Would you purchase more in the store if there was a 30% decrease

Prev13
Calus_78
504 posts Member
edited February 2016
EA makes more money due to selling more and everyone wins! If Walmart can succeed with this strategy, then I'm sure EA will too.

Would you purchase more in the store if there was a 30% decrease 246 votes

Yes
82%
ZarAziFakeRobboGalvineTelaanDarknessAmish_AceBlamBlurbleeaauuhClintos_FreshmakerAbyssdjwarcrTagichatnmurton09Otrill143VarlieZtyleSlythRinnBigfoot1080Yuri 202 votes
No
17%
The_Oklahoma_KidKrisssSongdiangeloSneakyMcPeted3gaussBerdiliopuppyCaseyAggropox10thDanMangarcia_george99JsnazzKAULILianaraRobbathehuttSmithieWillyfettWillkimm98AluxendrJohn_Matrix1985 44 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes
    That being for bigger purchases.
  • Options
    Yes
    EA would have made more money based on these results
  • Options
    Yes
    Well, I would buy the 21Sub and more than that, but it's like 11$, firstly you have to pay 5$ just to see it, lucky with the forum otherwise there's no in-game info that tells you that if you spend 4.99$ you can Subscribe for daily Crystals for the price of 11$. Furthermore, the packs, geez, 60$, 100$...this is like the most luxurious game I have ever played. I'm saying this because I really enjoy the game, am a great SW fan, but also I'm coming from a country where average income/month is 250-300$, I already spent 5$ just to see the Sub, would spend more, but everything is so high priced... I understand that they're not going to make a fortune from people like me, that's why there are whales, but would gladly spend a couple more quids on a game I enjoy, just to show support!
  • Options
    Yes
    Prices are unreal
  • Options
    Yes
    I would probably buy the big crystal pack once if it was 30% off. That being said, prices won't drop...dolphins and whales are ok with pricing structure, and buy said items. So this is a waste of a poll lol
  • Options
    Yes
    I doubt EA would sell 50% more honestly
  • Options
    Yes
    I would probably buy the big crystal pack once if it was 30% off. That being said, prices won't drop...dolphins and whales are ok with pricing structure, and buy said items. So this is a waste of a poll lol

I disagree.

Sure, on the surface it may seem like whining from F2P (or nearly F2P players), but this could serve the devs and perhaps get them to rethink their monetization strategy. As the OP stated, low-margin/high-volume works for Walmart. In fact, this same argument has been bandied about with the whole 'RIAA/MPAA vs Pirates' debate: Wouldn't more people buy CDs and Blu-Rays if the prices were more reasonable? Many studies suggest that the answer is a resounding "Yes"

But, hey, to each his (or her) own. EA - just like the recording and movie industries - will make money regardless.
  • Options
    Yes
    They have painted themselves into a corner. If they release cheaper packs whales will complain money will be lost.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I play another game that gives a discount for a limited time, usually over the weekend, everyone I know buys during that time even the ones that usually never spend otherwise, bet the game makes a nice profit in that 3 day span (Fri-Sun)
  • Options
    Yes
    The cost of IAP is atrocious. It's compounded by the fact that chromium is useless unless you're willing to pay $1k-2k in a short period of time with the ability to regularly do that as new chromium toons are released.
  • Options
    Yes
    Why would the whales complain about cheaper products? Just means the rich will buy more at discounted prices if they need. No one wants to spend money regardless how much they have stashed away. The more you have the easier it is to let it go is all.
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No
    This company is toxic. I won't spend another cent regardless. But I'm stuck playing this game because I already spent on it. Hopefully they can figure out how to program and type at some point here.
  • Options
    Yes
    If they had packs for each type: Tanks, Support&Healers, Attackers. Narrow down the pool of characters, which allow us to decide what we want, kind of. Until that happens, I see no need to purchase a chromium when I'm almost guaranteed something I wouldn't want anyways.
  • Options
    Yes
    Chromium packs might have some financial gain for them if say they announced an increase in drop rate for a character of their choosing for the weekends or something.
    Then make it fun and give people a pole in game where people can vote from 3-5 characters of their choosing for the increased drop rate for the weekend.

Man I hope they are reading this.
  • Options
    Yes
    YEs yes yes!
  • Options
    No
    I never have and never will spend a dime on iOS /tablet games.

Plenty of fun in F2P mode.

