Game update 7/12 [Mega-Dev Response]

Replies

• Nith
    22 posts Member
    I just hope Wicket will be just as good as those two
  • Way to screw over new players. Ewok events are level 75 and above. Talk about alienating newbies.

First off, thank you for your service.

But secondly, part of the latest update said that they were making the events playable for all levels.
    In other words, where they previously had the event tiers at 20, 40, 60, and 80, the tiers will now reflect the players level.

All that I am really unsure about at this time is whether or not the rewards will reflect the players level or not.

But all the new Ewoks should be unlockable by nearly all players. Also, the level 75 event is for an "Assault Battle" which has always been intended for level 75+ players. I don't believe that has, or will change.
    At least that is what I understood from it.

And again, thank you for your service! We need our medics!
  • NotReallyAJedi
    91 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Vampire_X wrote: »

Level Banded Events:
    Going forward, all Marquee events will employ the same level banding functionality seen in Flash Events. What this means is that every Marquee event you play will contain all tiers in your level range. For example, players at level 25 will now see 4 missions they can complete, rather than several missions too high level for them to participate in. Likewise, players at the level cap will have 4-5 missions which are tuned appropriately for them.

This sounds great, but will the players who are at higher levels also receive better rewards for the higher difficulty?
    Please note, I am absolutely NOT complaining about the manner in which I get free stuff! Just curious is all :)
    Also, I understand if you cannot answer this just yet.

"Better" is a subjective word, but I suspect once people lay out all the rewards the answer the Community will ultimately come to is, "yes".

That said, Level Banded Events (LBE, not to be confused with the LBC) are designed so that we can give more appropriate rewards to players at their current place in the game. Keep in mind that rewards are flexible and we always work to make sure that we're awarding players appropriately.

Also, we really want the content you participate in to be tuned for where you are in the game.

tenor.gif
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @USAFmedic129 Ewok Events general? Specific? This is the vaguest of vagueries!

Seems @Paladin033112 took the words right outta my mouth regarding Assault Battles. Please note that the new Ewok marquee events begin at lv 20+ so you can still make the fur fly!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    Vampire_X wrote: »

Level Banded Events:
    Going forward, all Marquee events will employ the same level banding functionality seen in Flash Events. What this means is that every Marquee event you play will contain all tiers in your level range. For example, players at level 25 will now see 4 missions they can complete, rather than several missions too high level for them to participate in. Likewise, players at the level cap will have 4-5 missions which are tuned appropriately for them.

This sounds great, but will the players who are at higher levels also receive better rewards for the higher difficulty?
    Please note, I am absolutely NOT complaining about the manner in which I get free stuff! Just curious is all :)

"Better" is a subjective word, but I suspect once people lay out all the rewards the answer the Community will ultimately come to is, "yes".

That said, Level Banded Events (LBE, not to be confused with the LBC) are designed so that we can give more appropriate rewards to players at their current place in the game. Keep in mind that rewards are flexible and we always work to make sure that we're awarding players appropriately.

Also, we really want the content you participate in to be tuned for where you are in the game.

tenor.gif

Much obliged! Hope you all have a great weekend ahead!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    That said, Level Banded Events (LBE, not to be confused with the LBC) are designed so that we can give more appropriate rewards to players at their current place in the game.
    Whoa, whoa... hold up. Aren't you, in fact, well qualified to represent the LBC? I mean, we're all just doin' time in summertime right now, but that would be sublime!
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!

• This sounds great, but will the players who are at higher levels also receive better rewards for the higher difficulty?

I'd think they would be the same for all.

https://swgoh.gg/db/events/code-name-fulcrum-marquee-event/

Take this event for example which has rewards identical to all other recent marquee events. Previously a low level player would only be able to complete 1 or 2 tiers so they wouldn't get the maximum number of shards available or credits. Now with all tiers being in level bands everyone over level 20 will be able to get the full 65 shards and 600k credits. No need to differentiate the rewards for higher and lower level bands in my opinion.

• Vinniarth wrote: »
    Well, they are great, but with 3 more ewoks added, who am I to leave behind? :(

The best ewok team will almost certainly be the 3 new ewoks plus scout and elder. They are completely non-functional without elder and scout is the only damage dealer (and the only one with a unique) with the chirpa damage nerf.

Anyone who zetas Chirpas leadership ability is insane IMO. It's just terrible and can actually work against you with the current ewok lineup.
  • dsteve
    91 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

The best ewok team will almost certainly be the 3 new ewoks plus scout and elder.

Interesting. That would mean having no leader ability!

• CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member

The best ewok team will almost certainly be the 3 new ewoks plus scout and elder. They are completely non-functional without elder and scout is the only damage dealer (and the only one with a unique) with the chirpa damage nerf.

Anyone who zetas Chirpas leadership ability is insane IMO. It's just terrible and can actually work against you with the current ewok lineup.

Since Wicket isn't going to have a leader ability you gotta have Chirpa or Teebo in there, right?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    dsteve wrote: »

The best ewok team will almost certainly be the 3 new ewoks plus scout and elder.

Wicket will have a leader ability, so...
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »

Nope....
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »

Nope....
    A-ha, we were bamboozled!
    Thanks for clarifying.
  • Kozispoon
    edited July 2017
    Heads up!

