Phoenix in rancor

Are any of the phoenix squad good at the rancor? I know tmr teams would be a bad idea with sabines basic. Any thought?

Replies

• Options
    Umm turn meter reduction is very good for sabine's basic attack. Her counter attacks are brutal ;)
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I thought the concensus was she does too little damage for all tm that the rancor would gain? Thoughts?
  • Options
    I started using Kanan.
    He can taunt (cleans other teammate)
    Give protection up (Cleans himself)
    Consistent offense down.
    Counter attack and high crit chance helps his damage some.
    While taunting his tenacity is double.
    25% heal when debuffed
    His protection up when given to Yoda can be shared with team.

Hera can offer her healing/Rez and assists with extra damage & potency can help when used with turn meter controlling character.
    Ezra assist can help. Remember it can also either give turn meter, guarantee crit, or give protection up.
    Zeb can control turn meter in phase one and again protection up & either tenacity up or retribution.

Chopper would be helpful when used with at least one other Phoenix character (higher probability of having him buff/reduce Cooldown when only 2 Phoenix characters available for his buffs to hit.

Not to mention full Phoenix does decent even on auto.
  • Options
    I use Ezra and Hera + other characters and it works fine. I just wish Hera could give herself the backup plan. Sabine is pretty useful too. I think Zeb is useless because all he's good for is bonus protection
  • SolidStripes
    580 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Zebs kit is better for phase 1, but you can solo phase1 with teebo, qgj, and 3 other toons if you boost their potency and speed.

Edit: his stagger also reduces tm so maybe he could be one of the 3 other toons. Daze prevents counter, and of course his stun with basic on daze,stagger, or expose.
  • Options
    I thought the concensus was she does too little damage for all tm that the rancor would gain? Thoughts?

Ive never witnessed toons gaining any extra tm when sabine hits several times. My guild only does heroic pit and I don't quite have sabine to 7* yet so I don't know how it works there.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    No, the rancor will not gain turn meter from damage done by Sabine specifically. Not quite sure where that came from to begin with...

Pheonix Squad is a solid team in The Pit (Heroic included) BUT they need a higher gear level to somewhat compensate for their shortcomings. For example I have the entire PS at 7*, G10 and they do moderately well (ofcourse nothing quite holds a candle to Jyn & Zader but ehh close enough). I noticed they lasted much longer once I got them over G8, However there is not a party healer nor any tmr toons thus making the battle still an uphill one.
  • Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    No, the rancor will not gain turn meter from damage done by Sabine specifically. Not quite sure where that came from to begin with...

I think most likely people assumed she takes extra turns, when actually she just takes extra shots within that single turn.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »

I think most likely people assumed she takes extra turns, when actually she just takes extra shots within that single turn.

Yea that sounds about right...