Help with my jedi team

Currently I run ZGJ, JKA, R2Z2, GK, and zoda and I usually place 1-4 at payout and fall to 8-15 overnight. I was having trouble beating teams and so I decided to try ezra. So today I swapped mods around and got my team to go in an order so baze does his AOE dispell when my team has foresight. Ezra hit really hard but I still struggled to win, and by struggled I mean I lost 2-3 battles out of 7 and I normally lose 1-2 a day out of 5. What I am having the most trouble with is rex lead, GK, R2, boba, and nihilus, GK and R2 together make it very hard to win, chaze isn't that hard but he does give me trouble especially with GK and R2 on their side. I read where people say anyone in the top 10 can beat each other so I am wondering what I am missing if it's mods, toons, strategies, or whatever else. In the next few days I will have another zeta and I am going to put it on R2s dispell on crit ability, unless barris would be better?
Here is my swgoh.gg profile https://swgoh.gg/u/maathfaseli/ please note that I set my time zone wrong in it so the chart for ranks is not accurate. Any advice on mods, toons, strategies, or anything else would be much apreciated. :)

Replies

• Also I should mention my shard isn't from game launch, and actualy I dont know how old it is. So some teams are a little loose, like somtimes ppl will run gear 9 toons if its a newly released one or one they are trying it out.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    I'd dispell GK taunt and make nihilus/r2 priorities. Stun one and focus fire on the other. May be difficult as only QGJ can dispell. If you buff block with anakin rex can clear it. Maybe add Ezra? He can also dispell the taunt.

You should have tenacity up most of the time, so boba shouldn't be able to 1 hit execute
  • @DRV problem is if they have R2 all I can target is GK and I just cant seem to make my debuffs stick cuz of all the cleansers and ten up from rex and chirrit. Also today with ezra instead of zoda, boba did pull some 1 shots but maybe R2s zeta will help with that. I normally target rex, GK, nihilus, and then whoever is left.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    I don't have r2, so not sure of the mechanics, but shouldn't his burning aoe stop the other r2s stealth? Should let you target anyone. Then you need the faster r2.
  • @DRV, burn just decreases chance to evade and deals DOT no buff imune or dispell. To bad jedi don't have an AOE dispell, was thinking maybe plo koon could help, anyone try him?
  • I was using Plo in a full jedi team prior to release of r2d2. His dispell is still single-target and very unreliable. He's slow, but sturdy, yet with gk and r2 you will want the rest of your team to deal real dmg, and only some str heroes are able to hit hard, Plo not being one of them. I did some experimenting on arena and after many battles decided to put ezra in the team while keeping zyoda. Mind that jedi teams are rather squishy so you will not hold too good overnight whatever the config you will come up with.
  • @kielbotronix, thx for the info about plo I have never tried him. Maybe a jedi faction pass will bring more variety to jedi teams, right now all we have is QGJ, JKA, GK, ezra, yoda, barris and aayla for viable arena toons.
    I dont know why but more people seem to be running jedi in my shard so defence isn't as hard, its beating them on offence I struggle with. :'(
  • Jedi faction pass ain't coming soon bro.. truth is jedi are fun to play because of the difficulty but ultimately they can beat any team with the little help of r2 ☺
  • @kielbotronix, what squad do u run in arena? And how do u control boba and nihilus when they are stealthed? I realize jedi are just viable enough for them to not get a faction pass soon, but I fear when droids/bounty hunters/sepratist get their psss they might become the meta and bring anti jedi synergies with them. Still a little worried about another anti jedi meta coming around, zaul was about as anti jedi as u can get with his x2 dmg to jedi.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Yoda foresight/tenacity should take care of Boba ability block. Foresight also stops DN's drain force. So depending on speed order one of those shouldn't be an issue. I'd just try to outlast the 2 turn stealth and then stun DN asap. Yoda's unique will also stun once the target is below full health. Any crits will force a GK taunt, so maybe purposely keep your CC low? And Ezra and QGJ can dispel the taunt and let you refocus on DN.
  • @DRV, are u suggesting using ZGJ, R2Z2, GK, ezra, and zoda? Hadn't thought of ezra over JKA but come to think of it debuffing is hard these days and his AOE does have some drawbacks...
  • Jka's aoe really hits hard under zqgj, add jka's unique to that, r2's zeta and mby some offense up and it turns the tide of the battle.. but only if anakin is able to cast it. Also the number of positive effects triggered in enemy team on aoe, debuffs giving prot to empire under thrawn and triggering cleanse... jka is getting a bit too chaotic for the requirements of jedis' team precise planning. On the other hand he's good against jedi teams ;)
    DRV is writing some real deal good stuff.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Does JKA's buff block stop GK's taunt? Ezra apparently can deal good damage, so it wouldn't be a huge loss. Just the AOE.
  • Yeah it stops, but it's not 100%, mind that. Yet if it hits in it can not only block taunt but maybe force thrawn to lose half of his turn to cleanse debuffs. Against triple cleanse it's completely useless, even harmful if they cleanse and trigger tenacity up. Then you lose the chance to put that neatly planned stun from r2 or yoda special.
  • Will have to try different comps, I would like to get to a point where I can change my team based on my opponents. What about JKA lead, ezra, aayla, R2Z2, GK? I know u lose speed but would JKAs lead justify the lost speed? Basically u have 3 hard hitting jedi, counter, taunt, and dmg boost. Prolly wouldn't work but its an idea.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Been running Jedi on a launch shard for months now. I have been thru every iteration I can possibly come up with...best comp I have found, that not only holds well on D but drops the meta squads on auto is...

