People business 24 hr hold

Prev1
So we are having issues with 24hr hold. People are playing rancour in aeroplane mode then registering their full score 5 mins after start time. Is anyone else having the same problem and do you have any way of solving it other than cutting members?

Replies

• Options
    The title should have been people abusing 24hr hold. Sorry
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    have a start time at for example 21:00h. Members who clear more than 2 phases can only register their score after 21:30h.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I have had to remove 3 players in the last 12 hours for ignoring the no damage 24hr rule.Leaders need better control over raids.
  • Options
    Few ways you could handle it. One option is to make a rule where people can't preload the other is to allow preloading but don't allow them to register damage until a set time.

In either case you will have to punish those that don't follow the rules. In my guild anyone who hits the raid early has to sit out the rest of the raid and can't register a score at all on the next raid of the same kind.

Haven't had many accidents since we added the miss a raid rule lol.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    have a start time at for example 21:00h. Members who clear more than 2 phases can only register their score after 21:30h.

This. Our limit is waiting 30 minutes (or raid completion, whichever is sooner) to post any solos. Our phases go within 5 minutes or so each from large chunks of damage -- we have a number of people who through in solid teams and just hit auto, so things go quickly.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    We have this rule; 15 min damage hold after it's ffa (which is at 24 hours). 30 min if you solo more than 2 stages. If someone doesn't abide by the rule they get a warning. 3 warnings and you're out. I have no idea how it can be done without enforcement. It's a lots of job for officers too. But after you make the transition, you can be sure almost everyone will be on with it after a few raids. Rest is just mistakes.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The 24h rule is there so everyone gets a reward... That is its sole purpose.... Therefor starting the raid before 24h and registering your damage after the 24h is up should not be a problem/rule break... I always jump into the pit before the 24hours so I get the full damage potential registered after the 24hours is up... otherwise id never get any damage done because you get people who are only register 100k-1m damage.

It doesn't help our Leader/Officer's never kick people who do break the no damage before the 24hours rule.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

We used to run a system like this, but it was getting bothersome to keep people going and a lot of effort to ensure people got more then one run.

Our new system has the goal of "forcing" people to make single runs. There are many good teams that can solo, and others that will easily give 2 phases without trouble. So we run a single post time like you are now and outline that people should be working to make a single good raid team and not plan on multiple runs. We also suggest that everyone preload in airplane more and ask that anyone soloing try to post a few mins after just to make sure people that start the raid at our "post time" have a chance to get in, we are an international guild so some people need to start at the post time to be able to get in.

It seems to be working and it gives people a goal. Most people who needed multiple runs wouldn't really change the order they finished in so it was more time and effort to make sure they can post 3 scores.
  • Options
    I imposed a damage per day per player cap. So far most observe it, those that do not...
  • Maviand
    11 posts Member
    Options
    The solution to this is adding an extra rancor tier with better rewards.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    We are simple. We open raid, people can post zero, raid start time is 1:30 the next day, people that want to solo it preload and can't post till 1:40. Raid is over usually before 1:40. You break the rules you sit out next raid without rewards. Do it again and you aren't a teamplayer so we don't want or need you.

Not allowing preloading is crazy and I would never join a guild like that. People play when they can so they put it on airplane mode and post at 1:40. No reason to ruin people's fun because they can't sit in the bathroom at work for an hour cause of silly rules about preloading. People spend time and money building raid teams so why ruin that for them?

Everyone once in awhile someone might accidently post early and as long as they apologize to the guild and are remorseful we'll let it slide. Had some abuse this last rule multiple times and they are no longer with us.
  • Mattikin
    107 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Maviand wrote: »

This would be good, alternately, I'd imagine most guilds who can complete Rancor in an hour would even take a harder tier with no additional rewards so that everyone can get a chance to post some damage.

That would also remove the worry about the new tier splitting guilds.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mattikin wrote: »

This would be good, alternately, I'd imagine most guilds who can complete Rancor in an hour would even take a harder tier with no additional rewards so that everyone can get a chance to post some damage.

How much harder? Guild complete this raid in less than an hour, about 45+ min for a solo run.

I imagine it would need to be a lot harder to make it actually difficult for guilds to complete.

I would rather have another raid, than a new tier of the same thing but with a crazy change to make it more difficult.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Excellent Solution
    warmonkey wrote: »
    We are simple. We open raid, people can post zero, raid start time is 1:30 the next day, people that want to solo it preload and can't post till 1:40. Raid is over usually before 1:40. You break the rules you sit out next raid without rewards. Do it again and you aren't a teamplayer so we don't want or need you.

