35k+ cantina credits, shard shop or another toon?

Prev1
Rapid
421 posts Member
edited July 2017
From cantina I have:

7 Star QGJ
7 Star Fives
7 Star Bistan
7 Star Jawa Scavenger
7 Star Ahsoka Tano
7 Star Boba
7 Star Poe

So simple question really, do I trade in for shard shop currently? (I haven't done the math but I'm sure someone will) or go for another toon. I'm not fussed on chopper because I'll soon have Sabine at 7 to complete my phoenix set.

I have a top arena team so don't need anything on that front. (EDIT: I would quite like an empire team at some point, could stormtrooper be useful for this, no GK). I'm preparing for HAAT at the moment so that's my main focus. (EDIT: on second thoughts could chopper be useful for P3 HAAT I wonder?)

I suppose the 3rd option is to save the currency for the next decent toon that gets put in there, if that will ever happen seeing as the last two (pao and chopper) are pretty useless.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Stormtrooper is better for a p3 team than Chopper hands down. Chirpa, EP, RG, Storm, STH works very well. STH gains extra defense for each empire ally and you've got EP and RG in the team so he's fairly tanky and will be guaranteed to remove TM when he's hit (unless resisted).

I'd finish Stormtrooper off and then save your cantina credits in case someone else useful gets put in there.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe HRS for territory battles?
  • Options
    At least next time they drop someone in and make it required for an event a week later you'll be ready!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Khayman wrote: »

Oh this too, I hadn't even realized you hadn't done HRScout. He's honestly a great character, just gets outshined by some other rebels. He's part of my HAAT team until I can finish 7* Chirrut, but he's great for TM gains.
  • Options
    HRS, FOO, and Old Daka for the night sister rework.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Oh this too, I hadn't even realized you hadn't done HRScout. He's honestly a great character, just gets outshined by some other rebels. He's part of my HAAT team until I can finish 7* Chirrut, but he's great for TM gains.

I did chirrut a while ago so I'm pretty happy with my rebels.

For P3 I was working on sun fac but I'd much rather spend cantina credits I already have rather than precious fleet shipments.

I just wish I hadn't brought those 15 sun fac shards earlier!!

re: HRS maybe I'll get him after storm. I managed to get storm to 5 just through ally points/bronze so won't take long. in fact I could probably get them at the same time.

Thanks.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Rapid wrote: »

I did chirrut a while ago so I'm pretty happy with my rebels.

For P3 I was working on sun fac but I'd much rather spend cantina credits I already have rather than precious fleet shipments.

I just wish I hadn't brought those 15 sun fac shards earlier!!

re: HRS maybe I'll get him after storm. I managed to get storm to 5 just through ally points/bronze so won't take long. in fact I could probably get them at the same time.

Thanks.

It takes 26400 of any currency to go from 0 shards to 7*.
    It'll only take 14800 to take Storm from 5* to 7*.
    Not sure how many HRSc shards you already have from Bronzium, but I'd be surprised if you didn't already have him at least at 3 or 4*. So you can definitely farm them both at the same time.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    If you ever want a 7* Thrawn then I'd go with chopper
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

When I have Sabine?

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

When I have Sabine?

How was I supposed to know that? I was trying to be helpful and cause chopper is easier to get to 7*s than Sabine
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options

When I have Sabine?

How was I supposed to know that? I was trying to be helpful and cause chopper is easier to get to 7*s than Sabine

I mean, they did already say they nearly had Sabine at 7* very early on their post.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Sothe wrote: »

When I have Sabine?

I mean, they did already say they nearly had Sabine at 7* very early on their post.

He's still another character for raids
  • IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    From cantina I have:

... I'm not fussed on chopper because I'll soon have Sabine at 7 to complete my phoenix set....

Thanks in advance.

When I have Sabine?

How dare people be faster than me at posting... lol
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options

When I have Sabine?

They had already stated they weren't interested in Chopper though.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

When I have Sabine?

So? They asked my opinion so I gave it
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options

When I have Sabine?

Now you're just being difficult to be difficult. Have fun.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

When I have Sabine?

