How are Territory battles going to work?

Prev1
KueChael
930 posts Moderator
Is it going to be a daily event? Will the rewards be ranked based on placement, points earned, guild strength, or all the previous?
We know it will use the whole squad, so will it be Faction based? I.e.: Monday Jedi and sith battles. Tuesday resistance and first order, Wednesday separatist and Republic, Thursday droids and clones. Friday empire and Rebels, Saturday scoundrels and jawas, Sunday ewoks and Troopers. This way the empire, event would only be empire characters and once completed the rebel event would start.
Would the above format be arena like, keeping a rank for your Faction. I.E. 5th overall Sith, 100th Jedi, 475 Ewok, 225 Scoundrel.

These would make a little sense.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Only @CG_Kozispoon knows and she isn't telling.... yet!

Don't worry I'm sure over the next week or 2 we will start to see more official information announced, but anything that comes up now is 85% speculation, 10% perspiration, and 7.5% luck (if they are correct ) :wink:
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I just want to know in case I'd have to change guilds. Is it like HAAT, where my guild isn't strong enough to play. Although I am. If rewards are based on guild strength, the game will be extremely rough for noobs. But if it's a combination of individual, guild, and personal placement or rank of faction, then everyone will accelerate at an even pace depending on Faction strength.
  • Rewards will be equal across the guild
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    In that case.... better find a new guild. After the intro. I have a terrific invitation that is pending the battles role out.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Don't worry I'm sure over the next week or 2 we will start to see more official information announced, but anything that comes up now is 85% speculation, 10% perspiration, and 7.5% luck (if they are correct ) :wink:

So true...
    bzoj9mioh4yh.jpg

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KueChael wrote: »
    I just want to know in case I'd have to change guilds. Is it like HAAT, where my guild isn't strong enough to play. Although I am. If rewards are based on guild strength, the game will be extremely rough for noobs. But if it's a combination of individual, guild, and personal placement or rank of faction, then everyone will accelerate at an even pace depending on Faction strength.

I don't think it will be like Haat, at least part of the rewards are going to be a new currency to buy from a new store. So many guilds will be able to participate and get something, I think. That's how I have understood what I have seen/heard.

But here is a good summary and some info if you want to listen to the most recent "from the houses mouth" info out there.
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Morpheus wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Yeah in a radio interview, the devs said this new game mode will break up guilds like the AAT Raid did, which they view as a positive thing.

For real or are you missing the /s?

For real.
    https://radiofreetatooine.com/galactic-war-report-episode-64-with-jesse-justin-from-eacg/

A summary from a guild mate
    1)The creative director approached the new game mode as follows. He treats all the characters like toys and the new territories will be the game board on which you play with your toys. Toys that are specific to the environment will have bonuses. Also the reward character shards will be specific to the territory environment. So basically characters that appeared on Hoth will have some bonuses on Hoth, and if the next territory is Dathomir the nightsisters will have a bonus.

2) We are getting Commander Luke but they wouldn't clear up which version (Luke is a commander in ESB and ROTJ).

3) Ewok pass because "hey, why not?" And they designed each leader to be good at a different aspect of the game so you can use an ewok squad anywhere.

4). Rewards sound like they will be the hard to get gear (cuffs, carbantis, holo projectors etc) and maybe something new

5). They know this new mode will break up guilds and they see this as a good thing so you can have a"healthier guild with no slackers"

Thanks @CaptainRex makes my job easy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

i don't trust these numbers =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »

i don't trust these numbers =D

It's all dependent on how lucky you get... :smiley:
  • -2.5% correct perhaps
  • I feel like it's progression based. Crappy guild, you make it through 5 stages, get the same rewards. NAAT guild, maybe 10 stages, better rewards. HAAT guild, maybe beat the whole thing, get raid gear and exclusive character shards. #Speculation
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I feel like it's progression based. **** guild, you make it through 5 stages, get the same rewards. NAAT guild, maybe 10 stages, better rewards. HAAT guild, maybe beat the whole thing, get raid gear and exclusive character shards. #Speculation

This sounds like what they say is going to happen except on one point, they have said it will have a new store and in that store is where you can get hoth leia and han. But again just more speculation until we know, ya know.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator

Until then...we all need to just sit back and relax
    801r2a46fj7x.gif
  • sying
    982 posts Member

It would seem there's no math test for new mods.
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    I like how people have an issue with the maths in the thread and not the information being sweated out, 10% perspiration ftw.....
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Noone has any patience or does any research on their own. They will tell u when they tell u and not b4.

