Tenacity up just makes you immune?

Prev1
ScotBott
166 posts Member
I thought tenacity up just increased chances to resist not make them perfectly immune to debuff. These arena teams got perma tenacity up the whole round, can't get a single debuff to take.....QQ

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Cant remember maths of it but tenacity up just goes against your resistance against opponents potency... its questionable at times
  • StarSon
    7424 posts Member
    Tenacity Up grants 999900% tenacity, making you immune to anything that does a resistance check. It is cancelled out completely by Tenacity Down.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Tenacity Up grants 999900% tenacity, making you immune to anything that does a resistance check. It is cancelled out completely by Tenacity Down.

Thats is not entirely accurate. A toon will always have a 15% chance to resist even with tenacity down.
  • StarSon
    7424 posts Member
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Thats is not entirely accurate. A toon will always have a 15% chance to resist even with tenacity down.

They will have a minimum. But what I meant was Tenacity Down will completely cancel out Tenacity Up, which is exactly accurate. If you have both statuses, you are returned to your normal level of tenacity.
  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »

He said that Tenacity Down cancels Tenacity Up, which is indeed true.
  • StarSon
    7424 posts Member

This guy gets it.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

Exactly. He did not say that tenacity down caused debuffs to be irresistible. That would not be accurate. But saying it cancels tenacity up is correct.

Also, tenacity up doesn't prevent debuffs that are irresistible.
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    B2 loves to eat tenacity up.
  • I guess calling the buff Good Lucky Trying To Stick A Debuff, was to long of a name so they just called it Tenacity Up in stead.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Cant remember maths of it but tenacity up just goes against your resistance against opponents potency... its questionable at times
    No. There's a guaranteed 15% base chance to resist a debuff, but not a likewise guaranteed 15% base chance to stick a debuff. So if you raise the tenacity up that high, it's a guaranteed resist, unless the ability is irresistible.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    I guess calling the buff Good Lucky Trying To Stick A Debuff, was to long of a name so they just called it Tenacity Up in stead.

No there is actually no way for you to put a debuff on a toon with Tenacity Up. In it's description it actually says "this character is immune to debuffs".
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    I guess calling the buff Good Lucky Trying To Stick A Debuff, was to long of a name so they just called it Tenacity Up in stead.

No there is actually no way for you to put a debuff on a toon with Tenacity Up. In it's description it actually says "this character is immune to debuffs".

Tenacity down that will land through tenacity up. Deathmark will land through tenacity up. Fracture will land through tenacity up. Vader can apply ability block on a Jedi through tenacity up. Tarkin will apply offense down and crit down on rebels with tenacity up. There are more situations like this.

So your "no way for you to put a debuff on a toon with tenacity up" is not really accurate. It's better to say, "tenacity up will always resist any resistible applications of debuffs."
  • Tenacity up needs to be changed. There should be the standard 15% chance to apply, just like any other buff or debuff. I wouldn't mind an immunity buff but it should be a separate special & state as much.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Tenacity up needs to be changed. There should be the standard 15% chance to apply, just like any other buff or debuff. I wouldn't mind an immunity buff but it should be a separate special & state as much.
    That's not the way Tenacity works, even without Tenacity Up. It may seem that way simply because even a small amount of Potency will make it nearly impossible for the other side to stack enough Tenacity (without Tenacity Up) to guarantee 100% resist rate, but it's not.
    And Tenacity/Potency obviously only affect debuffs, not buffs.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Darlex11
    235 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Tenacity up needs to be changed. There should be the standard 15% chance to apply, just like any other buff or debuff. I wouldn't mind an immunity buff but it should be a separate special & state as much.
    That's not the way Tenacity works, even without Tenacity Up. It may seem that way simply because even a small amount of Potency will make it nearly impossible for the other side to stack enough Tenacity (without Tenacity Up) to guarantee 100% resist rate, but it's not.

Thats a fun idea. Make tenacity effect buffs/debuffs the same. That way it isn't a cure-all for teams to become immune to opponent effects and would require some actual strategy/thinking in use.
  • Nebulous wrote: »

Tenacity down that will land through tenacity up. Deathmark will land through tenacity up. Fracture will land through tenacity up. Vader can apply ability block on a Jedi through tenacity up. Tarkin will apply offense down and crit down on rebels with tenacity up. There are more situations like this.

