Flash events:What's it going to be from here on out?

Prev1
Are you going to keep changing how flash events supply/use toons? Are you going to provide toons or make us use our own for all future? Please just tell us what we should be doing. First one it said Jawas were going to be required so you know what people did? Leveled Jawas then were frustrated that we couldn't use our own toons. Next up PS, we all know about that debacle and now here we are, and I'm assuming the majority of all people figured Star requirements and then own toons for bonus tier which is what it has been for the last two. I'm not upset just completely baffled by how you are expecting your player base to respond to how these are run. Can someone please explain the reasoning for changing these up and if they will be continued to change? It's too the point where I just don't even want to deal with them because we don't know what's going to be required.

Replies

• Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Yes, would be good to get an official answer.
  • That's all I want and I know it will never happen but they could say "hey, we are going to experiment with how flash events work so there may be different requirements/mechanics from here on out" just something explaining what the expectations will be I mean come on. I guess it's too much to ask for someone to just explain how a game mechanic will work.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    I think a lot of people lvl/geared up the evoks (with the double drops) so for this event it isn't so bad. But I'm not sure if I lvl up new characters for next flashevent because it cost a lot of money and materials. Then I will focus on my main characters again.
  • volitan
    59 posts Member
    I don't understand their secrecy about events. Is being upfront and honest with the playerbase a bad thing? They kind of set a precedent with the previous two events and then this one switch it up without a mention. I don't find it a big deal we have to use our own ewoks but some communication ahead of time would have been nice.
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I really appreciate CG for all the hard work and active communication they provide. The single thing I hate that they do is that they are so cryptic with EVERYTHING!!! I understand why; it's a free game and they have to keep us in the dark in order to make us spend money. And I understand that that's the point of the game for the devs; for them, in the end, it's about how much money we spend on this game. And that's ok, it is a business after all, but I hate it nonetheless. I'd also be more willing to spend money if the packs had a guaranteed return. The last time I bought and spent crystals on packs was for the nihilus pack. I bought it 3 times, got 15 shards, and still don't have nihilus despite the 2000+ crystals I spent on his packs. If the crystal packs had a guaranteed return, I'd be far more inclined to buy those packs, and by extension buy crystals. Also, 20$ for 80 shards is way too expensive imo. Make it 10$ and I'm down to start spending a bit. Right now I'm f2p as I'm a college student and I can't afford to spend money on uncertain rewards. If they were guaranteed, however, and I had the option of buying whichever shards I wanted (not just the featured packs), I would spend money on this game.
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    I was expecting to need 5 starred Ewoks to unlock the flash events. I wasn't expecting that we'd use our own toons to fight in them, aside from the bonus tier, of course.
  • If they would have told me before hand that we were using our own ewoks I would have bought the 20$ packs and really worked on getting the ewoks up there but since of course they change things last second I am not going to do it as even with the packs they would not be ready and I don't feel like pumping all those resources for a chance at some alright gear.
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Yeah, I don't see the point to not telling us what we can expect. I would have geared up my Ewoks so I could try all tiers.
  • Tijack
    76 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    While i like the idea of the flash events, the fact that rules are different everytime is just kitten. I also thought we'd get "premade" toons. The difficulty of the flash is amazing. Last flash event was better balanced with phoenix. 5 5* phoenix with gear 7-8 could beat it.

This one though? Yeah good luck with gear 7-8. I can barely beat the normal tiers. Better use that raid gear to get some omegas and a few zetas! Nice rewards. /sarcasm

Was the event balanced around using a full ewok squad? Cause guess what, most players only got 4.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • 5-7pm is also the worst time period possible for flash events, when we are busy with the arenas.
  • Sairiki1 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people lvl/geared up the evoks (with the double drops) so for this event it isn't so bad. But I'm not sure if I lvl up new characters for next flashevent because it cost a lot of money and materials. Then I will focus on my main characters again.

I didn't level and gear them up until I knew it was needed...

