Actual advice for how to get 7* Yoda if you're F2P for the next Event

2Next

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    There's just no way I can get him to 7* by next month. I'd be looking two months out. At least.
    On the other hand if I try to do all of JC, Barriss and Mace I can't make it either. I need 185 Barriss shards, if I do both her nodes that's maybe 50, so then 135 with 2 refreshes is 15 days, and then I still have to do Mace and JC. JC has missions too, but energy is limited. At least Anakin would move me off Cantina there.
    But then what the heck did I 5* Mace for? Sigh. Well I didn't know they'd put Anakin in a pack I guess.
    My real problem is right now I have zero idea how good either Mace OR Anakin is. I do know when I got Yoda, Mace did the most damage thanks to his expose, but that's hardly typical. ;)

I farmed him from 0/80 to 5* with enough extra shards that this pack put me at 6*; entirely through his two hard nodes. Even if you don't have enough to 7* this time, you'll definitely be at 6* next time.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    I farmed him from 0/80 to 5* with enough extra shards that this pack put me at 6*; entirely through his two hard nodes. Even if you don't have enough to 7* this time, you'll definitely be at 6* next time.
    Looks like you chose well, young Skywalker. :)
    I probably didn't. I still can't figure out how good either Mace or Anakin is. I don't want to spend gobs of energy farming hard nodes for a guy who I literally never see in either arena or GW, ever. Of course I never see Mace either.
    Maybe I'll just start farming Anakin's nodes, do Barriss in Cantina (she's a given) and see how it goes. But I had planned to use my energy on other nodes, like Rey. I'm not really sure getting that last star for Yoda is worth all this.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    There's just no way I can get him to 7* by next month. I'd be looking two months out. At least.
    On the other hand if I try to do all of JC, Barriss and Mace I can't make it either. I need 185 Barriss shards, if I do both her nodes that's maybe 50, so then 135 with 2 refreshes is 15 days, and then I still have to do Mace and JC. JC has missions too, but energy is limited. At least Anakin would move me off Cantina there.
    But then what the heck did I 5* Mace for? Sigh. Well I didn't know they'd put Anakin in a pack I guess.
    My real problem is right now I have zero idea how good either Mace OR Anakin is. I do know when I got Yoda, Mace did the most damage thanks to his expose, but that's hardly typical. ;)

Honestly man, I'm thinking the Barriss trick is probably the best thing to do. Barriss Leader, QGJ, Lumi, JC and 1 more, bunker down and kill 1 Jedi and force the AI Barriss to split HPs with Yoda. He has something like 70-100k HPs.

And if you have Rey to work on, I would get her if you're just looking for Arena wins. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be settling on QGJ (L), Ben, Rey, Poe, and Geo Soldier. Yoda looks cool, and if the damage meta gets debuffed some being able to give debuff immunity, foresight and some buffs would be great...but right now, you just need to hit hard, and hit fast.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    Honestly man, I'm thinking the Barriss trick is probably the best thing to do.

I understand exactly what that trick is, I'm saying I can't go beyond 5* now and am trying to figure out how to get to 7* for next incarnation. I have 7* Lumi, 6* Jinn, 5* Barriss, 5* JC, 5* Mace and 4* Anakin. Barriss I will get to 7*, after that it is harder to figure out.
    I can get to 6* next time no problem. But I am not sure it makes sense to do tons of farming for that 7th star.
    I am still running a 6-week-old Arena team and how I have managed to stay in the top 50 I am not even sure. :)

I understand exactly what that trick is, I'm saying I can't go beyond 5* now and am trying to figure out how to get to 7* for next incarnation. I have 7* Lumi, 6* Jinn, 5* Barriss, 5* JC, 5* Mace and 4* Anakin. Barriss I will get to 7*, after that it is harder to figure out.
    I can get to 6* next time no problem. But I am not sure it makes sense to do tons of farming for that 7th star.

How much of a problem is GW for you? It's not an overexaggeration when people say JC wins GW.

I would say farming JC and QGJ are good all-around ideas anyways. Barriss is good too and would make your life considerably easier to get Yoda to 7*. And if you don't need anything from Arena, Eeth has respectable health, mediocre damage, and enough Potency to maybe land his stun when Yoda isn't buffed for Tenacity.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I do fine in GW and that's with not having leveled up a character in a month and a half. I should very much be fine now with Yoda, Mace and Jinn added to my ranks. :) My normal team is Barriss, Lumi, Daka, Dooku and GS.
    I am now tinkering with Jinn in place of GS especially against buff teams. The funny thing is that sometimes giving the team offense up is bad in GW.. it makes games go too fast and my cooldowns can't reset fast enough on Lumi.
    Eeth I would be starting from scratch. I am farming nothing from Arena and have 17,000 tokens sitting there. But I decided to not get him because he simply seems underwhelming. I swore I was not going to spend resources on Jedi just for this event.. my one "flyer" was Mace since I thought his buffs looked interesting.
    I think I am just going to work on Anakin, Barriss and JC, get them to 6*, while also working on Poe and Rey. Going bonkers to get an additional 400 shards in a month seems like a recipe for frustration and wasted crystals. :)
  • Thx for the advice sadly im going to have to run eeth

My team is qui gon, lumi, counsler,eeth, and mace or barriss

Have ima gun di at 4* so I have to switch him out for either mace or barriss still undecided on who
    I do fine in GW and that's with not having leveled up a character in a month and a half. I should very much be fine now with Yoda, Mace and Jinn added to my ranks. :) My normal team is Barriss, Lumi, Daka, Dooku and GS.
    I am now tinkering with Jinn in place of GS especially against buff teams. The funny thing is that sometimes giving the team offense up is bad in GW.. it makes games go too fast and my cooldowns can't reset fast enough on Lumi.
    Eeth I would be starting from scratch. I am farming nothing from Arena and have 17,000 tokens sitting there. But I decided to not get him because he simply seems underwhelming. I swore I was not going to spend resources on Jedi just for this event.. my one "flyer" was Mace since I thought his buffs looked interesting.
    I think I am just going to work on Anakin, Barriss and JC, get them to 6*, while also working on Poe and Rey. Going bonkers to get an additional 400 shards in a month seems like a recipe for frustration and wasted crystals. :)

Yup, sounds like a good plan.

And his stat gain is fairly mediocre from 6 to 7*. Was .6/.6/.9, so not huge increases to health pool vs gearing.

I am still running a 6-week-old Arena team and how I have managed to stay in the top 50 I am not even sure. :)

I am in the similar situation as you are (actually well behind you), but why Anakin over Mace? Anakin shines whenever your comrades get killed as he can interrupt and deliver an amplified damage, but nothing much else. He also probably needs an offense up buff from the leader.

On the other hand, I would think Mace with his ability to deliver higher damage/self-heal with his normal attack and deliver expose is a better option? What's your view?
  • I've been playing with them both lately but at lower levels and so far I've found mace to be better for more utility but I don't know when either of them steps ahead of the other. As of now my anakins aoe never kills anyone lol. So it's a light aoe damage only. I decided mace was the easier farm and went with him. Mace got the adjustment so I'm thinking he will end up best of the two for now . I will have yoda next time if I don't get lucky on the last day this time.