When r Yoda, EP, R2 and Thrawn returning ? When they return.

Can u get info on territory battles ? When they tell u.

Is this squad good enuf for an event or Arena ? Try it and find out.

When will such and such be farmable ? When u see it on a node, shard shop, guild shop, fleet shipments.

No Credit Heist today ? 6-12 days does NOT mean 6.

Answers to those 5 questions should kill half of the redundant, inane discussions that plague general chat. yw.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Noone has any patience or does any research on their own. They will tell u when they tell u and not b4.

When will such and such be farmable ? When u see it on a node, shard shop, guild shop, fleet shipments.

Answers to those 5 questions should kill half of the redundant, inane discussions that plague general chat. yw.

+1

That should go on a sticky thread , answers to all your dumb questions ;)
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »

Get rid of all the 'great job, devs' threads too. Wanna praise the game, leave a review in the app stores.
    They don't want to listen to negative (but constructive) criticism, they shouldn't get the positives either. There's no point to them anyway - they develop the game they want to, not at the request of players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    slugbahr wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »

Get rid of all the 'great job, devs' threads too. Wanna praise the game, leave a review in the app stores.
    They don't want to listen to negative (but constructive) criticism, they shouldn't get the positives either. There's no point to them anyway - they develop the game they want to, not at the request of players.

That actually listen quite often, they just can't respond at the speed players want. It takes time and resources to develop.

Everyone should hear when they do a good job and a bad job. It how we all learn and grow.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited July 2017

^^^and this. People bailing on guilds is lame. Hope you land worse off than where you started or you guild leader see's this and boots you now!
  • KueChael wrote: »

^^^and this. People bailing on guilds is lame. Hope you land worse off than where you started or you guild leader see's this and boots you now!

The botched AAT rollout was the problem. It took them a long time to redo T6 like they should of to begin with but the damage was done months before they did anything about it.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2017

I've never understood this philosophy. In real life, if I get a better job offer and leave my job for a better opportunity, people congratulate me. They don't chastise me for abandoning the people I've worked next to for X years. Why do people do it in this game when a person leaves for a guild that is a better opportunity for them.

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?

I get what you are saying but that's people and boards made worse by the fact it's a board about a video game. A lot of posters are kids.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member

I've never understood this philosophy. In real life, if I get a better job offer and leave my job for a better opportunity, people congratulate me. They don't chastise me for abandoning the people I've worked next to for X years. Why do people do it in this game when a person leaves for a guild that is a better opportunity for them.

Yeah but people leaving essentially kills the guild. Say my guild isn't able to beat the HAAT. I decide to leave for a guild who can. Now my former guild is even worse off, since they just lost one of their best players. This will cause more players to leave, until the guild has to disband, or merge.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

Yeah but people leaving essentially kills the guild. Say my guild isn't able to beat the HAAT. I decide to leave for a guild who can. Now my former guild is even worse off, since they just lost one of their best players. This will cause more players to leave, until the guild has to disband, or merge.

The most important part of this game is arena and to be competitive you need the rewards of the haat.
    In my shard everyone in the top 50 uses gk, if you're not doing haat then you can't get in the top 50 - simple.
    I was the first person in my shard to use gk and never fell out of the top 5 until everyone else got him.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Nope, it's yearly event. Prepare ur chars and get max 5 shards of commander luke per year.

145 shards to unlock ;)
  • MK956
    21 posts Member
    I figure that ewoks pass is only because next territory battles... If you follow the story.. with battle of hoth we get commander Luke... And at battle of endor we get Jedi Luke.. as devs said it's all about Luke's journey...I wanted this new game play to be rewarding but I don't think it will.. specially for low to mid end guilds...
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    MK956 wrote: »
    I figure that ewoks pass is only because next territory battles... If you follow the story.. with battle of hoth we get commander Luke... And at battle of endor we get Jedi Luke.. as devs said it's all about Luke's journey...I wanted this new game play to be rewarding but I don't think it will.. specially for low to mid end guilds...

If the reward is too great, maybe there is no low or mid guilds anymore.. they merge into great guilds. If the reward is normal, ppl will bored.. there's no great guilds, maybe they'll quit. If there is no new something.. ppl will bored also.

Everything wrong :sweat_smile:
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

If a guild of 50 people is destroyed by 1 person leaving, then it wasn't a very good guild to begin with. Sounds like everyone was leaching off this person anyways if the guild was so reliant on them.