Emperor's Demise (Phoenix Squadron)

Corrog
308 posts Member
Apologies if it's been touched on today already, but I wanted to let everyone know Phoenix squadron worked well in the Emperor event. Really well.

I have Phoenix leveled to 85 in their entirety, and all modded to what most seem to consider 'meh' levels (5* defense mods, though very few have speed secondaries and when they do is the variety that appeared during the upgrade process). I also omega upgraded every unique, and the more important abilities. The actual team is:

Hera (L), gear 8
Sabine, gear 10
Kanan, gear 9
Ezra, gear 8
Zeb, gear 8

I had two tiers to complete, as I'd previously unlocked the Emperor without Wiggs. When the time came to farm Wedge, Thrawn was set to be released and I decided to go for Phoenix instead. It paid off. I really thought the battle was going to be much harder, based on the negative reviews I'd seen of Phoenix.

The first tier was a chuckle. Nobody lost more than a single bar of protection, despite everybody getting stunned immediately. The Emperor was fast, but ultimately was his own demise when he attacked Sabine with expose over his head. She countered.

The final tier started with Vader committing suicide via counters, and the emperor then stunning everyone. From there it went mostly like the previous tier. This time nobody fell below 3/4 protection aside from Kanan, who fell just below.

I was astonished by how well it worked, and figured I should share, if for no other reason than to let everyone know that this team can unlock both Thrawn and the Emperor at 7*.

Replies

• Options
    That's neat. I completed tier 6 of Emperor's Demise with this team:
    Jyn (Lead and Truncheon Strike ability Omega'd) gear 7, lvl 80
    Cassian gear 7, lvl 63
    St Han gear 7, lvl 72
    Wedge gear 8, level 70
    Biggs gear 8, level 78
    It was pretty easy with a plenty of expose thanks to Cassian and Jyn's leadership. Stormtrooper Han was also useful, his taunt helped me a lot.
    Jyn was stunning Emperor and gaining full turn meter. And at last, Wiggs. They were of course fantastic damage dealers. I want to 7* my Phoenix Squadron to get Thrawn at 7* and maybe Emperor, as you say that it actually worked. Congrats of 7* Palpatine, btw.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix are amazing in PvE, and you can use them to complete the 9-B and 9-C hard nodes that are so hard.

In PvP, however, they are terrible.
  • Options
    Corrog wrote: »
    Apologies if it's been touched on today already, but I wanted to let everyone know Phoenix squadron worked well in the Emperor event. Really well.

I have Phoenix leveled to 85 in their entirety, and all modded to what most seem to consider 'meh' levels (5* defense mods, though very few have speed secondaries and when they do is the variety that appeared during the upgrade process). I also omega upgraded every unique, and the more important abilities. The actual team is:

Hera (L), gear 8
    Sabine, gear 10
    Kanan, gear 9
    Ezra, gear 8
    Zeb, gear 8

I had two tiers to complete, as I'd previously unlocked the Emperor without Wiggs. When the time came to farm Wedge, Thrawn was set to be released and I decided to go for Phoenix instead. It paid off. I really thought the battle was going to be much harder, based on the negative reviews I'd seen of Phoenix.

The first tier was a chuckle. Nobody lost more than a single bar of protection, despite everybody getting stunned immediately. The Emperor was fast, but ultimately was his own demise when he attacked Sabine with expose over his head. She countered.

The final tier started with Vader committing suicide via counters, and the emperor then stunning everyone. From there it went mostly like the previous tier. This time nobody fell below 3/4 protection aside from Kanan, who fell just below.

I was astonished by how well it worked, and figured I should share, if for no other reason than to let everyone know that this team can unlock both Thrawn and the Emperor at 7*.

Hey man. I finish this event on 6 star emperor palpatin wit hthis squad.

ezra bridger 6 star 8 gear level

Wedge antilles(L) 7 star 8 gear level

biggs darklighter 7 star 8 gear level

princess leia 7 star 8 gear level

luke skywalker 6 star 8 gear level.

but if you try attack to 7 star that 10 gear level or 9 must be :D
  • Options
    +1 OP, good info. People should quit dogging on Phoenix. Seems like a great, versatile squad for new players.
  • Options
    thanks for the info, I plan to edge-up the stars on my Phoenix over time, in prep for the next Thrawn event (only have him at 5* right now). Well done OP!
  • Options

Hera (L), gear 8
    Sabine, gear 10
    Kanan, gear 9
    Ezra, gear 8
    Zeb, gear 8

The Emperor's event and Yoda's event are a joke. My Jedi are so weak they couldn't deal 1% damage to either boss raid, yet I got a t7 Yoda months ago. I think Phoenix is a cool squad and I am building it and my Rogue One team. I used a classic Wedge led Wiggs Leia Lando and Pathfinder to beat the Emperor. Love Pathfinder. Probably most undervalued in game, or close to it. Never lost a bit of health. R2 event was way way harder. I liked it... You actually had to have a real Rebel team to succeed at t7. T5 was still easy enough anyone could get him if they had enough characters though.
  • Options
    Didn't the R2 event use Empire?
  • Options
    I totally Agree with Corrog's post. I used Phoenix and Biggs. I Spend most of my GW tokens on ships so Zeb wasn't quite 7*, but who needs the purple barney guy anyway, when you got Phiggs!

