Jedi Did What ??

Prev1
Poxx
2288 posts Member
edited July 2017
Watch "SWGOH Best comeback EVER ! Jedi vs Maul" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/URfixl8cg18
I had posted this originally under another post, but felt it needed it's own.

Full Auto, no manual targeting, vs. top Maul team on a launch shard.
Post edited by Poxx on

Replies

• Booyaa
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Thank you for reping the Jedi. I just need GK to stay top ten.
  • Same thing happens to my zaul team all the time :p

Thanks for sharing, that was awesome :)
  • Good job.
    However, I'd show more respect if there was no R2 involved.
    Putting R2 in there changes your team from a Jedi team to a meta team.
  • Botcher
    49 posts Member
    Also... What comeback? You never lost a toon...
  • Poxx wrote: »

THis is so far from a comeback dude. A comeback would be 1v3 and winning, not dominating the whole match.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Comeback is when zSavage comes back from 1v4
  • Wow. Cut right though them! Now I want to zeta QGJ.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    z
    Poxx wrote: »

THis is so far from a comeback dude. A comeback would be 1v3 and winning, not dominating the whole match.

zMaul is a very difficult team for jedi to face. When all 5 of my team are stunned, then all 5 of them are dazed, then my leader is nearly killed all b4 I ever get to move...and they manage to sweep 5-0...that is most definitely a comeback.

It doesn't have to b 1 toon beating 4 or 5. It was a comeback vs. near impossible odds to sweep the match.
    z

zMaul is a very difficult team for jedi to face. When all 5 of my team are stunned, then all 5 of them are dazed, then my leader is nearly killed all b4 I ever get to move...and they manage to sweep 5-0...that is most definitely a comeback.

It doesn't have to b 1 toon beating 4 or 5. It was a comeback vs. near impossible odds to sweep the match.

If you win a football game 24-0 it's not a comeback. So ya not a comeback maybe won as a underdog but not a comeback
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    If the other team paralyzed your 1st string and 2nd string quarterbacks, broke your running backs ankle and were on your 1 yard line on 1st down w/ a minute left and u turn around and win...its a comeback.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    If the other team paralyzed your 1st string and 2nd string quarterbacks, broke your running backs ankle and were on your 1 yard line on 1st down w/ a minute left and u turn around and win...its a comeback.

Is this English?

It could be construed as a comeback in the grand scheme of the current meta. Return of the Jedi and all that.
  • Jee whiz there are a lot of haters here.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I should have known better than to share anything w/ the masses. Most ppl get shot down on the forums. I was amazed to see Jedi on full auto win after 5 stuns and 5 dazes vs. 1 of, if not the, toughest comps they face and I get picked apart bcuz u don't like my definition of comeback.

To me, it was an amazing win against staggering odds where I was at a huge disadvantage after the 1st 10 secs. That, imo, is a comeback.
  • BigT
    3 posts Member
    Looked great to me. And I appreciate the content and advice you provide.
    I should have known better than to share anything w/ the masses. Most ppl get shot down on the forums. I was amazed to see Jedi on full auto win after 5 stuns and 5 dazes vs. 1 of, if not the, toughest comps they face and I get picked apart bcuz u don't like my definition of comeback.

To me, it was an amazing win against staggering odds where I was at a huge disadvantage after the 1st 10 secs. That, imo, is a comeback.

Yeah, really, what were you thinking putting an encouraging video out like that. :D
    I dodge zmaul in arena. I have a similar Jedi team to the one you ran in the video, so thanks for showing the possibilities.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    That's wassup @Poxx , good to see you still rockin the jedi. I still have mine smashin arena too :]
  • Man, your squad hits like a fleet of tractor trailers!

Impressive.

What kind of mod sets do you have on them? Offense, crit damage?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Easier to look this way

Wish I had an offense cross to put on R2 w/ the same speed. Unfortunately he has a tenacity cross atm.
  • Comeback is when zSavage comes back from 1v4

That not a comeback either, Zavage wins all by himself anyway you could pair him with cup, mob enforcer, nightsister acolyte, and urruhrrorrrh and he would still win ;)
  • Nice match! Love to see Jedi squads whooping Maul squads.
  • Botcher
    49 posts Member
    Jedi squads have been difficult in the past. Now that I run a Thrawn lead with empire and DN, I target them with 100% win rate, so by all means, everyone use Jedi. I don't think it's a comeback, but I will call it an "against the odds, underdog, Rudy " style victory.... I will also say that it is impressive especially on auto. Gratz
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    This is the wrong section for this thread. Please put it in the "I should mind my own business" section. Or pvp and rivarly works too...
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Correction genius. This is squad and character strategy. This shows how a jedi SQUAD using specific CHARACTERS can be STRATEGICALLY built to beat its arch-nemesis SQUAD. Its in the pefect place. Thx for your invaluable input. Dunno how the game or the forums manage to thrive w/out more from u.
  • What strategy? That was all lucky rng ;) it is cool to watch I admit

597ff6abe3483c7ab8e8dad9b47d6088a4955eabe2f94bf8e02216c7b7ee5bd2.jpg
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    The only strategy is modding for turn order and placing Ani as a 2nd hitter instead of Yoda lol. U r absolutely right. Plus, AI strategy is poor and on offense, even worse.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    For so long Zaul teams have dominated the arena making it pretty rare for other team comps to place at the very top (ofcourse it wasn't all Zaul teams from 1-50 but enough that it was considered the meta). On top of that Zaul and the sith were designed to be Jedi killers so seeing a team of Jedi's comeback and win is a happy sight.

Call it whatever you want, he won.
  • Love the video, but it was a little misleading. I was expecting 5 jedi. When I saw R2 on the team, it made me think: so thats how he won. I'd love to see a full jedi squad beat up maul. That's definitely worth seeing!
  • Zaul teams are actually rather boring, making stats and strategy mostly pointless. Its all just dodge and stealth with a lucky roll of the dice. Which is why they do so good on defence. I usually run zaul in arena but for fun I put in a zgj team, by the time the timer reset to attack again I dropped 50 places. I went back to boring ol zaul lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Oh man, some of the replies in this thread. lol
    Save water, drink champagne!