Why don't offence up/down override eachother anymore?

Olga
1333 posts Member
edited July 2017
In the past offence up or offence down would be overriden depending on which buff was up first. Now they are up at the same time, cancelling eachother out. Why is that?

Replies

• Noticed the same with tenacity
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it's just a visual change, they always cancelled eachother out. Atleast, that is what i was lead to believe.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    I'm not sure. Offence down always seemed pretty definite to me in the past, I've never noticed enemies doing normal damage once debuffed, though I cant think of specific examples.
  • As a huge advocate of Boba Fett, I fully support this change.

Also what leef said, allegedly it was always treated this way, it's just a visual difference. I don't commonly use any OUp & ODown characters together enough to weigh in on whether that is true though.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    hmm, well tenacity down just replaces tenacity up, right? but O up and O down can be seen at the same time? so does that imply O down is the status that's actually true or is it whatever that's applied last?
  • M_L wrote: »
    hmm, well tenacity down just replaces tenacity up, right? but O up and O down can be seen at the same time? so does that imply O down is the status that's actually true or is it whatever that's applied last?

No, T up and down can also be seen at the same time. Every SE that has a double shows 2 effects at the same time.
  • It actually makes a lot of sense to have them both up there, since they have different durations.
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    They may say its only visual dif. But i swear the tank would do massive damage to my toons with offence down in P3 even if palp had just given offence up. Only displayed O down and treated toons unbuffed.

I appreciate the change but think it should come with a UI overhaul so we can get a better viee of the stacks of buffs/debuffs toons end up with these days.
  • Why did this get moved to squad and toon section, this is game mechanics
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    As a huge advocate of Boba Fett, I fully support this change.

Also what leef said, allegedly it was always treated this way, it's just a visual difference. I don't commonly use any OUp & ODown characters together enough to weigh in on whether that is true though.

Except it shouldn't affect Boba in the slightest, as they were always both there.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Except it shouldn't affect Boba in the slightest, as they were always both there.

This^ you can only saw 1 but there were both
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Thanks that kinda helps but kinda confuses me at the same time. Potency and tenacity up cancel eachother out?
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Correct, but it affects me because I get to see a crazy long row just vaporize.
  • Siukong
    28 posts Member
    It always did. SRP used to revive for me while only showing O down. That's when I realized certain buffs were still there but "hidden".