I wish arena was different in just 1 way

I wish could choose to battle any position in the ranks. As it stands, I refresh to find the lowest ranking, battle, repeat after cd. The issue is that you win, then go about your day, come back and your higher than before. I simply wish this were a more versatile feature in the game.

Replies

• Remove the CD and let players choose to battle any rank.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sniping from 5 to 1 is bad enough, now you want to let people snipe 1 from 25?

not sure thats a good idea.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Sniping is sniping. If someone ranked 3rd and was beaten by someone at 78th...does the #3 rank really deserve 3? Then again, if someone held top 10 all day, they deserve to be there.
    I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud. I don't see how someone could possibly hold a super low ranking. I mean, I seriously doubt the number 1 today was #1 this morning, and vice versa.

Again, just brainstorming. The current system seems limiting.

Sniping is sniping. If someone ranked 3rd and was beaten by someone at 78th...does the #3 rank really deserve 3? Then again, if someone held top 10 all day, they deserve to be there.
    I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud. I don't see how someone could possibly hold a super low ranking. I mean, I seriously doubt the number 1 today was #1 this morning, and vice versa.

Again, just brainstorming. The current system seems limiting.
    Very bad idea.
    It's bad enough that you have to strategize against teams that you can see as your immediate competitions, but now you have invisible competitions too..

Let's face it. Any team on defense can be beaten. If you allow any position to be able to hit #1.. With 100 squads attempting to beat #1.. One will win eventually (through sheer capability or RNG).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    At this point, many teams can beat each other. IMO part of being int he top is the commitment to the journey. it takes an effort to get to the top and I dont think we should remove that path.

it is limiting, but this is dual purpose, one is to make it so the higher you move the more battles you need to complete to get there, but also makes you fall less once you get there.

there are things they could change but I dont think that is one of them.
  • This is a horrible idea, players from the 200's would just snipe number 1 with a resistance team at the moment before payout

If you want to take number one you gotta work up through the ranks like top players did to get to the top, if you can't do that then you shouldn't be at the top
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »

:D That's one of the most well-crafted insults I've ever heard.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

I've seen better...
    At this point, many teams can beat each other. IMO part of being int he top is the commitment to the journey. it takes an effort to get to the top and I dont think we should remove that path.

it is limiting, but this is dual purpose, one is to make it so the higher you move the more battles you need to complete to get there, but also makes you fall less once you get there.

there are things they could change but I dont think that is one of them.

You hit the nail on the head, Kyno!
    Again, it was just thinking out loud. But it is limiting. Isn't the CD the same for everyone, though? As far as the path, the time to battle, I see no difference. I have to think there's a better way. You're right, this probably isn't it lol
    I typically start the day in the low to mid 100's. I rarely, if ever get below 100 because I can refresh opponents forever and never see one below 100. That is the issue.
  • This is a horrible idea, players from the 200's would just snipe number 1 with a resistance team at the moment before payout

If you want to take number one you gotta work up through the ranks like top players did to get to the top, if you can't do that then you shouldn't be at the top

Do players in the the teens and below 10 not snipe #1? I'm not sure of the point you're attempting to make, premise is flawed.
  • Poxx wrote: »

You certainly did add comedy in place of constructive discussion. That's cool, too.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »

I've seen better...

Such as this?
    giphy-facebook_s.jpg
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • VanKings22
    219 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Only thing that needs to happen is to be able to choose the highest rank you are able to reach without having to refresh 50 times