Not allowing preloading is crazy and I would never join a guild like that. People play when they can so they put it on airplane mode and post at 1:40. No reason to ruin people's fun because they can't sit in the bathroom at work for an hour cause of silly rules about preloading. People spend time and money building raid teams so why ruin that for them?

Everyone once in awhile someone might accidently post early and as long as they apologize to the guild and are remorseful we'll let it slide. Had some abuse this last rule multiple times and they are no longer with us.

A solution for noobish guild with no member that can solo or just doesn't care about the rewards.
    I imposed a damage per day per player cap. So far most observe it, those that do not...

• Baldusi
    85 posts Member
    Options
    There's a threshold of players, where most of the guild can only do 300k~1M, where they all go in at the same time, and each phase is finished in 3minutes. Those that solo usually take 20~30min. So the actual problem are those that put super Rebel teams that go fast and die early.
  • Options

Thank you. That seems to be the consensus, I will try that
  • Options
    I have had to remove 3 players in the last 12 hours for ignoring the no damage 24hr rule.Leaders need better control over raids.

We have had similarge issues and have a one warning only system. If they do it a second time they are removed
  • Options
    TheBinder wrote: »
    Few ways you could handle it. One option is to make a rule where people can't preload the other is to allow preloading but don't allow them to register damage until a set time.

In either case you will have to punish those that don't follow the rules. In my guild anyone who hits the raid early has to sit out the rest of the raid and can't register a score at all on the next raid of the same kind.

TheBinder wrote: »

Thank you. I will certainly suggest the miss a raid rule.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    We have this rule; 15 min damage hold after it's ffa (which is at 24 hours). 30 min if you solo more than 2 stages. If someone doesn't abide by the rule they get a warning. 3 warnings and you're out. I have no idea how it can be done without enforcement. It's a lots of job for officers too. But after you make the transition, you can be sure almost everyone will be on with it after a few raids. Rest is just mistakes.

Thank you. This seems to be the general consensus and we will be applying similar rules
  • Options
    Revi wrote: »
    The 24h rule is there so everyone gets a reward... That is its sole purpose.... Therefor starting the raid before 24h and registering your damage after the 24h is up should not be a problem/rule break... I always jump into the pit before the 24hours so I get the full damage potential registered after the 24hours is up... otherwise id never get any damage done because you get people who are only register 100k-1m damage.

It doesn't help our Leader/Officer's never kick people who do break the no damage before the 24hours rule.

We have a 1 warning then out system for people who register a score early. I don't think anyone of our officers had considered playing early then registering after start. We will definitely give this system a go
  • Options
    Mattikin wrote: »

It takes us 15 mind without preloading scores I agree a new tier of rancour would be good
  • Options
    The problem is many join over and over, grab rewards, don't care if they get booted, change their name and come back, unless booting blocks by ally number?
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

I completely appreciate what you are saying. We had just never considered it and will be trying the new system of half an hour 'raid go' time than you for your input! :)
  • Options
    The problem is many join over and over, grab rewards, don't care if they get booted, change their name and come back, unless booting blocks by ally number?

We've never had that issue but it would be good to have a way to monitor it!
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

Wait.. Who pays 200 crystals to change their name, just to receive raid rewards? That's a joke..
  • Options
    we have been all over with rules...... so far the easiest has been 24 hours zero score rule.... at 24 hours an officers posts the raid is open but no one can post a score for 30 min and can only use one squad....at the 30 min mark an officers posts that scores can be posted

no one has complained at all.....

the hardest thing is to get every member on board and reading chat or what ever chat app your using
    ive gone thru a ton of members that just dont read chat... if you dont have time to read chat your booted.

it took 5 or so months of weeding out the problematic members but in the end it was worth it

what ever rule you stick with.... enforce it any way you can.... if that means booting members then just boot them... more come along every day

• Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Wait.. Who pays 200 crystals to change their name, just to receive raid rewards? That's a joke..

Changing your name once is free each month yes?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Changing your name once is free each month yes?

Don't think so. Try changing your in game name right now. Pretty sure it'll cost.
  • Options
    Everyone could do that. Or change the registration time to 30 minutes after the start time. Or restrict total points scored to under a million or take zero next raid. Or a combination of the above
  • Options
    Worst part about these types of threads is, it's like going to the midnight movie to watch a really bloody slasher film. Why? You just know at least one person there is taking notes.