NPC's Rebel Luke, Jedi Temple Guard, Rebel Chewbacca, etc [DEV RESPONSE]

Krayden_Phogg
1685 posts Member
edited July 2017
So is anyone else frustrated (if that's the word) that some NPC's have been in the game since launch but we still can't use them and in some cases we are stuck with lesser versions (presumably) we don't even want? I'm EXTREMELY curious to know what their kits are. Rebel Luke for example has an ability that grants critical chance and evasion up. It also seems like he's tagged as a Jedi since some anti Jedi stuff worked against him. I'm surprised they haven't swapped out the toons we have for some of these NPC's already or at least release them to us to use.
Post edited by Krayden_Phogg on

Replies

• Corvus
    190 posts Member
    I have to agree its a shame there are soo many of those npc chars I want to have (most just for collection purpose ^^)
  • They should delete Jedi Knight Guardian and give us a Jedi Temple Guard
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It is very unlikely they will swap out a toon we have for someone else.

The whole point is longevity, they want to have characters that people want to be released later on. Don't worry we will get more rebels soon enough. :smiley:

• 2jar1binks wrote: »
    They should delete Jedi Knight Guardian and give us a Jedi Temple Guard
    Yeah, the guards do look a lot cooler
  • Omeah wrote: »
    If they swap them out, we get toons we want for free. If they release them as separate toons, we need to buy, farm, gear and mod new characters, so there's money potential. Ofc they will never give them for free. And I 100% agree with that. Your frustration is understandable, but your idea is dumb

They give every character for free. Sure there are options to buy shard packs, but not a single character a behind only a pay wall as the only means to get them. Plus the majority of the crappy toons these NPC's would replace, not everyone has or even wants. They could easily swap out JKG for JTG and then release a 20$ pack with his shards in it and make some money (especially if he has a solid kit and is viable like Sith Trooper or Sith Assassin.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It is very unlikely they will swap out a toon we have for someone else.

The whole point is longevity, they want to have characters that people want to be released later on. Don't worry we will get more rebels soon enough. :smiley:

Lol well it's not just Rebels persay, there's other non rebel NPC (Rey Starkiller base, Embo, etc) I just listed the 3 I want the most.
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Any chance of these NPC's being released as new toons to use or swapped out for their lesser used counterparts?
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Any chance of these NPC's being released as new toons to use or swapped out for their lesser used counterparts?

Guess not unless another dev wants to answer.

@Vampire_X
  • I'd say we get 'em sooner or later, Logray for example has been a NPC for quite awhile, yes? I would like them to hurry with B1 Battle Droid tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Yeah he was.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Any character within our game has the potential to be released. The exact dates on when that would be is another matter entirely.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Releasing characters that are in the game as opponents with full kits balanced for the current meta would be almost as much work as creating a new character from scratch. They might have less work to do in terms of the design of the look of the character and the animations for some of the skills (the ones they keep, anyway), but they still would need to design a whole kit and test the character in the current meta, and none of the work they did to make a PvE version would help with any of that.
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Any character within our game has the potential to be released. The exact dates on when that would be is another matter entirely.

Thanks for the reply @CG_Kozispoon ! Another question. Would you guys ever swap out a never or rarely used toon for another similar one? Like for example swapping out Jedi Knight Guardian (who's AOE ability block is ok, but the rest of her kit is garbadge and she's just bad overall) for Jedi Temple Guard with a kit that makes him (or her) viable like Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper or Clone Sergant?
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Thanks for the reply @CG_Kozispoon ! Another question. Would you guys ever swap out a never or rarely used toon for another similar one? Like for example swapping out Jedi Knight Guardian (who's AOE ability block is ok, but the rest of her kit is garbadge and she's just bad overall) for Jedi Temple Guard with a kit that makes him (or her) viable like Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper or Clone Sergant?

Nope. Once characters are released in the wild they are not exchanged or removed.
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Nope. Once characters are released in the wild they are not exchanged or removed.

OK, good to know! Thanks for the reply @CG_NotReallyAJedi !