I am thanks for asking
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Don't go off topic, what I have done it's get 145 shards of each toon in the shops, nearly there, and saving over 10k, so 10k give me for 25 times 5 shards that is 125 plus the 145 it's 270, I can only spend 4 times a day, so it would take me 7 days to spend 10k so I would have another, say 3000 in the week more or less( one refresh a day)
    So that's close to 310 total shards for that toon, basically spending 7 more refreshes during that week I'd have him at 7*.
    So I am ready to take any toon to 7* if needed, say in 10 days tops if I don't use so much cantina energy.
    That's what I do, I know it's not the "recommended" thing to do, but I am not even activating them, so 0 spend on them, then....
    How angry would I get if we need daka instead of HRS or the opposite, so if I have both half way, then I am only 10 days away from ANY toon, saving all of it and not having any shards, will leave you at 16 days and 2 refreshes to get your 7* toon that I had last week ^_^
  • Options

When I have Sabine?

I am thanks for asking

Maybe you should read more and process before hitting reply. That was a statement, not a question.
  • Options
    have you unlocked first order mods? if not the first order officer. otherwise shard shop
  • Options
    First Order Officer, Hoth Rebel Scout, Old Daka and Stormtrooper are all valid choices, for different reasons:
    - HRScout : the coming Territory battles will take place on Hoth, and it has been hinted some characters will get bonuses (both Hoth Rebels and Snowtrooper come to mind). However, nothing sure has been declared, so I wouldn't make him a priority
    - FOO : is great in a FO team or in a TMR team. However, FOST and FOTP are slow-farming, so unless you're already well advanced on them, there's no hurry. Also, if your Rancor TMR team is fine and you have Scoundrels for the Hoth Omega event, no priority to be given to FOO.
    - Old Daka : a Nightsister rework is coming, and her Stunning basic and rejuvanating special (and unique) already were to decent kit. But faction passes often come with nice paying packs for 80 shards, so if you pick her and are not afraid to pay a little, don't go over 6* yet.
    - Stormtrooper : is good in a Trooper squad. You need Veers and several other Imperial Troopers for that, obviously, so same remark as for FOO : it depends on where you are on the farming of the other components.

The choice lies in your hands.
  • Options
    Daka or FOO, nightsisters will eventually get a faction pass, and there will be more resistance and first order toons when the new movie comes out and he'll probably be helpful to get them
  • Options

When I have Sabine?

I've said all along that Sabine was the character to leave out of the Phoenix Squad because Crit Hate is probably the most effective weapon in the game.
  • Options
    Stormtrooper is better for a p3 team than Chopper hands down. Chirpa, EP, RG, Storm, STH works very well. STH gains extra defense for each empire ally and you've got EP and RG in the team so he's fairly tanky and will be guaranteed to remove TM when he's hit (unless resisted).

I'd finish Stormtrooper off and then save your cantina credits in case someone else useful gets put in there.

How does Sth gain defence for each empire character other than defence up from Royal guard?
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    How does Sth gain defence for each empire character other than defence up from Royal guard?
    It is his unique ability, Wall of Stormtroopers. 40% Defense for each living Empire ally when maxed.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/stormtrooper/
  • Pyrophor
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    It is his unique ability, Wall of Stormtroopers. 40% Defense for each living Empire ally when maxed.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/stormtrooper/

STH = Stormtrooper Han ≠ Stormtrooper
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Pyrophor Vertigo obviously referred to Stormtrooper in the beginning of his statement (but mix it up with the TMR).
  • Options
    I say wait until new game mod comes out before making any decision
  • Fredelig
    33 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ok, some thoughts. I would take foo to 7* for a fo team plus offense mod challenge if u haven't done it. In this game it's better the more options u have. U only need a 5* foo for the challenge, but the extra star lvl help with the challenge, plus u can use him with the rancor and haat. Second: chopper. I know u have Sabine, but u can complete tier 7 of the thrawn challenge with a lower gear lvl for phoenix if u have chopper compared to Sabine. I personally wouldn't spend more gear than necessary on the phoenix
    Member of The ALLIΔNCE DeltΔcorns
  • Options
    Wasn't able to edit my post. But chopper is also one of the pilots for Phantom, a decent ship. Personally I try to 7-star every pilot
    Member of The ALLIΔNCE DeltΔcorns