Used G8 Hera lead lvl 75, Ezra G7 lvl 78, Kanan G7 70, Chopper G7 75, and Biggs G9 78. Mods were good not spectacular. All phoenix had their shareable abilities maxed at 7 no omegas on them folks and at least 5 on their other abilities except Ezra who had all 7. Biggs' abilities were maxed. It did take me a few tries to get RNG with Phiggs and plan of attack not having barney. Took out first RG immediately with Biggs & Ezra with dispelling taunt and reducing TM. Then also got good RNG on counters of Vade & EP. Keeping Kanan alive for retribution is key. Emperor started going all Luke on you by shocking and putting you in a bind as he sped up. Yet dispels of debuffs by Kanan and a useful game plan by Hera on chop followed by a good timing taunt by chop took down last RG. After that was easy to pass taunt, get protection up, and take out EP & then Vader. Did not lose anyone.

Agree with statements from fellow players that Phoenix is a great little bunch, would have been so much easier with Zeb to stun or have the power of Sabine with the rest. Great to have for GW as keep health & protection high. Disclaimer since their power is weak it does make battles longer. Ships: I am still waiting to see how Whales use them since have become farm-able. Synergy goes along way, they do require expensive gear to get above G8 and will be needed at least G9 for 7* Thrawn. Can not wait to use them against Empire this weekend in Military Might.

• Options
    @Corrog , congrats with your Phoenix win. That's awesome and now your set for light side battles and Thrawn ;)
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It only proves this new releases are borberline OP and trivialized what used to be a challenge.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    It only proves this new releases are borberline OP and trivialized what used to be a challenge.

Hardly. I just beat tier 7 with the following team:

Ackbar G7 (Lead)
    Wedge G7
    Biggs G8
    SThan G8
    Ezra G7

All level 70. Didn't even have to move any good mods over. Just loaded them with older mods with +2 and +3 speed secondaries.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! I've been very curious about this even though I've Palpy for a while.
    I do wish we could replay these events, especially since we have so many new potential squads now; at the very least we should have the opportunity to 3-star any tiers we didn't on the first run.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    +1 OP, good info. People should quit dogging on Phoenix. Seems like a great, versatile squad for new players.

Agreed. However, classic rebels are still a good choice if you want higher in arena and don't care for thrawn.

I beat Palp 7* in December with level 65 gear 7 Wiggs and gear 6 Akbar (L), St Han and Farmer Luke. Keep in mind I had 1 and 2 dot mods only at the time.

Now both squad are worth leveling

Phoenix for 2 events
    Rebels for 1 event but more DMg output
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

Agreed. However, classic rebels are still a good choice if you want higher in arena and don't care for thrawn.

I beat Palp 7* in December with level 65 gear 7 Wiggs and gear 6 Akbar (L), St Han and Farmer Luke. Keep in mind I had 1 and 2 dot mods only at the time.

Now both squad are worth leveling

Phoenix for 2 events
    Rebels for 1 event but more DMg output

Your RNG must have been amazing. I did it with a G7-G8 squad yesterday and it took 20+ attempts. That's with 3*-4* mods with speed secondaries (minimal speeds boosts of course). Vader starting with a turn and getting bonus TM was brutal. His AOE DoTs took my G7 toons to 3/4 health on it's own.

I almost don't believe you ;)
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    @Corrog , congrats with your Phoenix win. That's awesome and now your set for light side battles and Thrawn ;)

Yep, and now I need to upgrade a couple more empire to get R2 to 7* :)
  • Options
    Most people used Wiggs, Ackbar, Lando, and SHan back in the day. I'm sure there was no synergy with that group and triple shooting enemies and double AOE's from Lando through Ackbar.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Hardly. I just beat tier 7 with the following team:

Ackbar G7 (Lead)
    Wedge G7
    Biggs G8
    SThan G8
    Ezra G7

All level 70. Didn't even have to move any good mods over. Just loaded them with older mods with +2 and +3 speed secondaries.

Oh sure, but you used the OP Wedge-Biggs combo. Pretty sure Wedge was a premium P2P (Aurodium?) character when Emperor's Demise was first introduced. ;)

Goobers like me had to use Luke and HRSc instead of Wedge and Ezra, so we needed g9. Leia and Lando were options for the foresighted. Lucky for me I had Luke g11 and some g10 in there, so I crushed it.

Point is, the new releases might make it a little easier, but that's okay. It does not sound like it is terribly easier than before.
  • Options
    that's the group I used yesterday, and it was a cake walk (wiggs, aa, lando, sth)
  • Options

I suspect you will get that done as well ;):D
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options

I suspect you will get that done as well ;):D

Oh yes, definitely :)

Already got Vader, Palp, & Tarkin at 7*, and the shards to get Magmatrooper to 7*. Just gotta get ERG from 6 to 7, and work on gear :)
  • Options
    No tie? Tsk tsk. . . .lol
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. My TFP is gear 7, I think, but only 2 or 3 stars. Never needed him, lol. Can currently farm zeta, even though his ship is somewhat hampered by that. Now I'm farming chirpa for tank instead of him, just really don't need him, lol
  • Options
    Tie works rather nicely with a zVader squad, . . :D Lol poor tie, forever relegated to the dusty recesses of your roster. .. . . . . ( insert Taps )
  • Options

They're great for new players - two legendary characters with just 5 toons? Sign me up
  • Options
    I used OG rebels at g7 and 8 on my alt and got him pretty easily
  • Options

They're great for new players - two legendary characters with just 5 toons? Sign me up

With 2 of them (Kanan, Ezra) being able to participate in another one (Yoda)