Biggs ship

Drax_77
1076 posts Member
Anyone else noticed this? I was in a battle today against aa lead, Biggs, vader, slave1, scimitar and random 5th I don't remember now. I kept a close eye on his Biggs ship and every single time slave 1, vader or his Biggs took a turn, his Biggs ship regenerated protection at the begging of each of their turns, and again if they landed a target lock.

Unless im missing a mechanic somewhere then this has to be a bug, I've never seen anywhere that gives him protection regen at the begging of the turn.

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    At the end of each of your ship's turns, the target lock can expire and instantly be reapplied. So if your ship goes, then their ship goes afterwards, it would explain the gain "at the beginning of their turn."

It's a Tie Advanced mechanic. Like zVader DoTs.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Hmm, that may be a possibility, I'll have to look more closely next battle, thx for the info.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If Vader is present, target lock is reapplied. So whoever ended their last turn, target lock expired and then reapplied at what looks like the beginning of the next turn.

That's my guess at least.

I have also seen some odd behavior when hitting an opponent with target lock and "reapplying " that will grant protection. But I don't think the mechanics reapply the the 2 turn timer.... not sure if this is WAI.

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Hmm, that may be a possibility, I'll have to look more closely next battle, thx for the info.

tumblr_o2r0c34mzc1s3olk1o2_400.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    At the end of each of your ship's turns, the target lock can expire and instantly be reapplied. So if your ship goes, then their ship goes afterwards, it would explain the gain "at the beginning of their turn."

Forum sniped.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Forum sniped.

Haha. Happens to me all the time ;)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    This also happens if a ship attempts to cleanse the DoT, such as Home1's heal/advantage ability. Try to avoid doing that if there's an enemy biggs present, unless he's already at full protection.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Slave 1 can fire 3x, each of which can apply Target Lock and feed Biggs protection.