Actual advice for how to get 7* Yoda if you're F2P for the next Event

Prev1
Aluxendr
358 posts Member
edited February 2016
So if you haven't seen a video on it, he's unbelievably hard.

Best advice I've seen for current play:
Poxx wrote: »
Stage 7 keep retreating until he has Bariss as a companion. Burn the other, bring her dangerously low. She will equalize health dropping Yoda nearly 50%. Burn her low again, after the 2nd equalize, Yoda has a sliver, easy kill.

He gets 2-3 turns per 1 turn your characters get.
His basic hits for 4k, crits for 6k.
His Special single target deals around 7k noncrit, 10k crit
His AoE special does between 2.5-4k, more on crit (seemed like it had high variance)
He constantly has Foresight, due to multiple turns. One of your characters has to burn an attack just to land damage.
Ben (if you somehow have him) is useless. High natural tenacity, and his Tenacity buff makes him completely immune. And it wears off in 2 turns anyways.
If Ben dies, or you gain Offense Up with QGJ, you're screwed. He'll steal it, enrage, and start landing 14k and 10k criticals left and right.
His foresight seems to be bugged as well; out of 20 or so games I actually played through before I started looking for specific Jedi combinations, any time QGJ did a Harmonic with Foresight up, the Assist attack was also dodged/deflected. Every time.
The Jedi with him are all powerful as well; you can't sustain healing with Yoda's damage, and the heal right at the end can ensure a loss.

My advice? If you're F2P, start farming Ima-Gun-Di shards NOW. Counterattacks will provide you with your best chance to wear down Foresights and actually land damage. In addition you will probably want Consular, Luminara, and Barriss, and QGJ.

Nix that, take a Barriss lead, QGJ, JC, Lumi and +1 (Eeth?) and retreat til you get a Barriss like Poxx says in the quote.. That isn't how I actually beat it, but it makes the most sense.

Mace's Expose would be nice, but again, Tenacity for days. If you are completely unwilling to get Ima to 7*, Barriss is your top choice for leader, to help prevent OHKs from his massive crits. You are going to need all 3 main healers though, so make sure you have them leveled and starred.

I beat it using Barriss (L), Consular, Luminara, QGJ and Kit Fisto (His counter, high life and bonus attacks really stood out).

It still took more attempts than I could count, and I gave up trying to make a video of it, especially since I was cursing uncontrollably by the end.

They might tune it down, and there's also a bug where Anakin is level 1 right now.

If not, my advice is to look for Plo Koon/Jedi Guardian/Ahsoka/IGD combinations (IGD doesnt provide his leader ability). They do the least damage, heal only if you're unlucky, and have low-ish Potency.

Good luck.

Edit:

And since I guess proof of experience is nice when you're taking advice...

yoda.png
Post edited by Aluxendr on

Replies

• Thank you for this good advice.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for advice. But no way around Eeth Koth - you can't farm in cantina battles several chars at once, while there is Eeth Koth in arena. Even if weak, Eeth Koth is a guaranteed 7* in a month, and it doesn't interfere with any other Jedi farming
  • Thanks for the info! I am at the mercy of fate (mace is 62 shards from 5*), but at least I know what to expect.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    My team will have to be Bariss, Koth, QGJ, JC, and Lumni. Maybe I could sub someone for Ahsoka
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Thanks for advice. But no way around Eeth Koth - you can't farm in cantina battles several chars at once, while there is Eeth Koth in arena. Even if weak, Eeth Koth is a guaranteed 7* in a month, and it doesn't interfere with any other Jedi farming

I don't have any experience with Eeth, but he doesn't look impressive.

One of the only reasons I scraped by was Kit. The counters made a gigantic difference when my turns came around in keeping foresight off.

IGD has 2 hard nodes; it's gonna be a couple months til this even comes back. Take my advice or don't, it's entirely up to you guys. I'm just telling you going in without healers pumped and QGJ it's gonna be really hard, the way it's tuned right now.

IGD just looks like the easiest way to handle this even for F2P that don't have access to Aayla, or Kit. In fact, it's probably the BEST way, but I can't say for sure since mine was only 6*.

