Director Krennic's Story Prior to Rogue One.

Prev1
In case you didn't know, Krennics life story before the movie is relatively mysterious, and if you're not a book fan, it's unlikely you'll ever know about how much of an interesting character he was! So I went ahead and made a video detailing his life story from his birth, all the way up to when he finds Galen at the beginning of Rogue One! I hope you enjoy and learn something new :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYchHVZsxAg

Replies

• Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    Very good Video! Krennic is my favourite Character :)
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    What book is krennic in? I am currently reading Thrawn and it's amazing!
  • So when Krennic was announced for R1 I didn't care about him AT all, but Ben Mendelsohn's performance was GREAT and really drew me to the character. I like him more and more with each viewing. I felt the same was about Forrest Whitaker.
  • Svatlas wrote: »
    Very good Video! Krennic is my favourite Character :)

Thank you for watching! I thought Ben Mendelsohn did a great job!
  • Monel wrote: »

Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
  • So when Krennic was announced for R1 I didn't care about him AT all, but Ben Mendelsohn's performance was GREAT and really drew me to the character. I like him more and more with each viewing. I felt the same was about Forrest Whitaker.

I actually completely agree! DEPLOY THE GARRISON :)

The book is called "Catalyst", I'm reading it right now and it's pretty nice. There's a lot about Krennic's and Galen's past, actually whole book is about it xD
  • I loved Catalyst. I think it, Thrawn, and Tarkin are my favorites for the new canon novels. I'm working through the Aftermath series, which I enjoy, but those other three are my favorites.

I really enjoyed seeing Krennic's thoughts in Catalyst and I think it definitely enhances the Krennic we see in the movie.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I like the Aftermath novels plot and dialog but that present tense narrative is jarring. Love Tarkin and Thrash novels. Like Catalyst but it gets dense at times.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Catalyst is on of my most favorite books in the new canon and reading it made Rogue One even better. Great you did that Video. Krennic managed to be my third most favorite Star Wars Character after reading it. I am going to watch it later :)
    The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe
    -Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin
  • HK47isLife wrote: »
    So when Krennic was announced for R1 I didn't care about him AT all, but Ben Mendelsohn's performance was GREAT and really drew me to the character. I like him more and more with each viewing. I felt the same was about Forrest Whitaker.

Oh...It's beautiful...
    So when Krennic was announced for R1 I didn't care about him AT all, but Ben Mendelsohn's performance was GREAT and really drew me to the character. I like him more and more with each viewing. I felt the same was about Forrest Whitaker.

Oh...It's beautiful...

We stand here amidst MY achievement! Not yours!
    HK47isLife wrote: »

Oh...It's beautiful...

We stand here amidst MY achievement! Not yours!

That's his best line & delivery! That's the line that put me liking him over the top.
  • Oh, look! Here's Lyra, back from the dead. It's a miracle!
  • Oh, look! Here's Lyra, back from the dead. It's a miracle!

I would've loved to have seen the scene where he is walking across the beach.
    Oh, look! Here's Lyra, back from the dead. It's a miracle!

Are we blind! Deploy the garrison!

qq4efgli2ity.png
  • "Are you kidding me? I AM BLIND!"

Me too. They cut a lot of scenes from the trailer. Jyn running across the beach (I'm assuming Krennic beach scene is shortly after) the tie fighter stand off near the satellite control bridge.
  • "Are you kidding me? I AM BLIND!"

I think they found that answer vague and unconvincing.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member

mr4m4ife8sxy.png
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Catalyst is on of my most favorite books in the new canon and reading it made Rogue One even better. Great you did that Video. Krennic managed to be my third most favorite Star Wars Character after reading it. I am going to watch it later :)

Catalyst is one of my favorite as well but I really liked the Rogue One novel adaptation. The added segments with emails going back and forth from Galen and the Security Agent were perfect.

Me too. They cut a lot of scenes from the trailer. Jyn running across the beach (I'm assuming Krennic beach scene is shortly after) the tie fighter stand off near the satellite control bridge.

And more Vader :)

And more Vader :)

The amount of Vader was fine. Anymore and it would have been too much and taken the focus off the story at hand.
  • Riffinator wrote: »

mr4m4ife8sxy.png

Clever
  • Not just the novel but also the movie came into my favourite three. The golden medal goes to the Kenobi novel and to Darth Plagueis, so it gets the silver I think.
  • Fürkész wrote: »
    Not just the novel but also the movie came into my favourite three. The golden medal goes to the Kenobi novel and to Darth Plagueis, so it gets the silver I think.

What are your favorite 3? I think R1 is my #4 (or maybe tied with ROTS) behind the OT. My bottom 3 in no particular order are TFA, TPM, AOTC.
  • HK47isLife
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2017

I'm torn between R1 and Empire myself!
    Fürkész wrote: »
    Not just the novel but also the movie came into my favourite three. The golden medal goes to the Kenobi novel and to Darth Plagueis, so it gets the silver I think.

What are your favorite 3? I think R1 is my #4 (or maybe tied with ROTS) behind the OT. My bottom 3 in no particular order are TFA, TPM, AOTC.

I'm torn between R1 and Empire myself!
    Fürkész wrote: »

Nice! Empire is so good! I just love the OT as a whole and R1 was the best extension of that.

Thrawn is a fantastic book. Love the character