The Ewok Marquee event was stunning! Paploo was stunned to be included!

Prev1
At the beginning of every round where you didn't get a training tip the imperials stunned Pappy, LOL. I reset a few times but in the end never got to see what his other abilities looked like because he was stunned and regaining TM as each match finished. Kinda funny. Also use Droids for ewok events.
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• You know what else is stunning? Not Han. Literally every single trooper took a turn before him beggening phase 2 3 and 4
  • I didnt have an issue with stun because droids, but how about those sweet bonus tier rewards?
    I could go on for days about that, but im really curious why they are suddenly making mods so accessible? Its almost like new mods are on the way or something....
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    EmeraldZx wrote: »
    You know what else is stunning? Not Han. Literally every single trooper took a turn before him beggening phase 2 3 and 4

Same issue with full TM Resistance. I think this was intended.
  • It couldn't be that they've genuinely become convinced that the mod grind was a bit too much, given how important it is to have certain rare mods? We do know that they didn't anticipate how much people would be taking mods off characters and putting them on others. That wasn't the intent. It was to mod each character individually and not be constantly switching them. Maybe they just want to get us closer to the intent. We don't need a conspiracy theory for everything they do.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Parableman wrote: »
    It couldn't be that they've genuinely become convinced that the mod grind was a bit too much, given how important it is to have certain rare mods? We do know that they didn't anticipate how much people would be taking mods off characters and putting them on others. That wasn't the intent. It was to mod each character individually and not be constantly switching them. Maybe they just want to get us closer to the intent. We don't need a conspiracy theory for everything they do.

What? :neutral:
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    At the beginning of every round where you didn't get a training tip the imperials stunned Pappy, LOL. I reset a few times but in the end never got to see what his other abilities looked like because he was stunned and regaining TM as each match finished. Kinda funny. Also use Droids for ewok events.
    JinSaotome wrote: »

Use a taunter, or R2 smokescreen to hide the murder bear

Pretaunt, yeah forgot about that. I brought in Chopper and GK but even with droids at full TM when the match ended, empire still got to go first and stun Pappy at the beginning of every match. It was funny at first
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • IJL_DR
    41 posts Member
    I used full ewok squad with R2. Gave me a chance to see how the ewoks work together as a team. It was fun! Any stun was easily cleared by ewok elder
  • Parableman wrote: »
    It couldn't be that they've genuinely become convinced that the mod grind was a bit too much, given how important it is to have certain rare mods? We do know that they didn't anticipate how much people would be taking mods off characters and putting them on others. That wasn't the intent. It was to mod each character individually and not be constantly switching them. Maybe they just want to get us closer to the intent. We don't need a conspiracy theory for everything they do.

Conspiracy theory? The rewards for other bonus tiers are shards gear and credits. I was expecting the same. Then i got 2 very average totally worthless mods.

Here are the facts.
    They changed the rewards for a reason from a broad range of rewards to a VERY specific reward, which is also specifically a blue potency mod without speed secondary (as far as i have seen).
    Now i doubt there are a lot of people farming potency. I know there arent a lot farming blue mods. And im sure they arent looking for a blue potency mod without speed secondary. I would toss them if they came up in a farm, which i actually did. So if they really were looking to help they would have made them completely random.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    Really nice event. Breezed through all tiers (lvl 83) with my G8 Sith (except G9 Vader and G10 Savage). I only lost Sith Trooper halfway through the 4th phase of the bonus tier. Mods at the end were a nice touch.

I kinda expected an AT-ST at the end of the bonus tier, with those drives lying around before.
  • I liked the event... glad it allowed us to use our whole roster even for bonus tier and also got a nice +14 speed mod :)
  • I went in with my arena team (zThrawn, Vader, EP, TFP, Shore) and ended up finishing the final round with full protection. On everyone.

Also, I'm pretty sure Paploo's attacks were so weak that they actually healed the enemies.
  • Lol
    I did the first battles with only ewoks + rg to see what they could do..
    Bobus tier with srena team
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Autod the event with full FO, Paploo hardly did anything, nor was the event that interesting. Was pretty disappointed in the bonus tier rewards as I was hoping to get more shards as reward for a very difficult battle, but instead it was just some useless mods.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I finished the event DESPITE having a game-given Paploo. I don't know if he's good in an all-ewok team, but in the event he was very bad. I like getting mods in the end, though.
  • I used all Ewoks plus Ventress (her AOE dispel was pretty useful) until the bonus round.

Paploo did plenty.

