How are Territory battles going to work?

2Next

Replies

• I'm Interested in the structure. Is it tiered? From the info I've seen, looks like there will be multiple battles in a certain territory. With certain eligible toons. Will all guildies need to hit this certain battle? 50/50 ? 40/40? Etc. Toons that were on Hoth get bonuses. Also are hoth leía and han made to help on Hoth territories? Raid han doesn't really help you defeat the rancor, but gk can help you with haat. (Gk is just a solid toon through and through and he helps everywhere.)
    Or will the Hoth Solos be great in arena and haat etc? Also the "exclusive" gear- really really hoping it's not gear 12. Ships I have a feeling will be big here- with reaper kylo's shuttle, falcon, and cassian's uwing in the territory battle shop.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    The most important part of this game is arena and to be competitive you need the rewards of the haat.
    In my shard everyone in the top 50 uses gk, if you're not doing haat then you can't get in the top 50 - simple.
    I was the first person in my shard to use gk and never fell out of the top 5 until everyone else got him.
    If a guild of 50 people is destroyed by 1 person leaving, then it wasn't a very good guild to begin with. Sounds like everyone was leaching off this person anyways if the guild was so reliant on them.
    1000x this to both!
    I mean GK is not essential to score in top-arena... in the meanwhile. In my day1 shard there are several teams without him. But for a long while the pure presence of GK made your arena team much better. And now he is still awesome in pretty much any squad, squads without him must be very good built.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    I just want to know in case I'd have to change guilds. Is it like HAAT, where my guild isn't strong enough to play. Although I am. If rewards are based on guild strength, the game will be extremely rough for noobs. But if it's a combination of individual, guild, and personal placement or rank of faction, then everyone will accelerate at an even pace depending on Faction strength.

^^^and this. People bailing on guilds is lame. Hope you land worse off than where you started or you guild leader see's this and boots you now!

I've never understood this philosophy. In real life, if I get a better job offer and leave my job for a better opportunity, people congratulate me. They don't chastise me for abandoning the people I've worked next to for X years. Why do people do it in this game when a person leaves for a guild that is a better opportunity for them.

Yeah but people leaving essentially kills the guild. Say my guild isn't able to beat the HAAT. I decide to leave for a guild who can. Now my former guild is even worse off, since they just lost one of their best players. This will cause more players to leave, until the guild has to disband, or merge.

If a guild of 50 people is destroyed by 1 person leaving, then it wasn't a very good guild to begin with. Sounds like everyone was leaching off this person anyways if the guild was so reliant on them.

This is more or less referencing a domino effect. If a strong player leaves, it might make other strong players consider leaving too. Eventually the guild collapses.
  • Regarding environment bonuses, my funny thoughts:

-Does this mean "less than fully dressed" Toons like Ventress, Rey, and Ahsoka will be slower on Hoth, because they'll be cold? Also vice versa, fully winter-clothed Toons like HRScout and HRSoldier will be slower on Mustafar and Tattooine?

LOL!!!
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I just want to know in case I'd have to change guilds. Is it like HAAT, where my guild isn't strong enough to play. Although I am. If rewards are based on guild strength, the game will be extremely rough for noobs. But if it's a combination of individual, guild, and personal placement or rank of faction, then everyone will accelerate at an even pace depending on Faction strength.

^^^and this. People bailing on guilds is lame. Hope you land worse off than where you started or you guild leader see's this and boots you now!

I've never understood this philosophy. In real life, if I get a better job offer and leave my job for a better opportunity, people congratulate me. They don't chastise me for abandoning the people I've worked next to for X years. Why do people do it in this game when a person leaves for a guild that is a better opportunity for them.

Yeah but people leaving essentially kills the guild. Say my guild isn't able to beat the HAAT. I decide to leave for a guild who can. Now my former guild is even worse off, since they just lost one of their best players. This will cause more players to leave, until the guild has to disband, or merge.

Bad example. Our guild wrecks all. And we wouldn't miss you..........well maybe a little
  • give money, get better stuff
  • give money, get better stuff
    Get out of here with your economic sense and logical outlook
  • Regarding environment bonuses, my funny thoughts:

-Does this mean "less than fully dressed" Toons like Ventress, Rey, and Ahsoka will be slower on Hoth, because they'll be cold? Also vice versa, fully winter-clothed Toons like HRScout and HRSoldier will be slower on Mustafar and Tattooine?

LOL!!!

Anakin gets dies immediately in sand environments.
  • It will be very cold, because Hoth is cold...
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    DarkHelmet wrote: »

This is more or less referencing a domino effect. If a strong player leaves, it might make other strong players consider leaving too. Eventually the guild collapses.

...and everyone moves to guilds that are more refletive of the strength of their roster, commitment (either time or finances) and gets rewards commensurate with their strength. And this is bad, why?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

...and everyone moves to guilds that are more refletive of the strength of their roster, commitment (either time or finances) and gets rewards commensurate with their strength. And this is bad, why?
    It's not bad, but for others that are mired in the gear crunch between lvl 9 and 11. Losing a couple of key contributors can hurt what they were aiming for. 2 Guild ringers can carry the good gear for a whole lot of people.
  • Saying that while running that avatar makes me wonder if your being facetious
  • I'm sure we will find out more about territory battles in August...2018
  • 2018? Ouch!
  • Saying that while running that avatar makes me wonder if your being facetious

:D
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member

It's not bad, but for others that are mired in the gear crunch between lvl 9 and 11. Losing a couple of key contributors can hurt what they were aiming for. 2 Guild ringers can carry the good gear for a whole lot of people.

