[VID] Thrawn and GK in Arena - Part 3

WildGrunt
1230 posts Member
4 battles this time, enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/vF6qfX-nNys

Replies

• Great video. Trying to find my next arena squad. I have a maxed Thrawn and I'm currently running a wedge led team with chaze, R2 and GK. One question....with this squad how does GK's leader ability help this team. The description only says it benefits jedi and clone allies. What am I missing?
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    You usually have great videos - so I'm a fan WildG and appreciate your posts...but the last thing any of us needs to see is another re-packaged version of the same lame meta from the last 3+ months with GK / Chaze / DN as the core. Everyone thoroughly, completely, and totally understands what those 4 as a core can do and how you can play musical chairs with the 5th spot and still do a great job. Give me some funk Grunt!!! :)

EDIT: Though I do want to note...very dominating wins - definitely a great setup!
  • onk
    316 posts Member
    Great video! Can you do some battles on auto next time.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Great video. Trying to find my next arena squad. I have a maxed Thrawn and I'm currently running a wedge led team with chaze, R2 and GK. One question....with this squad how does GK's leader ability help this team. The description only says it benefits jedi and clone allies. What am I missing?

It benefits him greatly as it doubles his defense. Given that there is no faction synergy in the team I opted for that route to make him a much more durable tank
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    You usually have great videos - so I'm a fan WildG and appreciate your posts...but the last thing any of us needs to see is another re-packaged version of the same lame meta from the last 3+ months with GK / Chaze / DN as the core. Everyone thoroughly, completely, and totally understands what those 4 as a core can do and how you can play musical chairs with the 5th spot and still do a great job. Give me some funk Grunt!!! :)

EDIT: Though I do want to note...very dominating wins - definitely a great setup!

I'm also not happy with the cookie cutter teams to be honest, yet in order to complete with creative team you really have to have insane mods. I have decent mods but best I have on speed secondaries is +121 which won't cut it against the +140 we see floating around :/
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    How well does it do against Zaul teams? (Video? :) ) I tried the same team recently and it did well but totally fell apart against Zaul teams with Sith Assassin, as they were just too slow without Rex lead.

That being said, my GK is only gear 9 still. :D So maybe if he stays alive at gear 11 it would work.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    How well does it do against Zaul teams? (Video? :) ) I tried the same team recently and it did well but totally fell apart against Zaul teams with Sith Assassin, as they were just too slow without Rex lead.

That being said, my GK is only gear 9 still. :D So maybe if he stays alive at gear 11 it would work.

I didn't have an issue against Maul teams - even though they are almost extinct now - I'll make sure I record next time
  • WildGrunt wrote: »
    Great video. Trying to find my next arena squad. I have a maxed Thrawn and I'm currently running a wedge led team with chaze, R2 and GK. One question....with this squad how does GK's leader ability help this team. The description only says it benefits jedi and clone allies. What am I missing?

It benefits him greatly as it doubles his defense. Given that there is no faction synergy in the team I opted for that route to make him a much more durable tank

I see....thanks for explaining that!
  • evoluza wrote: »

Only helping himself. With baze, kenobi + thrawns protection gain Tanks live way longer. If you don't use chaze you can use zarriss and r2.

That makes sense...Thanks for the response!
  • You dont need Chaze, lol

#MEGA (Make Empire Great Again)

Don't be left out on the movement!
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    You dont need Chaze, lol

#MEGA (Make Empire Great Again)

Don't be left out on the movement!

#MEGA
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    You dont need Chaze, lol