Maybe they'll make it easier though...maybe.
    Thanks for the info! I am at the mercy of fate (mace is 62 shards from 5*), but at least I know what to expect.

Mace actually might not be bad, since he will be hitting harder and will have self-healing. His Exposes might end up screwing you though, since all 3 Jedi will have the Tenacity buff most of the time, Yoda has high tenacity anyways, and when they resist an effect they gain something to the tune of 25% Turn Meter
  • Nice bit of advice. Thank you
  • Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Now do I continue to farm Koth or just cut my losses...
  • OP please put a shirt on. Thanks.
  • JoshG wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Now do I continue to farm Koth or just cut my losses...

There are no other Jedi in the Arena Shop. If you don't need anyone else from Arena, farm him. They might scale down his damage to make him less Mary Sue-ish in terms of damage, and a 7* is a 7*.

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey Thanks for this post!

I have toget 3 more Jedi and this helps me out.
    I was farming Mace (32/80) but having some doubts about him I was thinking about IGD or Koon instead. I'm close to unlocking IGDs node so I'll work on him.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks. Poxx posted this tip elsewhere, might come in handy for all you 7 star chaps. Seems a legit tip.

Stage 7 keep retreating until he has Bariss as a companion. Burn the other, bring her dangerously low. She will equalize health dropping Yoda nearly 50%. Burn her low again, after the 2nd equalize, Yoda has a sliver, easy kill.

Edit: All you 7 star guys, Barriss absolutely required? I don't have her. Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, QGJ and Eeth. What do you think? Start working on her?
  • Frankly. Unless it is a couple months (honestly I'm fairly sure it will be sooner), Koth is a must have for a 7* Jedi team. No other way to do it. Once my Mace is 7*, I'll probably shift to Barris... Nah I'll go back to GS
  • Thanks. Poxx posted this tip elsewhere, might come in handy for all you 7 star chaps. Seems a legit tip.

That's pretty ingenious. I'm gonna add that quote in the main post.
  • Looks like great advice, thanks!
  • Jesus747 wrote: »
    OP please put a shirt on. Thanks.

Are you familiar with avatars? Probably not. Look it up.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Jesus747 wrote: »

That's actually the OPs real pic. It's right before his first Hollywood jump in AB school after just getting out of training at Jackson.

Jk Alux <3
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for the tips.
    Ima Gun Di is not a practical option for anyone starting from scratch. Even at 100 crystals (plus energy refreshes) per day you are looking at 3 months to get him to 7*.
    I'm going to have to stick to Barriss, Lumi, JC, QJC and Mace and hope for the best I suppose.
    Who knows, in a month from now everyone may have decided Yoda stinks. :)
    Question is.. would I be better off to star up Anakin instead? I just got him and he's only 4* and doesn't have a Cantina node so I am guessing that will not work compared to Mace.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Telaan wrote: »

That's actually the OPs real pic. It's right before his first Hollywood jump in AB school after just getting out of training at Jackson.

Jk Alux <3

Lol. I remember the people from Jackson when I went to Benning. That's not too far off...

Though some of them passed and several 18-X candidates failed out, like the one guy who had a legit 10-pack and could do 30 perfect form dead hang pull-ups....but couldn't do 54 sit-ups in 2 minutes.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips.
    Ima Gun Di is not a practical option for anyone starting from scratch. Even at 100 crystals (plus energy refreshes) per day you are looking at 3 months to get him to 7*.
    I'm going to have to stick to Barriss, Lumi, JC, QJC and Mace and hope for the best I suppose.
    Question is.. would I be better off to star up Anakin instead? I just got him and he's only 4* and doesn't have a Cantina node so I am guessing that will not work compared to Mace.

I just can't 3 star the last node for Anakin, 7 D I think? Something wrong with the ally system, can't get anyone but an HK. I'm ditching him and going for Ahsoka and Eeth. You got the pack?
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips.

I think that Barriss option is the best plan. Bunker down for a few rounds with Barriss as lead, nuke Barriss til she equalizes, then try to down him.