So the whole guild leeches off a couple of players, then shame on them for leaving?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Argarath wrote: »

So the whole guild leeches off a couple of players, then shame on them for leaving?

It's not leeching. This isn't about rosters, it's about mentality. My very first guild was solid and tight knit. That is, until the HAAT. We tried it about a month after it's release, and barely got through P2. After that, we lost some of our best players, and within 48 hours, the guild was gone. Looking back on it, we would have been ready in about 2 weeks, even with the loss of our biggest whale. Imagine if the Warriors lost Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. Now, they still have some amazing players, but would you still call them the best team in the NBA?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator

It's not leeching. This isn't about rosters, it's about mentality. My very first guild was solid and tight knit. That is, until the HAAT. We tried it about a month after it's release, and barely got through P2. After that, we lost some of our best players, and within 48 hours, the guild was gone. Looking back on it, we would have been ready in about 2 weeks, even with the loss of our biggest whale. Imagine if the Warriors lost Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. Now, they still have some amazing players, but would you still call them the best team in the NBA?

This NBA comparison says it best, the top guild players leave and the rest are muddled for a long time. Then there are a few top guilds, but the players at ranks 25-50 could easily be top in most guilds. Getting top gear and better funds. They leave...for shards. Are shards more important then gear? For GK? It's up to the player.
    But the game as a whole loses value when super guilds form, have communication rules and force players to wait 24 hrs before attacking.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member

Worked out well for you. Now you are in one of the best guilds :wink:
  • YuKentVanMeh
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Morpheus wrote: »
    Yeah in a radio interview, the devs said this new game mode will break up guilds like the AAT Raid did, which they view as a positive thing.

5). They know this new mode will break up guilds and they see this as a good thing so you can have a"healthier guild with no slackers"

Cliff notes.
  • I think this time around may be different for the guilds that have Haat on farm as opposed to when guilds had rancor on farm. Speaking personally with rancor we had at best 25/50 who were engaged and active. With Haat at the very least 50 people are active enough to get 600 a day. Also rancor to Haat you went from needing one rancor team to at least 4 haat teams. We need to see the structure and parameters of territory battles and see. It may be easy enough to just have your guild actively farm toons that are needed than going to another guild.

Also our vision is a bit askewed compared to devs. For those of enough to have Haat on farm and are engaged with the forums are a minority it terms of the total player base.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    I think this time around may be different for the guilds that have Haat on farm as opposed to when guilds had rancor on farm. Speaking personally with rancor we had at best 25/50 who were engaged and active. With Haat at the very least 50 people are active enough to get 600 a day. Also rancor to Haat you went from needing one rancor team to at least 4 haat teams. We need to see the structure and parameters of territory battles and see. It may be easy enough to just have your guild actively farm toons that are needed than going to another guild.

Also our vision is a bit askewed compared to devs. For those of enough to have Haat on farm and are engaged with the forums are a minority it terms of the total player base.

I just comes down to how they scale it. If its anything like HAAT we will see the exact same thing, top 5-10 of each guild will merge to complete. Not only did it upscale the squads needed from 1 to 4, they also had to be pretty close to max to even come close to being helpful.

Now as they have said your entire roster counts... If they scale how useful squads are to say g8 teams, then current guilds farming HAAT with a few big whales probably will be fine.

One way I see they could do this is to create a ton of smaller easier battles each player attempts which gives points to the guild, then reward levels based on total points generated by the guild. Similar to the tournament where you have limited use of each character... so the number of "viable" (not complete/uber) is more important.
  • Twin wrote: »
    I think this time around may be different for the guilds that have Haat on farm as opposed to when guilds had rancor on farm. Speaking personally with rancor we had at best 25/50 who were engaged and active. With Haat at the very least 50 people are active enough to get 600 a day. Also rancor to Haat you went from needing one rancor team to at least 4 haat teams. We need to see the structure and parameters of territory battles and see. It may be easy enough to just have your guild actively farm toons that are needed than going to another guild.

I just comes down to how they scale it. If its anything like HAAT we will see the exact same thing, top 5-10 of each guild will merge to complete. Not only did it upscale the squads needed from 1 to 4, they also had to be pretty close to max to even come close to being helpful.

Now as they have said your entire roster counts... If they scale how useful squads are to say g8 teams, then current guilds farming HAAT with a few big whales probably will be fine.

One way I see they could do this is to create a ton of smaller easier battles each player attempts which gives points to the guild, then reward levels based on total points generated by the guild. Similar to the tournament where you have limited use of each character... so the number of "viable" (not complete/uber) is more important.

Yes I'm very interested in how things will be structured and tiered. That's more important to me than the toons that come as prizes or in tb shop.

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »

Worked out well for you. Now you are in one of the best guilds :wink:

#blessed