Why do people act surprised when they're maxed squads with good mods outperform an unmodded Paploo who is intended to be used with Ewoks?
  • Widget_gadget
    875 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    benacrow wrote: »
    Autod the event with full FO, Paploo hardly did anything, nor was the event that interesting. Was pretty disappointed in the bonus tier rewards as I was hoping to get more shards as reward for a very difficult battle, but instead it was just some useless mods.

quote]tenor.gif
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    I used all Ewoks plus Ventress (her AOE dispel was pretty useful) until the bonus round.

Paploo did plenty.

Why do people act surprised when they're maxed squads with good mods outperform an unmodded Paploo who is intended to be used with Ewoks?

*their
    And because this was the first new content in a while, and I was looking forward to a challenge (esp a challenging bonus tier with good rewards), but got a bench warmer with no difficulty and some useless mods.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    After doing the event, i've come to conclusion that:

- Paploo is not universal char, not plug and play type.
    - Have benefit under teebo lead, almost perma-taunt.
    - Great addition to ewok faction.
    - Below par with current trend chars (chaze, gk, nihilus, zylo, u named it)
    - Will be fun team to play with in GW/aat. Will suffer if use in arena. Tm team manipulation is great, but they don't actually make heavy damage.
    - Great to finally ewok have tank, but if compare to other great tank like shore, gk, baze. It's not match.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member

quote="benacrow;c-1185689"]Autod the event with full FO, Paploo hardly did anything, nor was the event that interesting. Was pretty disappointed in the bonus tier rewards as I was hoping to get more shards as reward for a very difficult battle, but instead it was just some useless mods.
    tenor.gif
    [/quote]

image.gif
  • benacrow wrote: »

quote="benacrow;c-1185689"]Autod the event with full FO, Paploo hardly did anything, nor was the event that interesting. Was pretty disappointed in the bonus tier rewards as I was hoping to get more shards as reward for a very difficult battle, but instead it was just some useless mods.
    tenor.gif

image.gif[/quote]

We have shared the same opinions in the past, and you seem to be slug material
    You should join my guild. We are on the verge of booting a suspected cheater/whiner, so a spot may be available.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    first off, those forced ally slot character thingy usually isn't a good way to gauge that toons strenght/usefullness.
    That said, if you wanted to, you could have fun with paploo in this event. I seriously don't get people who complain about this event eventhough they just auto'd it with their arena team wich didn't synergize at all with paploo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Blew through it with my HAAT clone team. Honestly "bearly" bothered with Paploo. The clones wiped out the opposition, so he was neither here nor there. Decent rewards, though, so no complaints.
  • Paploo didn't get stunned once for me. But I see using base, so...
  • benacrow wrote: »
    I used all Ewoks plus Ventress (her AOE dispel was pretty useful) until the bonus round.

Paploo did plenty.

*their
    And because this was the first new content in a while, and I was looking forward to a challenge (esp a challenging bonus tier with good rewards), but got a bench warmer with no difficulty and some useless mods.

Yes "their" you are correct. Silly slip on my part.

A marquee event isn't new content as far as I'm concerned.

I was definitely surprised by the bonus tier reward -- two unusable mods in my case.

Still, if you don't want to be able to just auto something, use a weaker team.
  • I got absurdly lucky on the bonus round and got two God mods with 15 speed secondaries. That NEVER happens to me.
  • I got absurdly lucky on the bonus round and got two God mods with 15 speed secondaries. That NEVER happens to me.

I got potency mods with no speed or offense.

giphy.gif
  • Artimus
    175 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Parableman wrote: »

Conspiracy theory? The rewards for other bonus tiers are shards gear and credits. I was expecting the same. Then i got 2 very average totally worthless mods.

Here are the facts.
    They changed the rewards for a reason from a broad range of rewards to a VERY specific reward, which is also specifically a blue potency mod without speed secondary (as far as i have seen).
    Now i doubt there are a lot of people farming potency. I know there arent a lot farming blue mods. And im sure they arent looking for a blue potency mod without speed secondary. I would toss them if they came up in a farm, which i actually did. So if they really were looking to help they would have made them completely random.

I received a speed secondary that turned out to be + 10 after leveling it up to six. Not to shabby, in my own and never ever humble opinion. You have to remember your getting a small sample source pool. Add to that the rarity of secondary speed mods exceeding + 6. I should probably be out buying lottery tickets. ;)

Not many people farming potency mods...You're so funny!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I got absurdly lucky on the bonus round and got two God mods with 15 speed secondaries. That NEVER happens to me.

Sweet, especially since I got a health cross mod with health primary, and +7 defence, +1.6% defence as secondaries. Not sure if there's a worse mod than that, but it's bad.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Parableman wrote: »

Here are the facts.

I got a potency cross with a speed secondary that went to 12.