Bringing Balance to the Force

I've spent a fair bit of time reading a torrent of negativity over the past week. First the POE scandal which has been blown out all proportion now Yoda. First let me say the way the POE debarked was handled wasn't great but I don't think any of the decks were prepared for such a fierce reaction from so many people over very minor changes to a character. The truth behind it is it's not just about POE he's become the point of fixation it's more about the fact speed was clearly broken in the way turn priority was determined and that was never clearly communicated. Then came the stat changes which most people see as deceit. I understand this upsets people but I can honestly say no one is talking about any of the positives like the improved UI and quality of life changes.
Then there's Yoda a character they could've easily made crazy cash off if he was random drop Chromium. I like the event and yes there is some gating involved but this isn't done maliciously to be prohibitive they are intending Yoda to be a reward that is earned over time as we all did with Sidious.
So my point if you're wondering is simple look at a great number of positives before we bath in the the negativity bath. If I were working on this game this week would be a massive kick in the teeth, surely we want the team to continue to interact but in the face of such negativity, ask yourself would you? Or would you restrict information, close down the comms and post patch patch notes once a week?

Replies

• I agree with a lot of what you said. There is a lot of negativity here, and the game is really a lot of fun to play.

But to say that Yoda is not an income opportunity for the game is absurd. You need 5x, 5* Jedi just to unlock him. The $60 Jedi fun pack appeared the day before. I do get it. It is a business, and we do not have to buy it. But people are spending that money to get Yoda, obviously.

The basic game is free to all, and I still appreciate that. I just wish I wasn't the type that had to spend on it, like I do.
  • Yeah I suppose if I was to look at the pack of Jedi released right before you need 5 x 5 star Jedi to unlock Yoda it doesn't look great. I too also spend quite substantial somes of my own cash on refreshes etc but I do love the game. Probably my greatest frustration at the moment is I only have 4 x 5 star Jedi and can't unlock Yoda until tomorrow when I collect my last 10 shards for my JC to unlock my prize.