Getting close to lv 85, wanted some advice

DarthMufasa4
214 posts Member
edited July 2017
New to the forums, though I do read through others, hoping to get a bit better.
https://swgoh.gg/u/darthmufasa4/collection/

Right now Ive been hoping to expand a bit more into Empire. Though for the most part I use Nihilus or Palpatine as lead, not sure which is better for me right now. Nihilus grinds better, but EP has a bit more oomph to the start, though if you lose the start youve lost the fight in arena

Current plans
-Improve Empire, want to get TFP 7star, then is perhaps farming Death Trooper a good choice for when I make an empire team with EP (L), Vader, Thrawn (when i unlock), Deathtrooper, Nihilus.

-Zeta, I have 1 right now and kinda wanna use it on Nihilus Zeta, does this seem like a good idea? I like the fact its a unique thus i dont commit to him being my leader if i dont want him to be. But nihilus zeta goes nicely to force the chirrut to defend, and provides vader with some extra culling blade power. Considered Zader, and decided not to do it

-Pheonix squad, kinda need these to unlock thrawn and this means i can focus on this and not my other Rebels which prior to thrawn being a legendary character would be my main lightside team. Team will be Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Chopper and Zeb. any advice on how to gear? Im currently thinking get everyone to gear 8/9, then focus on ezra out of these after that

-Arena, should I go with a more sith orientated team under nihilus (L), dooku, vader, boba, EP or go down the empire route of EP (L), vader, dooku, TFP, Nihilus. for the short term until i can develop either team better?
If I was to go down the sith route, would probably farm sith trooper and replace boba
Suggestions for which way to take arena are most helpful

Lastly wanna try and get something going with pit to help guild, but with minimal gear recources so i can focus on gearing pheonix and my current empire/sith units. I considered trying to go with teebo based team, but am not sure on other members. I thought maybe a palpatine, teebo, tfp as a core 3 might work
So any advice here would be great too. I dont expect anyone to reply to everything, just things you can relate to or have experience on. I just wanted to give my ideas so that you dont have to worry about making suggesitons that im not really gonna follow

Thx in advance

Post edited by DarthMufasa4 on

Replies

• ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    For Empire squads, check this thread out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41302/the-galactic-empire-players-discussion/p95. Bunch of Empire squad pros in here that could help.

EP lead was the flavor of the month when he was released but quickly fell behind. I would rather build on your Nihilus, which is a direct counter to Rex lead and has a lot more utility.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    In my shard, I don't see Any Nihlus lead teams at top 100 of arena. I run a Rex lead, Nihlus supposedly counters this, when I used to see them, I'd smash on them.

I'm no expert on the mathematical path for best results in playing this game. I'd say gear is the number one goal.

For the past month I've been wishing I focused on Rancor close to the start of me playing, cuz now that I'm getting number 1 rewards I'm getting much more gear and credits. And that's every other day. If you can combine your Rancor goals with your Arena goals, then you are set.

Zader, TFP, Nihlus, EP, and Sith Trooper sounds like a team that will last you a long time, especially at the point of game you are in. I barely saw the last Zader go out of my shard, he got #1 consistently until recently.

Plus, get Zader, Teebo, Jyn, Rex, and TFP and you will auto solo P1~3 of Rancor. I wish I did it sooner, reaping the rewards now.
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    If I zeta vader, what numbers could i expect to see with an empire team in pit?
  • There are plenty of Youtube videos describing the Zader method for the pit. A lot of them also use Magmatrooper (easy farm from GW shipments). He and Tarkin both have TM reduction specials. Many also use Rex. Seems like the trick to Zader is that you need to be fast.

FWIW - I have a team of Teebo (L), Fives (speed down), Tarkin, Wiggs that can get through P1 and ~ 1/2 of P2 for a couple of million before the wheels fall off. Wiggs are G10, the others are G8 with as much potency and speed as I could find. Teebo was made for P1 of the Pit.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    If I zeta vader, what numbers could i expect to see with an empire team in pit?

An all Empire team? Not sure. If you had Jyn you could solo, maybe possible with Teebo. I'm going to have Zader in 3 days.

I currently run Teebo, Rex, GQJ, Phasma, and TFP. I get anywhere from 5mil~8.5mil.

I'll be running Zader, Teebo, TFP, Phasma, and Rex. I'll let you know how it goes.