The final Goal in this game.

Cloud24
206 posts Member
edited July 2017
So you've been working on your account for atleast 1 year or quite a few months in attempt to make it to the top? well congratz! the final push for you to reach the top is::

Joining your discord/ line of your arena shard and hopping that they accept you.

if not enjoy getting teamed on in a "1vs1 arena"-sarcasm or enjoy worst

Replies

• Only way to keep those not deserving the top spots out of them. If it took you over a year and an easy on offense arena to get to the top you didn't put in the hard work to get there
  • Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Only way to keep those not deserving the top spots out of them. If it took you over a year and an easy on offense arena to get to the top you didn't put in the hard work to get there

Calling anything in this game hard work, is ridiculous. Lol. It is a game, after all.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Staying glued to your phone for an hour during payout...i consider it a chore, a pain, work. 1 needless hour out of my 24 wasted daily. I don't wanna surrender 4% more of my life to Arena when I can work w/ shard mates to ensure payout, share ideas, vids of teams on D etc. and having chatted w/ these same folks for over a year, I can trust not 2 b sniped and so can they.

If u think I am gonna let someone else come in and screw that up, you've got another thing coming. BTW, it's only a sense of entitlement if u expect something u haven't earned.
    Only way to keep those not deserving the top spots out of them. If it took you over a year and an easy on offense arena to get to the top you didn't put in the hard work to get there

Calling anything in this game hard work, is ridiculous. Lol. It is a game, after all.

If that's your attitude then don't expect to do well in the game
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

Top 5 on my primary account top 50 on an alternate. The minute this starts feeling like work...I do enough of that to not also have to do it in a game. I suppose if you're unemployed, playing a game that feels like work could be rewarding in some way.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

Top 5 on my primary account top 50 on an alternate. The minute this starts feeling like work...I do enough of that to not also have to do it in a game. I suppose if you're unemployed, playing a game that feels like work could be rewarding in some way.

Quick question, do you have comepletely separate toons on your alternate account? For example, I run Resistance and Empire on my account now, but I was thinking about starting a rebel and separatist account. Isn't it a bit of a chore? How frustarting is it when the meta shifts, adjusting on two accounts? Just looking to get an idea of the cost and reward here.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator

And getting a lucky draw and being at the top from day 1, thus getting more rewards faster is so much harder? I say if someone gets all the way to the top after a year, they are more deserving and worked harder to get there.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

And getting a lucky draw and being at the top from day 1, thus getting more rewards faster is so much harder? I say if someone gets all the way to the top after a year, they are more deserving and worked harder to get there.

I struggled for a while but put in the effort, took the initiative, and got to rank 1before mods even came out. I start rank 5000+. I saved crystals for weeks to buy furnaces in shipments to advance my team and move up. What do people do now? Throw in triple cleanse? Slap a zeta on Kylo? Mods are almost irrelevant in this meta so no need to go crazy farming those. So no, taking a year means you did not invest time and resources, and most importantly you did not take risks, therefore you weren't there fighting thick and thin for your payout to be recognized by your shardmates. You're already doing better than you should
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Final Goal: Last man standing when they turn off the lights.
  • Final Goal: Don't do anything stupid, and eventually complete every level, event, challenge etc.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Ok I think we can all agree when I say the arena system is severely flawed. The fact that you can lock someone out of battles just so they can't try to have their own road to success is a pretty crappy thing to do. The fact that you have to communicate with a bunch of other people outside the app only to get into a routine is a pretty crappy thing to do. The fact that there are people who can go so low and cowardly as to push people away from the top just so the same group of people that have been in the top 5 for the last year is pretty crappy. Blocking people out of arena for a half hour before payout is a broken aspect of this game and needs to be fixed in someway.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Final Goal: Last man standing when they turn off the lights.

Haha. This.

All good things must come to a conclusion.
  • I read a suggestion somewhere that arena payout should be based on highest rank within some payout window - one hour, two hours, six hours, etc. Seems reasonable to me, but it would mean more free crystals are being given away, so there's that.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    It sucks that the games built to team up on people not in a discord group. The group on my main is pretty nice, we don't team up on anyone, we're just in a group and don't snipe one another. Really no assisting at payout time. The other group on my FTP is a huge number of whales, that will team up on anyone fighting for someone's payout spot. I can see how it is very unfair to those not in the group.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    I just realized how incredibly ironic it is. I do more coordinating and teamwork with my shardmates (who are supposed to be my enemies), than my guild.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I just realized how incredibly ironic it is. I do more coordinating and teamwork with my shardmates (who are supposed to be my enemies), than my guild.

with any hope Territory battles will change that.
  • I don't think mods are irrelevant
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

This is funny. Sad and true....but funny.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Ok I think we can all agree when I say the arena system is severely flawed. The fact that you can lock someone out of battles just so they can't try to have their own road to success is a pretty **** thing to do. The fact that you have to communicate with a bunch of other people outside the app only to get into a routine is a pretty **** thing to do. The fact that there are people who can go so low and cowardly as to push people away from the top just so the same group of people that have been in the top 5 for the last year is pretty ****. Blocking people out of arena for a half hour before payout is a broken aspect of this game and needs to be fixed in someway.

YES
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member

!!sigh...
  • Maxed out mob enforcer is the final thing to do in this game, after every thing else is done ;)
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    ... and i soo much hope, the "new game mode" (Territory battles) will change this, because the only (to be meant) cooperation within a guild is raid, what in reality is a guild-internal kind of arena, where everyone tries to outdamage his "mates". It starts being co-operation, once everyone has Han/GK at 7*, but til than its a competition and no cooperation (a major fail in game design).
    There were plenty of ideas to change it, but the devs ignored/refused them all.
    Now, the hope lies on the new game type, as its promised to be cooperative (finally).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Final goal in the game is spending a boat load of cash on mods and being severely disapointed
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    #1 in arena isn't really end game stuff...
  • Maxed out mob enforcer is the final thing to do in this game, after every thing else is done ;)

+1
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »

Quick question, do you have comepletely separate toons on your alternate account? For example, I run Resistance and Empire on my account now, but I was thinking about starting a rebel and separatist account. Isn't it a bit of a chore? How frustarting is it when the meta shifts, adjusting on two accounts? Just looking to get an idea of the cost and reward here.

@ExarTheKun

I totally do. On my main I run a Zader/thrawn squad, but dream of FO. Soooo on my alternate(level 73), I run the easy Wiggs, while I star and gear my FO squad. They are far from arena ready, but I can't wait as they look like so much fun.

I spend nothing on my alt. There are 2 FO squads in my main top 50. That's what I'm aiming for on the alt. If I don't make it with FO, I don't care. I wanna use them. I'm not the biggest fan of kylo, more of a movie hate, but he is darn good in this game and I can put my dislike aside to run FO. 4 zetas tho....I'm 7 months into my main and don't even have three yet!

You mean you haven't even started maxing CUP yet? Noob.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Accumulate 5000 salvage of Electrobinoculars Mk8.

Or look at a the gear on node 7D (hint: a stun cuff), and the list of toons that desperately want one is... empty.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

I tried that, and have had some success; but there is a reason the meta is the meta is the meta.

What I want to play zDV, Boba, zSid, ST, (Rotate between DN, B2, zKylo, and TFP)
    If I want to stay in the top 10... I play Rex(L), Chirruit, Baze, DN, R2.

My Alt account: Normally I play zMaul(L), DN, zKylo, zSavage, and SiT
    What I want to play DN(L), Dooku, EP, SiT, Sid