Most likely the majority used the double drop to increase their star levels but I wouldn't draw conclusions on gearing and leveling
  • Agree, I have them started to give just not level and gear ready. Like I stated before if it would have been known I would have been happy to but now I'm at the point that I don't care so I'm not going to sink resources or crystals into them.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Some guildmates aren't lvl and geared them up, so they can't participate at this event... that is sad...
  • This game is about resource management. Today 2 if my ewoks we're lvl 1 gear 1, now I completed the bonus tier (and they're not high geared now either). I don't see the reason to complaining. It was pretty obvious we would need at least 5* ewoks, and that's not hard to achieve, and the gear you can just save it until you know how the event's going to be
  • This game is about resource management. Today 2 if my ewoks we're lvl 1 gear 1, now I completed the bonus tier (and they're not high geared now either). I don't see the reason to complaining. It was pretty obvious we would need at least 5* ewoks, and that's not hard to achieve, and the gear you can just save it until you know how the event's going to be

Not the point. The point is the first two flash events have toons to use. This one did not. That's my point. I understand resource management. I too had some credits saved up and there will most likely be a heist before the last day of flash events. What I want is an idea going forward on how exactly flash events will be working. Give us toons or not I don't care just let us know.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Did they decrease of the amount of the flash event during 1day? I think it were 5 last time not 4.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Clear and detailed information is really help someone make decision. If players well-informed sure they will happy bcause they know what to do, where to spend and what to expect.

Me, for example.. i assume first time reward bonus tier will same like last phoenix event, which is:
    - 1 set mk5 cec fusion furnace
    - 1 set stun cuff
    - 3 zetas

I'm dissapointed bcause this time only 3 zetas. I don't interest in zeta bcause i already have lots of it. But for some people maybe zeta is very useful. I even buy crystal pack to buy credit for leveling up my ewoks.

Only if.. the information is nice, players can choose whether they want to participate or no. To farm or no, to geared/leveled up or no. Like above, who knows that we will use our own chars? who knows the rewards is reduce?

EA/CG.. u're doing it wrong.. :frowning:
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Idk why they ever provided toons to use. That's just dumb to me. This game is literally all about unlocking, starring, gearing, leveling, and modding the toons to fight with. Why the heck would we use someone else's toons.
  • My only issue is even with the double drops I couldn't get my Ewok Elder to 4*. Hell, alot of days I hit the bonus mission and don't get a single shard. It's just a pain.

Now if I had known I would need him at 4*, I would have spent guild currency on him. Just av little disappointing that I couldn't even participate.
  • alfredoroque
    9 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    so... you want to play a mobile collectible card game RPG with 100+ characters to unlock and gear without unlocking and gearing them while having the opportunity to win every reward??
    and you want to be told in advance how and when you play this game???
  • Good rule of thumb- if they are dropping double drops on a whole faction. And that faction is getting a pass and they tell you ewoks are needed for flash events- and you want to participate in the event- farm them up. If you don't want to participate no reason to farm them.
    Also you all are so much more optimistic than I am. I was ready for the worst- I thought we would need 5 ewoks at 6* and they would provide teebo. And giving packs for logray and paploo. I was ready to miss the bonus for it. Hope for the best and expect the worst.
  • Are you going to keep changing how flash events supply/use toons? Are you going to provide toons or make us use our own for all future? Please just tell us what we should be doing. First one it said Jawas were going to be required so you know what people did? Leveled Jawas then were frustrated that we couldn't use our own toons. Next up PS, we all know about that debacle and now here we are, and I'm assuming the majority of all people figured Star requirements and then own toons for bonus tier which is what it has been for the last two. I'm not upset just completely baffled by how you are expecting your player base to respond to how these are run. Can someone please explain the reasoning for changing these up and if they will be continued to change? It's too the point where I just don't even want to deal with them because we don't know what's going to be required.

