy just a major double standard,

Why do you need the xp if you're at max level?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Facts aren't your strong point there, brohan.

When the dailies were changed, any tickets, XP or other changes for lower level players, were simply added to the completion of the dailies - except level 85 (max) - where XP is unnecessary.

So you can drop the completely unnecessary (and completely fictionally-based) whale hate. And no, I'm no whale - but simply don't like misleading posts.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    It disappears, as it should, because what if all your toons are max level?

That applies to like, 5 people.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Options

Bro who do you know has this first-world problem.

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options

The level cap has been 85 for what, almost a year? Do you really think there aren't people out there with every unlocked toon at lvl 85?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

It's irrelevant - the change didn't "hurt" anyone but did make it possible for those who have all toons maxed to still complete their dailies. Whether that's now or two years from now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

The level cap has been 85 for what, almost a year? Do you really think there aren't people out there with every unlocked toon at lvl 85?

Dude. Why would you remove something because a few people have it? It's like taking away any chance of unlocking Thrawn. Does this apply to you anyways?

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Dude. Why would you remove something because a few people have it? It's like taking away any chance of unlocking Thrawn. Does this apply to you anyways?

Again, they didn't remove any rewards. The rewards were simply added to the "dailies completed" reward for lower level players.

• Options

So... Rather than roll XP into the daily challenges, which is what they did, you're suggesting that they should have kept the training challenge, and people should have the "foresight" to leave some toons unleveled?
    We should stop leveling every character, in a game based on collecting and leveling characters...
    We should keep playing the game, but we should.... stop.... leveling characters....
    I'm tempted to just keep rephrasing this idea until I find a way that makes sense, but I'm just gonna go somewhere quiet, and think about it some more.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    yYWN7_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=nike&i=nikealphamenace&l=search&f=.gif
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    That daily activity was was removed above level 80 upon the request of the players at the time, unless I'm entirely off base.

You just get the rewards when you finish the day instead.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

+1000000. All day. Multiple threads. It's why I occasionally take a day or two off from the forums.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

You may still get the tickets but we were never granted the xp they was awarded for completing that challenge.
    The XP (and before you fly off the handle again--credits, training droids, and all other rewards) was also rolled into the Daily Challenge Completion reward.

You never lose a reward. You might lose a specific challenge (Train a character, equip gear, enhance a ship--I think that's all of them) but you don't lose its reward, it just gets rolled into the Daily Challenge Reward.

What is it about this you aren't getting?
  • Options
    Some people just want to argue for the sake of arguing.
  • Options

I feel the same reading the comments...
    Most useless thread. They ask something then dont understand the answer
  • Options

Or better yet, OP posts a question in the form of an angry rant ie

Luminara broken!
    MY LUMINARA DISAPPEARS WHENEVER BIGGS ATTACKS HER WITH HIS TRIPLE SHOT! FIXIT NOW!

Then a few people explain what has happened, but the OP never returns ( or at least never responds). Meanwhile, someone else will post about how Luminara is OP and needs to be nerfed, and a someone calls him a noob, then Chaze gets mentioned etc.

It honestly seems like half the posts on here are some variation of that some days.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Wasn't this removed over a year ago now ..
  • Options

Or better yet, OP posts a question in the form of an angry rant ie

Luminara broken!
    MY LUMINARA DISAPPEARS WHENEVER BIGGS ATTACKS HER WITH HIS TRIPLE SHOT! FIXIT NOW!

Then a few people explain what has happened, but the OP never returns ( or at least never responds). Meanwhile, someone else will post about how Luminara is OP and needs to be nerfed, and a someone calls him a noob, then Chaze gets mentioned etc.

It honestly seems like half the posts on here are some variation of that some days.

I love those threads.
  • Options
    Ok mods,
    We had enough fun on this thread.
    Feel free to close it
  • Options
    ... What have I done by creating this thread.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hahaha

This^^ is your fault.
    ... What have I done by creating this thread.