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

And b4 u say it's bcuz of my mods, the top 10 have similar mods.
  • @Poxx, u actualy are the reason I decided to try ezra I have seen u on here a bunch and your advice is very sound. And ya your mods are waaaaay better than mine but like I said my shard isn't crazy hard it's actualy pretty easy... Like so easy I broke top 10 with ZGJ, JKA, yoda, old ben, and ST han a few months ago so im pretty new to being at the top.
    But anyway do u swap yoda and JKA in and out? And what is the turn order of your squad?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I have zeta'd BM on Yoda, but he still doesn't make the cut imo. Between foresight, GK's cleanse and the zeta on R2 that lets them cleanse on crit...they have enough.

Ani and Ezra r huge hitters when modded for damage w/ an R2 w/ high offense.

My turn order is based on AI control. Ani goes 1st and aoe's. Bcuz his cc is so high, he typically pops offense up.

Ezra is next to strip a taunt, then QGJ for an assist call to smoke a weakling like Tarkin or Rex. Then it's 5v4 b4 they have even moved and my team has foresight and GK backing it up.
  • Will have to try different comps, I would like to get to a point where I can change my team based on my opponents. What about JKA lead, ezra, aayla, R2Z2, GK? I know u lose speed but would JKAs lead justify the lost speed? Basically u have 3 hard hitting jedi, counter, taunt, and dmg boost. Prolly wouldn't work but its an idea.

Not much of a good idea, because you lose speed and foresight and gain only crit dmg - remember you get your jedi's speed tripled and added to their offense under zQgj which is around 25%-30% depending on mods that you have.

To what @Poxx says, on my shard there is still to much DNs to drop zyoda. Actually against +133 thrawns he's the only one that can outspeed them and get some tenacity up before the hammer falls..
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Will have to try different comps, I would like to get to a point where I can change my team based on my opponents. What about JKA lead, ezra, aayla, R2Z2, GK? I know u lose speed but would JKAs lead justify the lost speed? Basically u have 3 hard hitting jedi, counter, taunt, and dmg boost. Prolly wouldn't work but its an idea.

Not much of a good idea, because you lose speed and foresight and gain only crit dmg - remember you get your jedi's speed tripled and added to their offense under zQgj which is around 25%-30% depending on mods that you have.

To what @Poxx says, on my shard there is still to much DNs to drop zyoda. Actually against +133 thrawns he's the only one that can outspeed them and get some tenacity up before the hammer falls..

Mod speed is not factored in under zQGJ lead. It is BASE SPEED. Also, I deal w/ DN in approximately 50% of the teams I face on my shard. Yeah, he gets Annihilate off occasionally.. Most times, I steal his tm w/ QGJ, stun him w/ R2 or just outright smoke him b4 he can bcuz of adding another hitter instead of Yoda.

What does Yoda going b4 Thrawn accomplish ? Fracture strips all buffs, can't be evaded or resisted.
  • MaathFaselli_1
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Thx for all the help guys I guess the key is to get better mods. @Poxx do u have crit dmg or crit chance on JKAs triangle mod? Cuz mine has terrible crit chance, he often 2-3 or even 4 times exposes himself, and rairly give offence up. Also can your QGJ really one shot rex ect. with his assist? Mine doesn't hit very hard.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    CD triangle on Ani and on Ezra. Lot of offense on R2 so he shares more. Yes, w/ offense up, QGJ calling Ani or Ezra will ohko an opposing Rex np. Ani's cc is 54.85%...64.85% w/ R2 in the squad.

The highest damage I have recorded was offense up, QGJ critted on an assist call for 12,836 (He has 3 health sets and a cc triangle). He called Ezra who critted for 27,255 and a follow up crit for 16,541. Over 56k total...would kill nearly any non-tank in the game.

U can check my mods if u scroll up. My swgoh profile is linked.
  • Wow thats awsome, right now im farming chirpa to 5* just in case we need ewoks to get luke but as soon as im done with that its back to mods! What mods do u keep? Do u upgrade them all or only lvl ones with speed visible? Right now I just lvl ones with speed and only keep ones with 4-5 speed+ but I would hate to be missing out on good speed mods if lvling them all uncovers good speed.