I was peeved off cause I focused on Ewok Star Count instead of gear, and now, I'm screwed for these flash events! It's Thrawn all over again
  • so... you want to play a mobile collectible card game RPG with 100+ characters to unlock and gear without unlocking and gearing them while having the opportunity to win every reward??

No I want them to be consistant on how they do their events. Either give us toons or not. Don't keep going back and forth. I already had come to the conclusion that I wasn't getting bonus tier done and I knew that so no I don't want every reward but don't tell me the requirements will just be stars because in the past we gave you toons to use and then not do it. Thats not too much to ask. What if nightsisters is the next flash and Everyone farms them up and then they give us toons to use instead. People will be **** that they wasted resources. I don't care about farming I just would like their events to stay consistant throughout the game. Either give us toons or don't but yeah a little heads up before hand would go a long way. "Hey by the way in the previous flash we gave you toons, this time around you will be using your own". Wow one sentence took about 5 seconds they could have blasted that out a week or a day ago just to let people know.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Are you going to keep changing how flash events supply/use toons? Are you going to provide toons or make us use our own for all future? Please just tell us what we should be doing. First one it said Jawas were going to be required so you know what people did? Leveled Jawas then were frustrated that we couldn't use our own toons. Next up PS, we all know about that debacle and now here we are, and I'm assuming the majority of all people figured Star requirements and then own toons for bonus tier which is what it has been for the last two. I'm not upset just completely baffled by how you are expecting your player base to respond to how these are run. Can someone please explain the reasoning for changing these up and if they will be continued to change? It's too the point where I just don't even want to deal with them because we don't know what's going to be required.

I was peeved off cause I focused on Ewok Star Count instead of gear, and now, I'm screwed for these flash events! It's Thrawn all over again
    You make it sound like G7/8 is hard to achieve. You didn't need to gear these characters up very much at all in order to do all four tiers.
    Not only that, you have six more days before the last flash event. So you have plenty of time to get them to G8. If you can't manage that in 6 days, then you've got bigger problems.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    so... you want to play a mobile collectible card game RPG with 100+ characters to unlock and gear without unlocking and gearing them while having the opportunity to win every reward??

No I want them to be consistant on how they do their events. Either give us toons or not. Don't keep going back and forth. I already had come to the conclusion that I wasn't getting bonus tier done and I knew that so no I don't want every reward but don't tell me the requirements will just be stars because in the past we gave you toons to use and then not do it. Thats not too much to ask. What if nightsisters is the next flash and Everyone farms them up and then they give us toons to use instead. People will be **** that they wasted resources. I don't care about farming I just would like their events to stay consistant throughout the game. Either give us toons or don't but yeah a little heads up before hand would go a long way. "Hey by the way in the previous flash we gave you toons, this time around you will be using your own". Wow one sentence took about 5 seconds they could have blasted that out a week or a day ago just to let people know.
    Seriously. One of the first things you should learn about planning in this game is to not spend gear/credits until you're sure you need to. The smart thing to do is to farm the gear needed to gear up those characters and stockpile the credits to level them up... and then wait.
    You can level/gear them up almost instantly, but you can't undo it. Heck, you don't even need to promote the characters early, either. You may miss the first flash instance if you don't check the forums a few hours ahead to see what players from Aus/NZ, etc. are saying, but you can make sure you level/gear them up if you need/want to before the second flash comes an hour or three later.
    And if you decide the rewards aren't worth the investment? Spend them elsewhere.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Deanolavorto91
    245 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Pyrefly wrote: »

You make it sound like G7/8 is hard to achieve. You didn't need to gear these characters up very much at all in order to do all four tiers.
    Not only that, you have six more days before the last flash event. So you have plenty of time to get them to G8. If you can't manage that in 6 days, then you've got bigger problems.

