Only $89.99?!

With a deal like this I almost feel like I'm ripping EA off!

Here I was weighing up the options for my hard-earned money, when open my game to see this once-in-a-lifetime, limited time offer! To think that I had almost wasted my money on a couple AAA titles, or even a new jacket...

If I can be so bold as to switch sarcasm off for just a few moments: what the actual ****, EA?
Game developers work for years to create beloved AAA titles, and end up releasing their products for the same price as you're charging for....what? Nothing tangible, that's for sure!
Considering we don't take ownership for anything we're purchasing, you could at least try a little harder to make it worth such an absurdly high sum. There isn't even any new content - you may as well be printing your own money. Just pushing what's already on offer and reaping absurd rewards.

And to answer the predictable defenders of this policy: yes, I know no one is forcing us to buy it. But the fact is that there are enough people out there crazy/impulsive enough to reward this mind-blowing level of greed. If no one bought into this lunacy, they'd be forced to bring their prices down.
Anyway, despite enjoying certain aspects of the game, I had been considering uninstalling the game for reasons much like this. Looks like I just found the proverbial straw.

Replies

• Am I missing something? Jedi bundle is 59.99 right? And comes with $10 worth of crystals a d $10 worth of credits, plus other stuff worth a couple bucks. It's not all that bad, though could be better
  • I think they would make more if they broke down the bundle and sold then toons individually. I'd buy anakin for $5
  • Sonofnoob wrote: »
    I think they would make more if they broke down the bundle and sold then toons individually. I'd buy anakin for $5
    I'd have done the same with QGJ shards.

The odd thing about the bundles is that they often include a bunch of junk that people who have been playing for a little while don't need (i.e. all the shards/toons for toons we already have leveled.) It seems that would only pull a very few number of people - those who are just close enough to the Jedi challenge for the bundle to put them over (and only if they are dolphins/whales at that price) - and those dolphins/whales who don't have Anakin and don't feel like wasting the resources/time to grind him in the hard missions.

It's poor decisions like that that have me concerned about putting any more money into this game, as I think many of the decisions being made are very short-sighted.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • OP is probably Canadian or at least not US.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Cleaner wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Jedi bundle is 59.99 right?

Different currency most likely. OP is probably Canadian or Australian.
  • Be glad you and I won't pay for it and others will. I also think it's not worth it, go buy xcom2 AAA title for €50! :p
    I know it's not very promotive of me to say this but price is indeed insane for what you get imo.

I don't mind people spending and I would encourage them to do so, but the people that buy it and can't miss it are in my eyes victims. I can miss it for sure but at this point I rather spend my money elsewhere. Some crystals every now and then is good enouhg for me until a deal like the dooku or barriss one shows up again. Imo they should offer more and perhaps some lower priced ones to motivate moderate or low spenders to buy. Win win I think.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • The Mats are nice, million creds nice, crystals which I buy a lot are nice. It speeds up QGJ. I just wish not Ani, though I need him for collection.
  • The package of items is NICEEEEEEEE!! BUT for $60???!! Cmon!! Do it for $20 and I'd buy it today. Do it for $29.99 and I'd buy it eventually but $60??? Please...
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    It's insane to add packs for that price. There are whole games like Witcher 3, Assasin's creed, Battlefront, etc etc that offer 100.000 more things than this game does. And here they offer only the 0.1% of the game, for twice the price!!
    It's sad to see some companies to prey so much on weak minded people.
  • Right? Trust fund kids and rich nerds will get it, no one else. Although I figure that's where most their money comes from.
  • I have put a lot of time into this game considering it's only a mobile game and I would have bought the pack if it was around £20 not £44.99. I would rather spend that on a brand new full PS4 game etc. It's amazing to think that a mobile game add on could cost the same as a full console game etc.
  • Welcome to the forum!

I agree they should charge at least double for this fine bundle of Jedi and love. I also think making an account to just troll is a very low form of humor. You should stick with parody rather than deception.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum!

I agree they should charge at least double for this fine bundle of Jedi and love. I also think making an account to just troll is a very low form of humor. You should stick with parody rather than deception.

How incredibly presumptuous of you. Is there a set number of agreeable posts a new account must reach before posting something contentious? Until now this game has been a more-than-satisfactory time waster for me and little else, and as such I've had no reason to seek out the forums. But then this latest display of greed went and reared its ugly head, and this seemed the most logical place to seek some small sense of catharsis.

From what I've seen from browsing the various threads in this forum there seems to be a decent and loyal community at play. Expecting said community to fork over $60 US for something of this nature is a slap in the face, and it seems the majority here agree.

Anyway, I've had my rant. Good night and happy gaming all.
  • They need to start selling Shards, Gear and Ability Materials, plain and simple. Trying to attempt to put these packages together only leads to most being disappointed. EA/CG could solve this by just abandoning the whole idea of these packs, unless you make something that actually adds value to most teams....