All Star Wars movies ranked -- [DEV RESPONSE]

13Next

Replies

• fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (10/10)
    Star Trek: First Contact (9.9/10)
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (9.5/10)
    Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (9/10)
    Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (8.5/10)
    Star Trek (2009) (8/10)
    Star Trek: Insurrection (7.5/10)
    Star Trek: Nemesis (7/10)
    Star Trek Into Darkness (6/10)
    Star Trek Beyond (5/10)
    Star Trek Generations (3/10)
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1.5/10)
    Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1/10)

6fBpbEM.gif

Right!? I mean 7/10 for Nemesis... smh
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    fascizio wrote: »
    But Kylo is already a Skywalker, so he could fill that in that piece. I think it'd be cool if she were a granddaughter of Kenobi, but then who would be the Grandma? A side piece from Tatooine seems unlikely/uninteresting/out of character, but with Satine dead I'm hard pressed to come up with someone else.... I've also seen theories that she's a Palpatine... not so sure about that one.
    Kathleen Kennedy stated that the core movies "focus on the Skywalker family saga". I don't think there's enough focus on Kylo or even Luke at this point to justify that tenet. And it explains quite a few things, such as why Leia goes to hug Rey (who she'd ostensibly never met before) ahead of Chewie, right after Han's death.

Fair enough. I'm convinced that at the very least Han and Leia knew/know who she is. When she's on the ship with Han and she tells him she didn't know this much green existed, the look he gives her makes it seem like there's more pain to that than just an "oh that's kinda sad" sort of moment.
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    And why Rey reacts so strongly to Anakin's lightsaber. Despite Kylo believing that Anakin's lightsaber should rightfully belong to him as Anakin's grandson through Leia, it seems to have more of an affinity with Rey, as evidenced by the scene at the end of TFA.

I could see that, but to be fair OBK technically owned that lightsaber longer than Anakin did ;)

But we've kinda hijacked this thread... I'll stop now...
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/OstlcHLRHg8

I'll see myself out now. :)
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    1. ESB (would that they were all this good)
    2. ANH (spaceships, laser swords, farmboys, and princesses! woo-hoo)
    3. TFA (after all, it's just like ANH, but more of a modern-edgy feel)
    4. RO (solid addition to the franchise)
    5. ROTJ (ewoks? :s )
    6. ROTS (far too rushed, could have spent 8 hours on this story alone)
    7. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
    8. AOTC (complete waste of time)
    9. TPM (completest waste of time, and midichlorians)
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    5, 6, 4, RO, 3, 1, distant 2, all other movies, 7
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    5,4,7,6,ro,3,2,1. Im absolutely astonished that someone would consider 3 "flawless" and even consider 4 for last place. I mean really. Worse than ep 1?
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    The Force Awakens was the most disappointing SW movie for me by far.

Complete lack of originality. Blatant plagiarism of ANH in its main storylines. Profanities such as Finn using a lightsaber, or Rey self-teaching herself how to use the force by "focusing".

And I'm sure JJ Abrams will be spoiling Empire Strikes Back for the next movie because he/disney just want to re-build a fan base with the youth and think reheating the original trilogy will do the trick.

I expect First Order to win big in the next movie.

JJ Abrams isn't the director for TLJ mate, they're following the Marvel template with a different director for each film. Rian Johnson is directing if I remember correctly.

@Darth_Julienus1

I thought Johnson is not only doing Ep8 but Ep9 as well
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

Complete lack of originality. Blatant plagiarism of ANH in its main storylines. Profanities such as Finn using a lightsaber, or Rey self-teaching herself how to use the force by "focusing".

And I'm sure JJ Abrams will be spoiling Empire Strikes Back for the next movie because he/disney just want to re-build a fan base with the youth and think reheating the original trilogy will do the trick.

JJ Abrams isn't the director for TLJ mate, they're following the Marvel template with a different director for each film. Rian Johnson is directing if I remember correctly.

@Darth_Julienus1

Anyone but JJAbrams haha. He should have stayed with Star Trek
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

@Darth_Julienus1

Colin treverrow (director of Jurassic World) is directing episode 9
  • Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

None of them are bad though, even AOTC had it's moments.

I agree with this order 100%
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

I'm just wondering, why does everyone like rogue one so much? I thought it was a good movie, but I'm just curious.
  • Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

I'm just wondering, why does everyone like rogue one so much? I thought it was a good movie, but I'm just curious.

Think of the prequels before Rogue One. Rogue One was a prequel movie
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

The battle over Scariff is, imo, the best space battle in Star Wars, which scores major points for this movie in my book.

Additionally seeing Vader as terror incarnate in the last scene was something I wanted to see on film since... well like ever, lol.

