X-Wing Fighter's first HAAT

Yesac
362 posts Member
Hey everyone. I want to shout it from the top of a mountain.

Eight months of dedication. A really long road. But we're finally there. This was definitely the most rewarding video game experience I've had. The top ten of my guild really forged a bond as we strived toward this goal. The top three are not mercs. We've been together since the beginning.

5paV6rw.png

Replies

• Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Kudos to the 2 whales that stuck it out with your guild. Congrats. I was in same situation and stuck with my old guild until we reached haat, then had to leave anyway coz the guild then decided to raid haat at 4am my local time. So for me it was a loss of opportunity staying.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I'm actually not a whale, but I thank you for the compliment (?). I find it hard to stay top 50 in arena because I've been dumping all my resources into Resistance, Scavenger Zody, and FO, none of which is arena viable on my shard. Do that for eight months and even a lowly dolphin can manage a huge score in the HAAT.

Too bad about your guild. I was worried Syzygy would bail, but he was cool sticking it out with the guild.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! The next will be easier and easier
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    congrats!
    Also a great example of hAAT being cleared at the top of the guild, not at the bottom. I've seen alot of guilds blame the lower/newer members for not clearing the raid, but the top guys can make a way larger difference! nicely done.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Congrats
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats! My guild just finished our third HAAT. It truly gets easier after the first, enjoy the GK shards and better rewards!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats! My guild also just completed our first HAAT. Though we lost a few good players along the way that moved on, the rest of our core players doubled down on farming for AAT and it finally paid off (13 over 1M). Feels great, I know exactly how you feel :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Congrats! My guild also just completed our first HAAT. Though we lost a few good players along the way that moved on, the rest of our core players doubled down on farming for AAT and it finally paid off (13 over 1M). Feels great, I know exactly how you feel :)
    Khayman wrote: »
    Congrats! My guild just finished our third HAAT. It truly gets easier after the first, enjoy the GK shards and better rewards!

Congrats to you guys too. I sure hope it gets easier. As is, we'll only be able to do it on weekends because it takes so many hours.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    Congrats to you guys too. I sure hope it gets easier. As is, we'll only be able to do it on weekends because it takes so many hours.

We're still debating on how to proceed as well. The mod change cost, time, and sheer effort involved (and game fatigue) pretty much means weekends only for now. It's still a close enough thing that any of our top 12 being on vacation would make things dicey. Might alternate normal and heroic for a little while until it's more routine.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Stick with heroic. As long as everyone is dedicated, the improvement is rapid. We went from needing almost the full 48 hours to Less than 6 hours in 3 weeks. And that was without everyone using every team.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    DRV wrote: »
    Stick with heroic. As long as everyone is dedicated, the improvement is rapid. We went from needing almost the full 48 hours to Less than 6 hours in 3 weeks. And that was without everyone using every team.

Good to know. I actually was able to connect with some mod-level players and I think I can shore up some of my loose ends. Thanks.
  • Options
    Congrats! it truly is awesome when a guild stay together and grow as one.
    It will get easier. After a few more HAATs others in the guild will have viable teams and then you don't have worry about the mod swapping. Just takes time :wink:
  • Options
    I HIGHLY recommend keeping up with heroic. You're guild is getting stronger every day and it will get easier and easier. After 10 haats we were coming up with ways to limit damage.
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Options
    If you can do HAAT do HAAT. Never go back to NAAT. It is just not worth the time and effort. Our guild can do in 1-2 hours depending on how many actively hitting. If we managed to get 25 show up then its 1 hour. So it gets better as you guys improve your rosters. I got 7* GK and he rocks arena and am only managing 9-10 mils so you already doing more than me
  • Options
    Congrats, that first win is huge. It only gets easier...
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Gratz! B)
  • Options
    Nice. You'll be laughing at how hard this seemed in 2 weeks. Never look back!
  • Options
    Winchester wrote: »
    Nice. You'll be laughing at how hard this seemed in 2 weeks. Never look back!

This is 1000% exactly the truth ;)
  • American
    394 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats you've taken your first steps into the gk sweepstakes. After the first haat, it gets easier. Gj!
  • Options
    My GK is 45 shards from 7*. Now that Zylo got nerfed I suck **** in P1. Hopefully with a G11 Kenobi i'll be more productive.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Options
    Awesome and thanks for sharing
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Gratz! Did you guys use zKylo in P1?
  • Azura
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! And Hey Kalidor! I'm in the same guild as Kalidor, and I have to admit the sense of accomplishment was something I haven't felt in a video game since the early 90s. It's great to see other guilds go through the same journey and succeed. I can't wait till it gets easier, and I know it will.

Cheers!
  • Azura
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I can't speak for Yesac, but for our first haat, Yes, we used multiple zKylos in P1, took a couple of hours to get the right RNG, and P4 was easier than I thought it would be. A number of us had rebel and clone teams on the sideline waiting for coach to tap our shoulders...never came
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Az :)
    Yeah, we had 10 zKylos in our guild so it was pretty trivial to pass P1. Our next goal is to improve to the point where mod swapping is not necessary to complete the raid, and then we'll work on phasing out zKylos, as the RNG for that is about as fun as stun cuff farming.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Azura wrote: »
    I can't speak for Yesac, but for our first haat, Yes, we used multiple zKylos in P1, took a couple of hours to get the right RNG, and P4 was easier than I thought it would be. A number of us had rebel and clone teams on the sideline waiting for coach to tap our shoulders...never came

Hey. I know there's a bit of a controversy over the zKylos. Some people think it's cheating. I think, after the "fix," it's more like work and less like cheating. There were three of us doing it, and one forgot to put airplane mode on early, so it was down to me and Syzygy. Took us 2.5 hours.

The three of us never even used Jedi, so I suppose we may have been able to clear p1 without zKylo. Soon, no doubt, we will.

Thanks everyone for the congrats! Didn't expect this many responses.