This is where I think people are letting CG off to easy though. I'm not upset that I will have to gear and level them. I'm not upset that I will have to spend the credits. It's my choice to do that or not. It's easy to say well just level them up. What is annoying is they are changing requirements on events that worked differently in the past without telling their community that they are going to do it and some people just say oh well you can still gear them up. I understand I can still gear them up but what will the requirements be going foreword. Stars or everything. Supply characters or not. That's all I'm asking. As of right now it looks like using own toons going forward but who knows for sure.
    Edit-read post above and completly agree. That will be the mo going forward.
  • You do recall that for the bonus tiers of both previous events you needed to use YOUR own chars right? So really, if you are planning to participate in the flash events, would you not want to hit the highest tier? Which would mean that you are using YOUR own chars in order to participate. One further step in that logic is, you would build YOUR chars to do the bonus tier, . . Which means they are built already and available for the lower tiers by the way, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other whether you get event units for the easy tiers, OR whether you use YOUR chars for every tier. Just something to consider.

Furthermore , the first flash event required you to star the chars to access the tiers, and you needed one char only from YOUR roster to do the bonus tier, the second flash event required you to star the chars to unlock the tiers , BUT , you needed YOUR own five Phoenix members in order to do the bonus tier.

Now, this event , you are required to star YOUR chars to unlock the tiers, and you get to use your chars throughout the event. Small changes from the first to this series for sure, however, getting back to the main point, you need YOUR own chars to do the final tier, so if you were planning on doing it, why is there an issue with not receiving event units? And if you weren't planning on doing it, hen why is there an issue at all?

@Deanolavorto91
  • Bailey
    30 posts Member
    I think personally they are experimenting and this is the way forward, i'm super happy we don't have to use event toons like the last 2 events. So I believe they have improved the experience as we don't get to use our toons enough as it is...

I made the mistake also of just farming stars and not gear/levels so I will be sitting this event out which is a shame but it happens, next time I will assume it'l be like this as I believe this flash event is the perfect way to do things going forward and is millions better than using event toons..
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

This is where I think people are letting CG off to easy though. I'm not upset that I will have to gear and level them. I'm not upset that I will have to spend the credits. It's my choice to do that or not. It's easy to say well just level them up. What is annoying is they are changing requirements on events that worked differently in the past without telling their community that they are going to do it and some people just say oh well you can still gear them up. I understand I can still gear them up but what will the requirements be going foreword. Stars or everything. Supply characters or not. That's all I'm asking. As of right now it looks like using own toons going forward but who knows for sure.
    I see where you're coming from, but I think it comes down to managing expectations. Some people looked at the first two flash events, and even though they weren't exactly same, expected the similarities that were there to be the case going forward.
    I almost never take anything for granted, especially in a game that has a lot of "surprise reveal" elements to it. I do vaguely recall a podcast interview where I believe one of the devs said that they were going to be experimenting with the flash event format, but I can't find that quote anymore, so I may just be remembering it incorrectly.
    Regardless, unless I see something repeated in exactly the same way many times over a long period of time, I refuse to assume that it's going to be the same next time around. And if it does happen to ehange after months and months of being the same... well, so be it.
    Perhaps I'd feel differently if I were P2P, though, I dunno.

Edit-read post above and completly agree. That will be the mo going forward.
    Yeah, it's the one piece of advice that I think should be applied the most and seemingly rarely is. But it can make a big difference.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Personally I felt they gave us plenty of notice to grind our ewoks. Some people chose to do so others did not. If you chose to allocate time and resources into ewoks you were probably happy. If you chose not to, well that means you are probably upset. But if you chose not to allocate time or resources after all the posts about ewoks then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

EA doesn't need to give us any notice about anything ever. Just because they communicate on here does not mean they are required to hold your hand as you play. Take their posts for what they are and have some fun.

If you have grinded ewoks then today you win. Perhaps one day they will do a tuskan event, on that day my squad will fall very short. If that day comes it will be my choices that to work on other characters that will decide that.

Thanks Devs and CGs for all the hard work you put into making this game fun!