Finally, although some of them certainly don't get a lot of development (chaze, I'm looking at you), there are a lot of very interesting characters in RO. Cassian in particular kinda shows the Rebels in a different, more grey, light than what we get in most of the other movies where the Rebels are the shining light good guys. I like K2 and Jyn as well, and Krennic is pretty compelling in that he's not the super-competent awesome villain like Thrawn or Vader, but still gets the job done, and yet gets shafted like so many Imperials eventually do. One of those bad guys you can feel for.
  • Options
    What are your favorite Star Wars movies listed from 1-7? List in order having #1 be the best and #7 being the worst/least best. Also give a rating out of ten if you want. You may also include other movies, like rogue one, the clone wars, etc.
    For me it's this:
    #1: A new hope 10/10
    #2: empire strikes back 9.5/10
    #3: revenge of the sith 8.5/10
    #4: return of the Jedi 8/10
    #5: rogue one 7.75/10
    #6: the force awakens 7/10
    #7: the phantom menace 6.5/10
    #8: attack of the clones 5.5/10
    #9: the clone wars movie 4/10
    What are your guys's's lists?

9th: Whatever that CW Movie even was. (?)
    8th: The Phantom Menace. (PT)
    7th: The Attack of the Clones. (PT)
    6th: The Force Awakens. (ST)
    5th: Return of the Jedi. (OT)
    4th: Revenge of the Sith. (PT)
    3rd: A New Hope. (OT)
    2nd: Rogue One. (?)
    1st: The Empire Strikes Back.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Options
  • Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

How can you seriously put episode 1 above TFA?
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

Different people have different opinions n'stuff. And also probably because TFA wasn't all that great and TPM had darth maul, so there for = at least semi-good (if you don't count Jarjar)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

Different people have different opinions n'stuff. And also probably because TFA wasn't all that great and TPM had darth maul, so there for = at least semi-good (if you don't count Jarjar)

Why do you like darth maul? (Honest question) He's barely in the movie, he has no purpose in the plot other than to have an excuse for a lightsaber fight or two, he has no dialogue (ok, he has like, two lines. Not enough to have a personality), he has no discernible character traits or personality, he has zero connection to any of the main characters, and he has no apparent motivation or goals (killing the jedi is too vague)
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

Why do you like darth maul? (Honest question) He's barely in the movie, he has no purpose in the plot other than to have an excuse for a lightsaber fight or two, he has no dialogue (ok, he has like, two lines. Not enough to have a personality), he has no discernible character traits or personality, he has zero connection to any of the main characters, and he has no apparent motivation or goals (killing the jedi is too vague)

The clone wars tv series, and The Wrath of Darth Maul book are why I like maul. There's this complicated thing where he hates sidious but also wants to make him proud of him n'stuff. Also the reason he hates jedi is because sidious literally raised him to be the that way, alongside other lessons like don't flinch or I'll kill you, don't cry or I'll kill you, etc. Sheev is such a nice guy ya know?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

The clone wars tv series, and The Wrath of Darth Maul book are why I like maul. There's this complicated thing where he hates sidious but also wants to make him proud of him n'stuff. Also the reason he hates jedi is because sidious literally raised him to be the that way, alongside other lessons like don't flinch or I'll kill you, don't cry or I'll kill you, etc. Sheev is such a nice guy ya know?

Well i get all that stuff. He's one of my favorite characters in Clone Wars. But you said he was your favorite part of the phantom menace. Just because actual writers gave him a character later doesn't mean thats retroactively applied to his portrayal in PM.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

Well i get all that stuff. He's one of my favorite characters in Clone Wars. But you said he was your favorite part of the phantom menace. Just because actual writers gave him a character later doesn't mean thats retroactively applied to his portrayal in PM.

I'm saying darth maul (alongside a few other things, like qui gon, the action scenes, and the concepts for all the different droids) was the best part of the movie for me. Plus I'm not that big a fan of TFA but I still like it over 1
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

I'm saying darth maul (alongside a few other things, like qui gon, the action scenes, and the concepts for all the different droids) was the best part of the movie for me. Plus I'm not that big a fan of TFA but I still like it over 1

Im just curious as to why hes your favorite part of the movie. You've explained why you like him in other portrayals, but not Phantom
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

Im just curious as to why hes your favorite part of the movie. You've explained why you like him in other portrayals, but not Phantom

Because the rest of the movie blows. Duh
    Naw but for real I just always thought he was cool n'stuff
  • Options
    The motion picture, wrath of khan, search for spock, save the whales... ahh hell they just get worse and worse just list em in chronological order ;)

Oh Star WARS...

ESB
    ANH
    ROTJ
    RO
    PM
    AOTC ROTS. These two just feel like the same movie, different stuff happens but they don't have their own unique feel like the others do.

• Options
    Empire, Rogue One, New Hope, Jedi, Force Awakens, Revenge of the Sith, Attack of the Clones, Phantom Menace.

Empire and Rogue are just good movies on their own. Without being Star Wars movies. New Hope and Jedi are good Star Wars movies. Force Awakens is a good, if unoriginal SW movie.

The prequels are all objectively bad movies but at least Revenge of the Sith is a half decent SW movie
  • Options
    1. Rogue One
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Force Awakens
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. Attack of the Clones
    8. Phantom Menace ( qui-gon is my favorite jedi though )
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    1)New Hope/Empire Strikes Back 20 of 20

3)Force Awakens 16 of 20

4)Return of the Jedi 15 of 20

5)Revenge of the Sith/Rogue One 14 of 20

7)Phantom Menace 13 of 20

8)Clone Wars Movie 7 of 20

9)Attack of the Clones 5 of 20

10)Spark of Rebellion Movie 3 of 20

11) Caravan of Courage 2 of 20