So your "no way for you to put a debuff on a toon with tenacity up" is not really accurate. It's better to say, "tenacity up will always resist any resistible applications of debuffs."

Those are irresistible abilities, of course they would land. Also I am telling you what the description says, and it's completely correct, no debuff can land, unless it is specifically said in it's description that it can not be resisted.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »

Apparently you completely didn't understand my comment... Tenacity up is 100% resist... what game have you been playing? To put it more simply, tenacity up should work the same way tenacity down does...
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member

Apparently you completely didn't understand my comment... Tenacity up is 100% resist... what game have you been playing? To put it more simply, tenacity up should work the same way tenacity down does...

They are the same, the 15% minimum resist chance is unrelated to tenacity down because it can't be resisted but other debuffs always have that chance to be resisted even without tenacity down. There are still debuffs that don't work the same way as their positive counterpart, like evasion up and evasion down
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    As much as I'd love to see Tenacity up just be +100% tenacity and Tenacity Down be the opposite (-100%), if they made that change they're be a mob of players with maxed Rex, Chirrut, and Yoda screaming "NERF!". I think they've painted themselves in the corner a long time ago with Yoda's initial kit, which is why buff removal, cooldown decrease, and Tenacity Down no longer require tenacity checks, and some dark side abilities are irresistible.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Dengar solves all of this
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

I'm not the one misunderstanding. Tenacity Up and Tenacity Down are perfect opposites. T.Up is +999000% Tenacity, T.Down is -999900% Tenacity.
    The only difference is in the way that the game handles Potency/Tenacity checks, not the buff/debuff themselves.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »

Those are irresistible abilities, of course they would land. Also I am telling you what the description says, and it's completely correct, no debuff can land, unless it is specifically said in it's description that it can not be resisted.

You said, "no there is no way for you to put a debuff on a toon with tenacity up." This is inaccurate. Regardless if what I used is irresistible.

I know what 'tenacity up' tooltip displays, but I've seen too many posts about ten up and ten down with wrong information. So, when talking about nothing can debuff a ten up buffed hero, caveat it with some buffs can still land, such as those that can never be resisted (fracture, deathmark, ten down, etc.) and those with irresistible clauses (Tarkin and rebels, Vader and Jedi, etc.) so that people understand that their are exceptions.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »

I'm not the one misunderstanding. Tenacity Up and Tenacity Down are perfect opposites. T.Up is +999000% Tenacity, T.Down is -999900% Tenacity.
    The only difference is in the way that the game handles Potency/Tenacity checks, not the buff/debuff themselves.

Tenacity up is 100%, that's a huge difference. As I stated previously, I'm not against a new toon having an ability that guaranteed such but it shouldn't be tenacity up. Tenacity up worked well the way it is a year ago, not so much now. Now it's an issue that hurts strategy & arena in general... I'd be fine if it was +99.9000%, which i think is the mark you were shooting for, but that's simply not true. Toons resist frequently when tenacity down is applied... the reverse absolutely does not work like that... unless a debuff is irresistible tenacity up resists 100% of the time.
  • Yes well, T up is mostly debuff immunity, unless you are K2 and Cassian gives you that T up to start the match, and somebody nails a debuff on you anyway. That's when I decided it was time to pull those guys from my arena team.
    No, I don't have a pic or proof. But it happened.
  • Yes well, T up is mostly debuff immunity, unless you are K2 and Cassian gives you that T up to start the match, and somebody nails a debuff on you anyway. That's when I decided it was time to pull those guys from my arena team.

That's because certain moves, DN unique for example, are irresistible...

This was quite a while ago. DN was not a thing. Nor was Thrawn.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Yes well, T up is mostly debuff immunity, unless you are K2 and Cassian gives you that T up to start the match, and somebody nails a debuff on you anyway. That's when I decided it was time to pull those guys from my arena team.

DN's unique can be resisted.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Yes well, T up is mostly debuff immunity, unless you are K2 and Cassian gives you that T up to start the match, and somebody nails a debuff on you anyway. That's when I decided it was time to pull those guys from my arena team.

This was quite a while ago. DN was not a thing. Nor was Thrawn.

It's probably that k2 is a rebel and some skills bypass immunity when with rebel tag.
  • Nebulous wrote: »

DN's unique can be resisted.

You are quite right, I misspoke, it's one of a few that will apply through tenacity up... use whatever term you'd like