Delete account and link another account to Apple Game Center

Peer
299 posts Member
edited July 2017
Hi there. I temporarily "lost" my account after I updated iOS an my iPad.

I play SWGOH on my iPad and never logged in into Apple Game Center. A couple of days ago I tried to play on my iPhone and on this device I was logged in into Game Center. After I installed SWGOH a new account was created and I was not able to log into my existing SWGOH account from within the app. So I uninstalled the game from the phone and figured that in order to play on two or more iOS devices I would have to find a way to link my existing account to Game Center. Unfortunately after I updated iOS on my iPad today I was logged into Game Center and SWGOH just linked the second account, the one I created on my iPhone. After I logged out I could use my old account again.

Now it seems that I have one account that is some kind of local account on my iPad and one account that is linked to my Apple ID which would be used whenever I decide to install SWGOH on another iOS device.

My questions:
1.) Can you delete a certain SWGOH account?
2.) Can you delete the link between this account and my Apple ID?
3. Can you link my other "real" SWGOH account to my Apple ID?

Unfortunately the screen of my iPad is broken. In September I am going to buy a new iPhone. Seems I will not be able to play SWGOH on this new device unless I get this problem solved.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    1) No
    2) No
    3) No

You can however create a new Apple ID, and link your old real account to it. You can then access this account on your new device by logging into the new Apple ID.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Huatimus wrote: »
    1) No
    2) No
    3) No

You can however create a new Apple ID, and link your old real account to it. You can then access this account on your new device by logging into the new Apple ID.

Really? CG are not able to delete an account?

Thanks for quick reply.
    Post edited by Peer on
  • For me they cloned the account that was on my old phone with no gamecenter, to my new device with Game Center
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Wreckhouse wrote: »
    For me they cloned the account that was on my old phone with no gamecenter, to my new device with Game Center

Thanks. You submitted a ticket with Customer Support?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Huatimus wrote: »
    1) No
    2) No
    3) No

Just do this. Then ask them to clone to your ID you want to use. Support will email you the info you need in order to do this.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    So, it happened .... My iPad crashed and after reinstall and using my backup the SWGOH account is lost. I did not know that SWGOH requires Apple Game Center. What can I do? I spent a 4-digit amount in Euro on this game and I am surprised and angry that this game does not provide an independent login functionality. I want my account back.

Besides, the German help pages did not help. There is simply no way to contact customer service. It says 'Do it from within the game'. But this is not possible.
  • Do you have your Player ID from your old account? It sounds like to me you were using a guest account.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Do you have your Player ID from your old account? It sounds like to me you were using a guest account.

Yes, I found this out in the meantime. And I opened a ticket with customer support 2 days ago but they did not answer yet. I really don't knowwhat to do. I have my player ID and could provide them with more useful information. But they would have to take of the issue first. This sucks ... thousands of Euro ...
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse Any way to help me with this?
  • What kind of ticket did you open? You should just ask them to transfer the account to a new iOS Game Center account (your had to create an all new one, which is easy).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    I got a message from customer support and they wanted me to create another SWGOH account and link it with my Apple ID. Seems they can link my old "guest account" to my Apple ID Instead. At least I hope this is what they are going to do.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    After 10 days they somehow did what I asked for although customer support told me there was no solution for such kind of problem. @SnakesOnAPlane You think I could get at least some of the stuff I was not able to collect? Customer support says no and that unfortunately they can't see how much money I spent and therefore they have no reason to believe me.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Please close thread. I give up. Worst experience with a customer support in my adult life.