I was too dumb to figure that one out myself and went with the "hit the wall until the bricks break" method, but it sound pretty viable.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »

Jk Alux <3

Lol. I remember the people from Jackson when I went to Benning. That's not too far off...

Though some of them passed and several 18-X candidates failed out, like the one guy who had a legit 10-pack and could do 30 perfect form dead hang pull-ups....but couldn't do 54 sit-ups in 2 minutes.

Most those 18x guys already thought they were tabbed vets. Not much different than ranger tabbed 11b guys in non-ranger bat line units..... Just annoying lol.
  • Telaan wrote: »

Jk Alux <3

Most those 18x guys already thought they were tabbed vets. Not much different than ranger tabbed 11b guys in non-ranger bat line units..... Just annoying lol.

Yep, i went in as an 18X. I wasn't as bad as most of the **** (oh god i still remember the **** who kept long tabs inside the flap-pocket in their PCs), but we were all snots.

AFAIK, out of 132 of us, 1 guy made it through the course to a team. Such cost efficiency, much results, very wow.

And hey, smart Rangers are good for the platoon. Strong Rangers, on the other hand...
  • Aluxendr wrote: »

His AoE special does between 2.5-4k, more on crit (seemed like it had high variance)
    He constantly has Foresight, due to multiple turns. One of your characters has to burn an attack just to land damage.
    Ben (if you somehow have him) is useless. High natural tenacity, and his Tenacity buff makes him completely immune. And it wears off in 2 turns anyways.
    If Ben dies, or you gain Offense Up with QGJ, you're screwed. He'll steal it, enrage, and start landing 14k and 10k criticals left and right.
    His foresight seems to be bugged as well; out of 20 or so games I actually played through before I started looking for specific Jedi combinations, any time QGJ did a Harmonic with Foresight up, the Assist attack was also dodged/deflected. Every time.
    The Jedi with him are all powerful as well; you can't sustain healing with Yoda's damage, and the heal right at the end can ensure a loss.

My advice? If you're F2P, start farming Ima-Gun-Di shards NOW. Counterattacks will provide you with your best chance to wear down Foresights and actually land damage. In addition you will probably want Consular, Luminara, and Barriss, and QGJ.

Mace's Expose would be nice, but again, Tenacity for days. If you are completely unwilling to get Ima to 7*, Barriss is your top choice for leader, to help prevent OHKs from his massive crits. You are going to need all 3 main healers though, so make sure you have them leveled and starred.

I beat it using Barriss (L), Consular, Luminara, QGJ and Kit Fisto (His counter, high life and bonus attacks really stood out).

It still took more attempts than I could count, and I gave up trying to make a video of it, especially since I was cursing uncontrollably by the end.

They might tune it down, and there's also a bug where Anakin is level 1 right now.

If not, my advice is to look for Plo Koon/Jedi Guardian/Ahsoka/IGD combinations (IGD doesnt provide his leader ability). They do the least damage, heal only if you're unlucky, and have low-ish Potency.

Good luck.

Edit:

yoda.png

Sir ranger, are you able to help me out with this?

I'm just wondering if this team can beat the Yoda challenge? (When they are fully 7*)

Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, JC, Mace.

Currently I'm only cleared up to stage 4 because I have lumi, Eeth , JC, mace and Bariss which are at least 4*s.

I'm gonna continuing farming Eeth, Mace and QGJ which are at 4*, 4* and 3* respectively.

Any opinion guys?

And does anyone of y'all know when will the next event be back? Since I can't have Yoda by this week :(
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Jk Alux <3

Yep, i went in as an 18X. I wasn't as bad as most of the **** (oh god i still remember the **** who kept long tabs inside the flap-pocket in their PCs), but we were all snots.

AFAIK, out of 132 of us, 1 guy made it through the course to a team. Such cost efficiency, much results, very wow.

And hey, smart Rangers are good for the platoon. Strong Rangers, on the other hand...

Oh yeah lol. I loved how they used to overfill the AB classes and weed people out. Platoon run to the defac...the last 20 people in formation get cut. Lol.

The attrition rate of all the schools just leading up to sf is ridiculous, so I'm not at all surprised by that. But even when those guys wind up in regular line units the training and experience gained along the way is great.

