R2D2 event ... how good does my Empire squad have to be?

I'll like to get R2 to 7 stars next time his event comes around, so I'm starting to plan out my Empire team now. With Emp Palp (g10) and then Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and RG at g8, I was able to get him to 6*s, but I recall getting hammered with this team when trying tier 7.

Looking at my characters, likely the only other characters I can get to 7 stars before the event comes around again are Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper, and General Veers.

So, given that, and given how hard it can be to gear characters up, of the nine characters above, and assuming I can get each to gear 9 in the next few months, what is the best team composition, and would I be able to get R2 to 7 stars with them, do you think?

Replies

• When. Is event coming again
  • I'm planning mine now too I got hammered last time and didn't even get him so I'm working my empire already
  • The problem is most likely not your team.... there isn't anything wrong with Emp, Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and RG. Make sure they have good mods and get them all at least g9, g10 and the problem will be solved.
  • don't worry,it shoudn't come back before end of october (take roughly 6 month for EP to come back) so you have time to make a strong empire team.
    Anyway, Empire is strong, so you will be happy to up them.
  • don't worry,it shoudn't come back before end of october (take roughly 6 month for EP to come back) so you have time to make a strong empire team.
    Anyway, Empire is strong, so you will be happy to up them.

My problem is all the Empire characters I want to use aren't 7 stars. :) My new project (in a couple of weeks,I finished getting Jyn and Cassian to g11) is going to be Empire. I *want* to use Thrawn, Krennic, Death Knight, and Shoretrooper (along with Tarkin), but those first four guys are not going to be 7 stars for about a year (such are the joys of 1 hard node farming spots).

Anyway, I don't want to waste gear (my precious!), so I'm hoping to be able to cobble together a team that will be juuuuuuuuuust good enough to win so I can focus on my other (non-7 star) Empire characters. :)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    don't worry,it shoudn't come back before end of october (take roughly 6 month for EP to come back).

Erm....roughly 4 and a half months for the Emperor's demise the first time.

• crzydroid
    7295 posts Moderator
    It was four months between the first two Emperor's Demise events...don't know why people keep assuming six.

Anyway, your team comp is good, just gear and mod them better. I would not call gearing tfp, Vader, or RG wasting gear at all, as all are heroic tank toons. Post-rework, Tarkin is esteemable as well.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    don't worry,it shoudn't come back before end of october (take roughly 6 month for EP to come back).

Erm....roughly 4 and a half months for the Emperor's demise the first time.

This. R2 could be back as early as August.

I swear that's not an August joke.