SWBF2 questions

MaathFaselli_1
254 posts Member
edited July 2017
Sry to post this on the SWGOH foums but I can't post on the SWBF2 forums without first buying the game due to their posting rules, and i'm not buying a game i'm not sure I can run.
Anyway, now that SWBF2 is in alpha testing are the minimum system requirements released? Or maybe some ppl who have played the alpha can give a rough guess as to the min. requirements? As well as min. requirements I also need to know what OS will run it.
The computer I have now will in no way run SWBF2 so I need a more powerful one. I only have about $200-$300 in which to get a new one but I don't think that is enough, so I plan on only upgrading the motherboard, RAM, CPU, graphics card, and using the case, power supply, and hard drive from my old computer, the fans I will make a determination on later. The current OS I have is a windows 7, 32 bit OS so I will need to figure that into the price aswell. I have never build a gaming computer before so I have no idea if that will be enough to get it done or not.
So to recap I need to know what operating system is required, what are the minimum system requirements, and will it cost more than I have to spend (buying used parts of course).
Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a PS4 guy so can't help you. Perhaps email customer support? The Battlefront devs are also pretty active on social media and twitter, you may get a reply from them on there.
  • Options
    @ilNomad, thx I will look into that. I was also looking into maybe getting a PS4 to run battlefront on, any pros of having it on PS4 over PC?
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    To be completely honest, I couldn't say. I'm not much of a PC gamer, I prefer a controller in my hands and a big screen. I will say that the first Battlefront, with all its flaws, ran beautifully on PS4. Still pretty amazing to play it on a 40 inch TV. Really looking forward to BF2

One of lead BF designers: https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall
  • Options
    @ilNomad, when u buy SWBF2 for PS4 its just initial $60 for the whole thing correct? No fees for anything else? Cuz PS4s arnt that high on amazon might have to go for one of them instead...
    My extent of gaming is Wii, my tablet, and world of tanks on my PC so im pretty new to this :p
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Yea the initial price for preorder is $60 I believe. You can get the extended version but eh. There are going to be micro transactions but they're no longer doing DLCs like the first Battlefront so I think it's better.
  • Options
    @ilNomad, actually I was more asking from the PS4 point of view, do u have to pay for internet or will the PS4 work with wi-fi? Also I read about them not having to buy in game content like the last game and that is really a bonus.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you can still use wifi. But don't forget that in order to play multiplayer you need to get PS Plus
  • Options
    @ilNomad, what is PS plus? I have never heard of it before.
  • Options
    PS plus is a yearly subscription (like xbox gold) it costs £45 for 12 months.

The biggest issue you are going to face is going from keyboard and mouse to controller! I moved away from PC back in 2007 and havent looked back, but getting used to the controller after using keyboard and mouse for so long on FPS games took a bit of getting used to!
  • Options
    Cool, thx @Reb_Jaxra will have to consider that into the cost vs cost for a PC.