It felt like there was never time to do training outside of nco schools. Deploy, come home, prep to deploy, deploy, repeat. I never had to take a single apft in any of my nco schools cause of the post deployment waiver.

Anyway, don't wanna derail your thread too much. As a heavy dolphin lacking the strong chromium toons you ran (and currently devoting my hard mode runs to finishing my Anakin from 6-7* and Rey), I'm hoping to 7* it with QGJ, Anakin, Luminara, Barris, and JC next go around. I may be able to squeeze 6* out of this round.
  • Aluxendr wrote: »
    I think that Barriss option is the best plan. Bunker down for a few rounds with Barriss as lead, nuke Barriss til she equalizes, then try to down him.

I was too dumb to figure that one out myself and went with the "hit the wall until the bricks break" method, but it sound pretty viable.

I will get Barriss to 7* (wanted to eventually anyway) and have Lumi at 7*. Jinn is 6* and will be 7*. JC is at 5*, might as well take him to 7* for GW. The question is.. continue with Mace or try to make a run at 7* with Anakin? I'm just not sure how good either of Mace or Anakin is.. and Anakin would be hard to get starred up in time. I need 250 shards in 30 days which is a lot of crystals. If I stick with Mace though then I have him, Barriss and JC all fighting over Cantina battles... they have regular missions too though.
    Meanwhile through all this I have unlocked IG-88 and Rey and both are sitting there unactivated, lol. Too many characters at once...
  • Qeltar wrote: »

I will get Barriss to 7* (wanted to eventually anyway) and have Lumi at 7*. Jinn is 6* and will be 7*. JC is at 5*, might as well take him to 7* for GW. The question is.. continue with Mace or try to make a run at 7* with Anakin? I'm just not sure how good either of Mace or Anakin is.. and Anakin would be hard to get starred up in time. I need 250 shards in 30 days which is a lot of crystals. If I stick with Mace though then I have him, Barriss and JC all fighting over Cantina battles... they have regular missions too though.
    Meanwhile through all this I have unlocked IG-88 and Rey and both are sitting there unactivated, lol. Too many characters at once...

I'd go Anakin. He's really a lot better than these naysayers put on. He's also decent in arena right now when coupled with QGJ lead. He's positioned to be very good when the level cap gets raised again. Mace will always just be meh.

• Poxx wrote: »

Sadly, it works like this for counter-attacks as well: Yoda did his AOE and all five of my guys (using Ima Gun Di as leader) attacked him and he dodged every one. I suppose I could see this as "working as designed" since technically they're all attacking at the same time, but dang it would be nice if some of them hit.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    There's just no way I can get him to 7* by next month. I'd be looking two months out. At least.
    On the other hand if I try to do all of JC, Barriss and Mace I can't make it either. I need 185 Barriss shards, if I do both her nodes that's maybe 50, so then 135 with 2 refreshes is 15 days, and then I still have to do Mace and JC. JC has missions too, but energy is limited. At least Anakin would move me off Cantina there.
    But then what the heck did I 5* Mace for? Sigh. Well I didn't know they'd put Anakin in a pack I guess.
    My real problem is right now I have zero idea how good either Mace OR Anakin is. I do know when I got Yoda, Mace did the most damage thanks to his expose, but that's hardly typical. ;)
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Feng wrote: »

Good luck.

Edit:

yoda.png

Sir ranger, are you able to help me out with this?

I'm just wondering if this team can beat the Yoda challenge? (When they are fully 7*)

Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, JC, Mace.

Currently I'm only cleared up to stage 4 because I have lumi, Eeth , JC, mace and Bariss which are at least 4*s.

I'm gonna continuing farming Eeth, Mace and QGJ which are at 4*, 4* and 3* respectively.

Any opinion guys?

And does anyone of y'all know when will the next event be back? Since I can't have Yoda by this week :(

Check that quote from Poxx at the top of my OP. That wasn't how I did it, but it sounds like the best way to do it to me.

Also, I was never Ranger qualified. Just a grunt. ;D
  • @Feng very possible if you get good RNG on dodges.