Next Zeta for my R1 Squad. Which zetas are worth having?

Olga
1333 posts Member
My squad;
Jyn (L) - already zeta her leader ability
R2
K2
Cassian
Chirrut

I'm thinking I might zeta the R2 dispell next or maybe K2 protection up.
Which is priority?
Number Crunch worth getting with this squad?
Is Cassian zeta good?
Jyn stun immunity worth bothering with?

So my basic question. Which Zetas are worth getting, and which order should I get them?

Replies

• dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is a must because he is universal. In order I would do both r2, cassian, and then k2.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    Options
    I'm running Baze instead of R2. Have done Jyn and Cassian's zetas.

Next up is K2, then Jyn's unique.

Cassian's is ok, it helps with the initial wiggs onslaught.

I think I've just got to the bottom of zK2. It appears as though he does recover 1% protection when he's hit and increases max protection so recovers more when he gains a buff - see the official character strategy post for more info.

Have been finishing 1st in arena the past few days and have had people comment on how annoying K2 is.

What gear level are you characters at as that as that will affect Cassian's and K2s Zeta?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Jyn is G11, the others are G10 still but working K2 to G11 right now. I boosted K2s protection a lot though, gave him protection arrow, triangle, cross and circle so he's sitting at 41k protection currently at G10.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, mines is G10 as well @ 37.5k protection, has 182 speed.

I wouldn't recommend K2s Zeta until I've done it and seen how it pans out.

I would recommend the R1 squad though!

Assume you don't have Baze?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Not yet, I'm farming him now. Only just managed to 3* his node using this squad, didn't have a decent enough LS squad prior to this one.

And yeah, if you can keep me updated with how that K2 zeta works out, it would be much appreciated. Seems like a really nice squad so far!
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    I've got two zetas on R2 and one on Cassian.

Definitely make R2 a priority.
    Jyn's lead is important.
    After that I would go with Cassian's protection, Jyn's stun, and if you're insistent then put the zeta on K2SO last, but it's tough to make an argument in favor of that zeta.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Really? I'd heard K2 zeta was meant to be pretty good with the Jyn lead. Maybe pretty good with the Cassian zeta too, but yeah, hard to tell if it's really worthwhile or not.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Will keep you posted! Finished 3rd today after a disagreement with GK!
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    K2SO does great on his own with the Jyn lead, gaining 5% protection each time he gains taunt - which is quite often. The zeta just adds an extra 1% protection, and even if you have him modded for straight protection and no tenacity, you're looking at being worth maybe a single extra hit over the course of a battle.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Options
    I have like the exact same squad as you Jyn gr11 K2 nearing gr11 at 41k protection. So far I've zeta'd Jyn Lead, R2 number crunch and Cassian. I would definitely recommend number crunch next for you helps alot. Cassian's is alright and it would definitely be better with K2 and Baze and also if you loaded R2 with high protection. Honestly I think Jyn's 2nd might've been more helpful to me. I've heard Mixed reports from K2's zeta, I guess it could vary alot depending on how many times he counters/gains buffs. I really want to try K2 tho.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Napoli what do you think of R2's combat analysis zeta? It definitely looks helpful but I wish it was like Savage's which cleanses when critically hit so it could clear stun and stuff. And if you have say ability block for 1 turn and get a critical hit its gonna dissappear anyway after you attack.
    Post edited by Creepioo on
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    @Napoli what do you think of R2's number crunch zeta? It definitely looks helpful but I wish it was like Savage's which cleanses when critically hit so it could clear stun and stuff. And if you have say ability block for 1 turn and get a critical hit its gonna dissappear anyway after you attack.

Yes, but if you are ability blocked for one turn but you counter attack (Chirrut, Baze, k-2) and you crit on the counter attack, the ability block is gone for your next turn. It also gives an alternative way to cleanse Daze if chirrut is on cooldown. Same goes for other debuffs of just speed down or dots and the like.

Both of R2's zetas are very useful in my opinion.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys, so what do you think next? Go with R2 crit dispell?
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like either one of R2's. I'd go number crunch first. The extra health, offense, and protection helps alot. But its up to you.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    My first zeta was R2s dispel and my second was his number crunch (3rd was Cassian's protection).
    However, if I could do it over again I would reverse the order on R2 and do number crunch first.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Alright cool, thanks!
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    Options
    So I Zeta'd K2 this morning, haven't done my arena run yet but I did HAAT P3 with zjyn, zcass, bistan, chirrut and zK2.

I got to enrage and K2 had full health and half protection. Everyone else was full health. Last week before Zeta I had to revive him with Jyn.

Also did a full GW run with Baze instead of bistan and pretty much had full health and protection at the end.

I'll keep you posted but there is a noticeable difference.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Nice, that's good to hear! I ended up putting my second zeta on R2s combat analysis after reading around a bit more. Now I don't know if I want Number cruch or K2 zeta next lol.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Number crunch looks better to me as everyone gets the bonuses!

I'll let you know how zK2 is in a few days after I've seen some more of it.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Great, thanks!