Rather spend $s on filling up my truck.
  • Options
    No
    I think they would have to drop the price of this current pack to $10-15 for me to buy it. They won't drop by that much. Problem with paying is that you have to keep paying otherwise you fall behind. When Warcraft costs $15/month why would I drop $60-100/month to play a game w much less content on a handheld? Don't get me wrong I like the game but 30% drop in price isn't enough, 70-80% drop is probably where the market would explode and tons of people would start buying
  • Options
    Yes
    For instance, I would have bought the Jedi bundle @ $39.99. $59.99 was too much for me.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes
    I think people would have bought it at that price.
    Post edited by Calus_78 on
  • Options
    No
    Ace5 wrote: »
    When Warcraft costs $15/month why would I drop $60-100/month to play a game w much less content on a handheld?
    You nailed it.

EA if they really want to make lots of $, they should make plenty of items available at $0.99 cents each.

Give people the flexibility to make small purchases. I bet not many responsible people blow 59.99 on Jedi packs.

If this game is your life and can spare large amounts of money buying packs...more power to you.

But EA needs to realize that if they want to create mass appeal they need to try to convert F2P to paying customers.

I am not cheap but I never will see the value in dropping big bucks for a iOS game. But if it was few bucks then yah I can skip a latte and buy something in game once in a while.

But good news is...some other game will come along and they always do and folks like me will start playing it.

$0s spent and still having fun.

• Options
    Yes
    With the arbitrarily scaled system of spending, this game really only favors low spenders, with immense diminishing returns for both whales and dolphins. Chromium is nearly worthless except in instances of 1k+, making daily refreshes the really only sustainable worthwhile purchase (with a decent arena rank and the 21d subscription is possible). Buff chromium or lower crystal prices.

More importantly, the mass appeal of guaranteed characters is mitigated by the same pricing scale. 60usd is simply too much for 3 characters. There would have been many more buyers, myself included, if there were a greater volume of packs at staggered (and generally discounted) prices.

I do believe, however, that EA knows enough about marketing to max profit with minimal effort (not to say they are doing exactly that with this game). Ultimately, what will decide the future of this game is if EA cares more about customer satisfaction and gaming qualify as opposed to bare minimum for a high payout. They have shown the capability to change due to popular demand, so I wouldn't put a price regression past them.

At the bare minimum, how about monthly crystal sales or something? Maybe bring back a random pack/add a new one at a discount? No real loss, and no real effort. Simple.
  • Options
    Maybe make the 350 shard chromium pack go for a buck-nine nine? My self discipline would need to improve a lot!
  • Options
    Yes
    Ace5 wrote: »
    When Warcraft costs $15/month why would I drop $60-100/month to play a game w much less content on a handheld?
    You nailed it.

EA if they really want to make lots of $, they should make plenty of items available at $0.99 cents each.

Give people the flexibility to make small purchases. I bet not many responsible people blow 59.99 on Jedi packs.

If this game is your life and can spare large amounts of money buying packs...more power to you.

But EA needs to realize that if they want to create mass appeal they need to try to convert F2P to paying customers.

I am not cheap but I never will see the value in dropping big bucks for a iOS game. But if it was few bucks then yah I can skip a latte and buy something in game once in a while.

But good news is...some other game will come along and they always do and folks like me will start playing it.

$0s spent and still having fun.

+1
  • Options
    Yes
    I agree as well
  • Options
    It would be more appealing. But it would still be too expensive. They should drop it 60% at least. I wonder if they think theyre producing daimonds or something with these prices.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I think the packs are fine but they should lower the price of the subscription, make it last the whole month and consider raising the number of crystals to 150 daily.
  • Options
    No
    I believe EA/CG is targeting the top 1% spenders. Those are the same people that willing to throw away $500 on a new phone instead of buying a used LG that cost $30 or less.

• Drayden
    66 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes
    I litereally thought to myself when they offered the Jedi-pack (of course no connection to the new event :D ) that I would buy it for 39.99 instead of 59.99. I really like the game but some of the prices are really a bit out there. I would definitely get the crystal subscription if it was extended to the month. Same price - same amount. That is the price for a AAA MMORPG after all. Not sure why EA thinks this should be different - well I do - it is Star Wars and a giant cashgrab. Prices like 99.99 or 149.99 for some packs are just ridiculous in my opinion.

They should introduce 4.99 or 9.99 packs with lower * toons so "casuals" have something to do and stay interested. I played pretty hardcore so far. Did not miss a day since release. Pretty much F2P though since I missed the Dark Side starter and only got the 4.99 crystal subscription. I can see how people who play more casual get frustrated fast with GW etc.

Now I am waiting for the sh1tstorm to drop on me :blush:
  • Options
    No
    It is overpriced by a lot more than 30% ... It needs to go down 50-60% for price to approach anything reasonable.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    I honestly would have preferred being able to purchase individual toons. Let the packs contain crystals,currency and toon shards. Do away with crystal and currency only purchases.