Per our Game Update Status post <<HERE>> We're implementing the wee-iest of wee hotfix updates today.
    • Implementing inbox messaging for Fulcrum Ahsoka (Detailed in Update notes)
    • Will require client restart. Plan accordingly!
  • Way to screw over new players. Ewok events are level 75 and above. Talk about alienating newbies.

First off, thank you for your service.

But secondly, part of the latest update said that they were making the events playable for all levels.
    In other words, where they previously had the event tiers at 20, 40, 60, and 80, the tiers will now reflect the players level.

All that I am really unsure about at this time is whether or not the rewards will reflect the players level or not.

But all the new Ewoks should be unlockable by nearly all players. Also, the level 75 event is for an "Assault Battle" which has always been intended for level 75+ players. I don't believe that has, or will change.
    At least that is what I understood from it.

And again, thank you for your service! We need our medics!

Just because they have "USAFmedic129" as their username doesn't mean that they actually served. Most times the person hasn't, I would know.

But to the matter at hand, I really do like that that all levels will be able to take part in the marquee events. I hope that the higher levels get better rewards though, as it would make it more fair I believe.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Just because they have "USAFmedic129" as their username doesn't mean that they actually served. Most times the person hasn't, I would know.

Yes, I served. Yes, I am retired. Yes, I deployed 54 times throughout my career as one of a handful of USAF medics trained in field operations. I started my career during Desert Shield and ended 2013.

Thank you Spoon and Paladin. I just saw the new postings. For the last few days the 2 upcoming events only showed level 75 team only in the queue next to the Emeperor event. Since I am so new to the game I still won't have the ability to complete the Emperor event either without spending tons on shards. So Emeperor is stuck 100/145 shards which I am sure will happen with Wickett as well.

I have already seen multiple people in Arenas with 7 star Emperors on their team. So this is yet another toon I will not get to grow and will have to contend with to move up with a rather bland team until I can unlock more content or get fed up and buy shards or quit.

We'll see how it goes. I was only able to get Fulcrum to 4 stars, so this will be interesting.
  • So when will we get The Tie Reaper, Cassians U-wing, and Kylo Rens ship in a farmable location? Other newer ships have already got theirs. Fleet packs don't count. U have to pay $ for those. Can we get a response from CG maybe?
  • Monel wrote: »
    Osik wrote: »
    Larger threats toam the forest, anyone?

there were creatures called gorax that were giant and ate ewoks, i think they were in the ewok movies...

Interesting and unique. I was thinking Battle of Endor walkers related.

I remember fighting these guys on rare occasions in SWG, miss that game still.

Miss that game immensely as well.
  • Ely wrote: »
    Where is cassian's ship?!?

+1
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So when will we get The Tie Reaper, Cassians U-wing, and Kylo Rens ship in a farmable location? Other newer ships have already got theirs. Fleet packs don't count. U have to pay $ for those. Can we get a response from CG maybe?

I am sorry to say, fleet packs do count. (I don't think all those ships are in there) you don't have to pay money to get crystals, while I think fleet packs would not be the best investment for a f2p at a high arena rank, it is possible.

For a long time, many characters were only available in chromium for "farming".
  • Kyno wrote: »
    So when will we get The Tie Reaper, Cassians U-wing, and Kylo Rens ship in a farmable location? Other newer ships have already got theirs. Fleet packs don't count. U have to pay $ for those. Can we get a response from CG maybe?

I am sorry to say, fleet packs do count. (I don't think all those ships are in there) you don't have to pay money to get crystals, while I think fleet packs would not be the best investment for a f2p at a high arena rank, it is possible.

If they count then where is Cassians ship, because it's not in the fleet packs
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

They announced that they are looking into releasing the missing ships in some kind of c new event since they weren't released in a marquee event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Riffinator wrote: »

Yes, as I noted they are not all there.

Cassian's ship is a bit of a special case as it was in an event that was cancelled, so technically it was never "released". If I had the answers I would share.

Ships in general need to get some love. I hope that's on the horizon after TB is released.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member

Cassian's ship is a bit of a special case as it was in an event that was cancelled, so technically it was never "released". If I had the answers I would share.

Ships in general need to get some love. I hope that's on the horizon after TB is released.

Sounds like it is on the horizon, at least from the podcast where they discussed Wicket's kit
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »

Since Wicket isn't going to have a leader ability you gotta have Chirpa or Teebo in there, right?

I had heard Wicket was going to have a leader ability. I guess he won't. This rework looks worse and worse by the minute, and it didn't look good to start with.

Which is a shame because I like them and have them all at 7 stars G11. Multiple low damage attacks are BAD in raids and arena.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member

However Cassians ship did have a $40 pack you could buy where you got the u-wing Cassian, K2, and Jyn
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Keep on your guard as something more roams the forest, seeking you out.

Please let this be Imperial Scout Trooper, and please let it be playable.

While I know that's 99.9% wrong, I also know that the Imperial Scout Trooper would be met with 99.9% approval. What better time to release him than an Ewok event?

Send it up the ladder @CG_Kozispoon >:)
  • Kozispoon
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    AT-ST
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
This discussion has been closed.