The Joda Joke

Have been playing the game for a couple of weeks (and far more than my employer and girl friend should ever know!) and managed to develop some helpful characters and a team I even could win the Galactic War with several times in a row.

Then the great announcement of the Yoda event, making me being thrilled to bits and counting hours and minutes till it got started - only to find out that I'm even far from being qualified to take part as I got "only" 3 Jedis instead of 5 required?

For a short moment I've even been tempted to invest real money to get the last 2 needed but after reading insightful comments and posts from other co-players who've been in this game for a longer time than me I've quickly abandoned this idea having read how much this game have come down in recent time.

So in the end: Thanks for turning my strong thrill of anticipation into sheer frustration and for kissing the major players' **** by turning their teams even stronger by having been chosen to take part in this event!

Just disgusting...

Replies

• Honestly, there are 5x easily farm-able Jedi. This is better than having Yoda be Chromium-only. You'd have to drop a lot of money to get him to 7 stars. His event comes back around in 1 month btw.
  • Hey, you gotta be in it to win it!
  • MHM69 wrote: »
    Have been playing the game for a couple of weeks (and far more than my employer and girl friend should ever know!) and managed to develop some helpful characters and a team I even could win the Galactic War with several times in a row.

Then the great announcement of the Yoda event, making me being thrilled to bits and counting hours and minutes till it got started - only to find out that I'm even far from being qualified to take part as I got "only" 3 Jedis instead of 5 required?

For a short moment I've even been tempted to invest real money to get the last 2 needed but after reading insightful comments and posts from other co-players who've been in this game for a longer time than me I've quickly abandoned this idea having read how much this game have come down in recent time.

So in the end: Thanks for turning my strong thrill of anticipation into sheer frustration and for kissing the major players' **** by turning their teams even stronger by having been chosen to take part in this event!

Just disgusting...

To be fair the event wasn't aimed at allowing everyone a 7* Yoda on day one. They did give us a week notice via the patch notes. I've been playing since December, spent about $100 on the game and with luck I'll barely make the 5* x 5 requirement.

Also this will be a monthly event so you'll have more chances in the future.
  • The requirements were announced well in advance of the event starting.
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MHM69 wrote: »
    Have been playing the game for a couple of weeks

Welcome to The Game. I've been playing since November.
    I got "only" 3 Jedis

3/14! My! You've come such a long way!
    insightful comments and posts from other co-players

Are we on the same forums?
    how much this game have come down in recent time.

In deference to your vast 3-week experience, we should all take heed.
    turning their teams even stronger

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be using Yoda with my comp. And I doubt you'll see him much in your rankings.

Woo. Love these forums.

• Well, I don't know about the announcement of the requirements in the US-version but over here in old Europe there hasn't been any such info.

And considering the vast amount of similar posts from other players it doesn't seem that too many of them have only the slightest chance of playing this event.
  • MHM69 wrote: »
    Well, I don't know about the announcement of the requirements in the US-version but over here in old Europe there hasn't been any such info.

And considering the vast amount of similar posts from other players it doesn't seem that too many of them have only the slightest chance of playing this event.

This game is a grind mate, it takes time to get a good squad together unless you decide to put a lot of money in.
    This event will come round again and again, don't worry about not having 5 Jedi after three weeks...
    I've been playing a long time but didn't invest much time into Jedi before now.
    I decided to buy the bundle yesterday as that allowed me to have five 5* Jedi.
    I might have them all to 7* by the time the event comes around again, but I'm not too worried if I don't.
    Relax and enjoy the game mate, temember you've only been playing 3 weeks. I've been playing around 4 months and just about had enough to unlock him.
    Hope this perspective helps some.